AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-04, 12:43   Link #1
scouva31

Do you "cram" your anime?

When you watch anime, do you like to watch as many episodes at once? Or do you prefer to space them out over time?

For me, I like taking things slowly when I watch anime, which means that I will only watch, at most, 2-3 episodes of one show in one sitting. I feel that cramming too much anime each day ruins the experience - these shows were originally meant to be watched every week, so to me, it kind of makes sense to space them out.
scouva31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 13:19   Link #2
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
If I like it, I cram it. If I don't fancy it, one episode a day is ok. If it is short slapstick vignetes, I watch a few in a row per day even if I like them a lot.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 13:20   Link #3
Quancio

If story pulls me in then I can sit and watch all episodes in one sitting, even if I wanted to leave it for later I couldn't do it cuz yea.. I just need to know what happens next (cliffhangers are evul!). It's the same with games, if I like it I'll finish it asap. I like taking things slowly aswell but in this case it's impossible for me. (unless I cut off last 5 minutes of every episode)

So for me I guess its the type of anime that either makes me watch whole or few episodes per day.
Old 2010-12-04, 19:07   Link #4
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouva31 View Post
When you watch anime, do you like to watch as many episodes at once? Or do you prefer to space them out over time?

For me, I like taking things slowly when I watch anime, which means that I will only watch, at most, 2-3 episodes of one show in one sitting. I feel that cramming too much anime each day ruins the experience - these shows were originally meant to be watched every week, so to me, it kind of makes sense to space them out.
Yeah, I find one episode a day (per series) to be ideal. Once I reach 2-3 episodes in a sitting, I usually feel compelled to stop. Cliffhangers do keep me glued sometimes, but it's almost as if I'm simply watching for the next piece of plot development and not for the overall experience.

Generally, I find shows to be most memorable if viewed on a weekly basis and not marathoned.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 20:57   Link #5
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
I use anime as an outlet, so I don't have time to cram. I usually watch one or two episodes a week, and savor the suspense. I avoid spoilers

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:20   Link #6
Eater of All
NOM

Well, for me, there are two kinds of "cramming":
- Watching several episodes of a series in quick succession
- Watching episodes of several series in quick succession

The first kind is pretty much just marathoning, and it's something I like to do occasionally since it helps me settle into the anime better.

The second kind though is something that I probably shouldn't do since the jump from one anime to another is sometimes jarring. I can't help but doing it though, since I'm following several currently-airing series, and most of my free time are in the weekends.
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:30   Link #7
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I cram as much anime as I can watch each day, divided by the time I have to play on other games such as Visual Novels, Games, and then at the end of the day watch as much anime as I possibly can. So its basically "cramming" for me.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:31   Link #8
seiftis
~Please kill me.

I don't mind either way; either watching them each week or 3-4 (or more) in a go.

It totally depends on my schedule, so on the weeks that I'm busy, it'll certainly become watching multiple episodes in one go. However if it's an old series (finished airing), I'll most probably watch all 24-26 eps in two straight days.
Old 2010-12-04, 21:32   Link #9
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

For more comedic shows 1-3 episodes at a time is fine for me. If I'm watching a more dramatic show I like to watch a lot at once even going as far as to watch an entire 13 episode show in one sitting. I find the emotional impact is lessened when you have time to come down after an episode instead of immediately getting hit with the next episode.
Old 2010-12-04, 21:47   Link #10
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I almost never cram anime, much to the disdain of people who would like me to watch their favorite shows. Usually anime's just the kinda thing I come to once in a while.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:56   Link #11
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Depends I do sometimes, but other times I don't. So I suppose really depends on things like the series, my free time, and such .
Old 2010-12-04, 22:27   Link #12
Tiran86

I always do. Since I stopped watching anime on cartoon network, I've only finished two series watching while they got subbed.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 22:30   Link #13
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I try not to but its so hard once you get into it
Old 2010-12-04, 23:35   Link #14
brocko

Depends on the show. If it's something slow like Aria, i don't think i'd be able to sit through a marathon of that ><

If it pulls me in enough though, then yea i could sit and watch it all day. Which is why i tend to avoid any of the finished series or episode heavy shows until i know i have the time to finish it. Probably explains why i have such a giant backlog to be honest haha

Following current shows that air weekly I find is best time-management wise though. It's only 30 mins per episode and you can easily fit that into whatever weekly schedule you may have

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:47   Link #15
GreatTeacherKen

It largely depends on how the series' length or how complicated the plot is. If the series is short and boasts what appears to be a fairly elaborate plot, I'll try to finish it as quickly as possible, if not in one sitting like I did this with Baccano! If I stop watching for too long, I'm likely to forget details and get lost.

For straightforward and mostly episodic series like You're Under Arrest!, I'll watch one at a time.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:59   Link #16
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

For me, it depends on the show that I'm watching. If it's an anime that has arcs that consist of 3-5 episodes, then I usually cram it. But if it's a long series that breaks the conventional 12 episode format, then I usually limit myself to fewer episodes at a time. At the same time if it's a new series that I'm currently following, I usually watch one episode per week of said series.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:32   Link #17
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I like to space them out but end up cramming them anyway.
Old 2010-12-05, 04:45   Link #18
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Don't know... well, I've watch the complete....

OMAMORI HIMARI series in 5 hours straight
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD in two days ( I just continued the next day because its late at night already)
BAKA to SHUGANJUU in 1 day
CHU BRA in two days, same as HOTD
GUNDAM WING ... 2 days
....many more

... If its good I'll not watch it al, if the story sucks, I'll finish it at once....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 05:35   Link #19
darry

i watched gundam seed & destiny in one go with a break of 8hours.. since than i usualy take a bit more time if its longer than 26 episodes :P
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 06:37   Link #20
Nihokon

I don't really have much time to watch Anime during weekdays. In other words, no. I don't cram when watching anime. Precisely, I want to, but can't.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote