AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 18:06   Link #1
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Question Who is Obito? [Manga]

jus wonderin who he is i know he is an uchiha.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:10   Link #2
SrStrk

Send a message via AIM to SrStrk
I wanna say Obito is Hayate's surname, but I'm not sure.
SrStrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:10   Link #3
Kouji
StrykerX

He presumably Kakashi's dead friend. As some sites claim. But some of the people that run these sites hardly notice about him or that the characters of Naruto hardly ever talk about him either.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:17   Link #4
Ero-Sennin

I'm new to these forums so I dont know how to use the spoiler mode (?) but

SPOILER!
My guess is that obito is the other male apprentice of the 4th Hokage (you can see a young picture of him in episode 72 of the anime)
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:24   Link #5
Gpooj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sennin
I'm new to these forums so I dont know how to use the spoiler mode (?) but

SPOILER!
My guess is that obito is the other male apprentice of the 4th Hokage (you can see a young picture of him in episode 72 of the anime)

I've wondered who that other guy in that picture was...
Gpooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:25   Link #6
Kouji
StrykerX

Oh, well you place s bracket [] then you type "spoiler" in that bracket then you put an end bracket [/]. Inside the end bracket you type the word "spoiler". In between the brackets, you type the message of the spoiler. Cuz the mods look down at people that use open spoilers. ^_^
Old 2004-05-01, 18:29   Link #7
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

Quite simply, we don't /know/ who Obito is. He's only been mentioned like twice in the manga and anime. There's lots of theories, some including about how Kakashi got his Sharingan about Obito. Anyway, try the search button next time.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:31   Link #8
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, the search doesn't work if you haven't made this kind of comment. The search checks only topics that have been made lately. And this would probably just a relatively new made topic.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:36   Link #9
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

My theory.

Obito is one of the 4ths students. Along with Kakashi. That is why he and Kakashi were such good friends. Kakashi mentiones his dead friend with affection several times. Im also guessing that when Obito died during the ninja war, it was he who gave Kakashi his sharingan. In other words theres a chance obito was an uchiha. Kakashi probably lost one of his eyes i battle and it was his friends dying gift to give kakashi the sharingan.

How much of this is true only tim will tell =D
Old 2004-05-01, 19:00   Link #10
Ero-Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
My theory.

Obito is one of the 4ths students. Along with Kakashi. That is why he and Kakashi were such good friends. Kakashi mentiones his dead friend with affection several times. Im also guessing that when Obito died during the ninja war, it was he who gave Kakashi his sharingan. In other words theres a chance obito was an uchiha. Kakashi probably lost one of his eyes i battle and it was his friends dying gift to give kakashi the sharingan.

How much of this is true only tim will tell =D
that is a well thought-out theory but did they have genetic engineering during the ninja war? j/k ^^ yea I think that is very possible, as kakashi has a scar running down through his left eye.
Old 2004-05-01, 19:01   Link #11
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
i like the theory about kakashi got his sharingan from obito who actually was an uchiha (all thero). But hey! its an anime, who knows what happen and have happened?
Old 2004-05-01, 19:12   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

The question is who is Obito not if Kakashi got his sharingan from him, so don't start this Kakashi sharigan bs again. There is 5 full threads on it already. Whoever said Obito is 4th student along with Kakashi you have no idea what you're talking about because this is not for sure. They just show a kid with goggles and a toothpick. Could be Genma, Asuma, or Obito,

Obito is Kakashi's freind that died on a mission. This is all we know about him.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 19:13   Link #13
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Obito is a cool name lol. Im getting my gf a new rottweiler for her birthday. Im going to tell her to name it Obito.

Naruto anime has the potential for so many great story arcs. I just hope they dont lose steam.
Old 2004-05-01, 19:42   Link #14
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
If Obito was a Uchiha and had a sharingan, it would seem he had the sharingan with the same level that Itachi does cause Kakaski's sharingan shows the three dots.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 19:52   Link #15
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Obito is a cool name lol. Im getting my gf a new rottweiler for her birthday. Im going to tell her to name it Obito.
That's pretty nice of you. Though, they'll think that your weird. And look at you at a funny way.
Old 2004-05-01, 20:10   Link #16
Ero-Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The question is who is Obito not if Kakashi got his sharingan from him, so don't start this Kakashi sharigan bs again. There is 5 full threads on it already. Whoever said Obito is 4th student along with Kakashi you have no idea what you're talking about because this is not for sure. They just show a kid with goggles and a toothpick. Could be Genma, Asuma, or Obito,

Obito is Kakashi's freind that died on a mission. This is all we know about him.
I said it was a guess. Learn to read sir.

Besides, it's safe to say many characters showed in the history of konoha in episode 72 serve some kind of purpose (linked to current characters etc)
Old 2004-05-01, 20:19   Link #17
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
threads like this are valid by the forum rules, but why make a thread like this? if your an anime viewer, you don't know, but of course the anime will explain to you who Obito is in about three episodes. Why are you that impatient, dude? Kishimoto is giving you plot development here. Why mess it up by being spoiled of something that you will learn in the right amount of time. Mmkay? But anyways, I havent read the manga, but I think I know who Obito is.

The middle guy is probly Kakashi's dead friend, Obito, probably one of his teammates when he was being trained by the fourth. Oh yeah, and the one on the left is most likely kiba's mom or sister.

Last edited by PathofNightshade; 2004-05-01 at 20:29.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 21:16   Link #18
Shinobi_Lucas

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobi_Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
threads like this are valid by the forum rules, but why make a thread like this? if your an anime viewer, you don't know, but of course the anime will explain to you who Obito is in about three episodes. Why are you that impatient, dude? Kishimoto is giving you plot development here. Why mess it up by being spoiled of something that you will learn in the right amount of time. Mmkay? But anyways, I havent read the manga, but I think I know who Obito is.

The middle guy is probly Kakashi's dead friend, Obito, probably one of his teammates when he was being trained by the fourth. Oh yeah, and the one on the left is most likely kiba's mom or sister.
I imagine/hope that something more will be said about obito in the movie, since it will have part of the story in kakashi's past.
Shinobi_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 21:18   Link #19
Kouji
StrykerX

Oh I bet, and that'd be even more cooler if ANBU picks up the movie. But yeah, it'd be interesting, cuz we can see Kakashi's past before he became what he's now.
Old 2004-05-01, 21:24   Link #20
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

When I first saw that picture, i thought the guy in the middle was Asuma, cuz now as a grown-up he always has a cigarette in his mouth. And then when he was little, he had that stick. and also they seem to have similar hair styles. But the obito theory seems most logical at the moment.