AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 19:27   Link #1
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
updating drives..

i went to the microsoft site and looked up new updates thats ready for my computer.. and i see like driver updates..i wanna like keep my computer up to date and stuff but i'm kinda not sure about updating drives..i heard like if you do something to your drives and mess them up.. that your screwed..i don't wanna mess up my drives...so...wut should i do...
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 23:27   Link #2
LynnieS

Save a copy of the previous version of the driver that is to be upgraded somewhere in case the new version breaks something and you have to back out?

Don't know if the Windows Restore applet will work with driver updates, but taking a back-up doesn't hurt.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 05:17   Link #3
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Save a copy of the previous version of the driver that is to be upgraded somewhere in case the new version breaks something and you have to back out?

Don't know if the Windows Restore applet will work with driver updates, but taking a back-up doesn't hurt.
Windows System restore will keep the old version of the drivers to a point. There is a set reserve system space for system restore but if you exceed it, the drivers may not be able to restore. Good thing it does save the last few known setting so you can back out if you screw it up. i have done this a few times and it always worked for me. I have also referred others to do this and they also reported the same success.

Like what LynnieS says, keep a backup of the drivers just in case.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote