AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 21:21   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Virtual Dub Audio Question

Hey, hey!

I've been wondering -- say I have extracted the opening sequence for, um, let's say Chrno Crusade. Now I want to add a layer of audio from another CC episode (Aion laughing or whatever) onto my CC opening video file. Is this possible with Virtual Dub? Is this possible at all? If so, please tell me how to go about doing this.

Thanks a lot!
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 02:33   Link #2
KiNG

Yes, it is possible. It can be easily done with VirtualDubMod.

In the application, go to Streams--> Stream List, then, at the right-side, click Add, select your audio file (MP3, Wav, AC3...), and click OK. After that, go to Video, and select Direct Stream Copy so you will not lose any quality. Then click File--> Save As. Make sure you choose AVI and not anything else, and save your file.
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 02:52   Link #3
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Hey, hey!

I've been wondering -- say I have extracted the opening sequence for, um, let's say Chrno Crusade. Now I want to add a layer of audio from another CC episode (Aion laughing or whatever) onto my CC opening video file. Is this possible with Virtual Dub? Is this possible at all? If so, please tell me how to go about doing this.

Thanks a lot!
So you have a video file with the opening and the normal OP song and you want to add the laughter on top of the normal audio? Atleast that's how I understood that. The other possibility is that you just want to replace the audio stream in the OP totally, which is no sweat, you just need to disable the original audio and mux the one you want into the file with Virtualdubmod (Vdubmod for the simple reason that standard vdub audio handling sucks )

Anyway, back to the two streams at once question. It's a bit tougher but shouldn't be a major problem either. I'd do it with Avisynth myself:

video = AviSource("video.avi")
A1 = WavSource("music.wav")
A2 = WavSource("speech.wav").Supereq(preset.feq)
audio = MixAudio(A1, A2)
return AudioDub(video, audio)

The biggest annoyance is the background music in the speech part being inserted. You can attempt to get rid of *some* of it by using SuperEq to drop the lower frequencies but that will only remove...well...the lower frequencies. You can't drop the higher ones because that would also remove the speech, heh. You'll need to have a feq file for Supereq, you can make them with foobar2k's equalizer or by hand (the feq file is just 18 numbers on seperate lines, like for instance this:

Which would drop all audio within the 55Hz-1.2kHz range by 20dB and increase all audio above that by 4dB
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 12:07   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Right, I'm trying to have two layers of audio on at the same time, and luckily, the second extract doesn't have any BGM at the moment. How would I go about extracting what you listed as the WAV files? I know how to make a seperate AVI file, but I don't know about WAV.

Thanks again.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 13:01   Link #5
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Right, I'm trying to have two layers of audio on at the same time, and luckily, the second extract doesn't have any BGM at the moment. How would I go about extracting what you listed as the WAV files? I know how to make a seperate AVI file, but I don't know about WAV.

Thanks again.
It's rather simple. Get VirtualDubMod, open the video file, go to streams --> stream list and hit the save as wav button.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote