AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-03, 21:16   Link #1
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

The Official Haku Discussion Thread

I am reading the manga and am up to Haku's death on the bridge. Haku is a boy? He looks like a girl. nothing wrong with cute boys. just wondering why Kishimoto dosen't refer Haku as her instead of he? Why not make Haku a girl? Does he tell us why? Maybe in an interview?
nukunuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:18   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Maybe you should use the search button ... and they made it quite obvious that Haku is a boy ... I am amazed every time people post this thread. Were you even paying attention when you were watching the anime?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:20   Link #3
Kouji
StrykerX

Does that really bother you. And to answer your question, yes he is a guy. Due to his facial outlook.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:20   Link #4
Gai-Kakashi

Chill, it's just a question.

The answer is of course that Haku is a pretty boy. For the ladies if you get my drift.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:20   Link #5
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
I think that making Haku a girl would be a lot more interesting but then again that would mean that Sasuke and Naruto would be up against a girl.. a very powerful girl. That might effect the way they fight against Haku. I mean most guys don't fight girls..... right?
oh yes, nothing wrong with pretty boys! *wink*wink*
Old 2004-05-03, 21:21   Link #6
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Good question. Haku is actually a girl. A girl that has a penis and no breasts.

j/k. My guess on why Kishimoto made Haku look like a girl is to display his innocence not to mention it's easier to pity someone that looks cute/pretty over a rugged, bastard looking guy.

I see with Dragon Flame's absense Lex has taken the flame of "hazing" new people. It's a fun job and someone's gotta do it .

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:22   Link #7
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, to be honest. I thought that he was a girl at first. But when it comes down to it, there's a lot of similar characters that guys look like girls and vice versa (very strange indeed ).
Old 2004-05-03, 21:24   Link #8
Gai-Kakashi

The pretty boy type of guy is a lot more popular in Japan than it is America. For example, Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2 was very popular in Japan. However, in America, a lot of tweenage boys with identity issues reacted with the following... "OMG! LEIK RIDAN SI A FAGOOT! LOLOOLLO!!!"

Stupidity knows no bounds I guess. It pisses me off too, I liked Raiden. He was the Luke Skywalker to Solid Snake's Han.

Anyway, rant over.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:24   Link #9
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

Unhappy

i dont watch the anime, i cant fuking watch em cuz i cant play avi files. anyways i was just wondering, his facial features looks like a girl, sorry if i upset anyone but i just started reading, i was only curious...(sad face) meanies.but why did he make haku look so pretty...i wish i was that pretty as a boy. curse my gender issues...
Old 2004-05-03, 21:25   Link #10
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

He didn't have any cleavage and his colar round his neck was hiding a very small adams apple, plus a missing nin really can't be walking around gathering herbs in the forest while dressed as a missing nin.

If I'm not mistaken, if you are reading Shonen Jump they are still in the Haku arc on the bridge, thus the timing of the question, perhaps.

Plus I think it shows his innocents (sorry can't spell) And it appears to be a regular thin in shonen manga.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:26   Link #11
Kouji
StrykerX

Oh, not at all. Cuz at first Naruto thought that he was a girl, and he said that as a girl that she's more sexier than Sakura-chan But nice try though
Old 2004-05-03, 21:28   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Good question. Haku is actually a girl. A girl that has a penis and no breasts.

j/k. My guess on why Kishimoto made Haku look like a girl is to display his innocence not to mention it's easier to pity someone that looks cute/pretty over a rugged, bastard looking guy.

I see with Dragon Flame's absense Lex has taken the flame of "hazing" new people. It's a fun job and someone's gotta do it .
There is a couple of threads I won't ever tolerate. Is Haku a girl? Is Yashamaru a girl? These things aren't even tiny details you might miss ... There is like a whole episode where you get to figure out the gender.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-05-03, 21:29   Link #13
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Oh, not at all. Cuz at first Naruto thought that he was a girl, and he said that as a girl that she's more sexier than Sakura-chan But nice try though
Naruto said Prettier in the subbed version I saw

Kaku has a very pretty face, but no boobs, even Sakura has little lumps.

Although, I guess I'm just a Narutard and don't know anything much.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:33   Link #14
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
or its just the japanese repressed sexuality thing.....
(sorry if this is being blunt - I don't mean to offend)

thelightandthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:34   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
There is a couple of threads I won't ever tolerate. Is Haku a girl? Is Yashamaru a girl? These things aren't even tiny details you might miss ... There is like a whole episode where you get to figure out the gender.
Did you notice that Naruto looks like the 4th?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:35   Link #16
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

hey lexander, i know haku is a boy, the question i wanted to know was why kishimoto made haku a boy who looks like a girl, not is haku a girl? knowone has answered the is there a interview part? lexander why u be so mean?poo!
Old 2004-05-03, 21:36   Link #17
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Although, I guess I'm just a Narutard and don't know anything much
I wouldn't say that, because seeing that you have seen a series of episodes in the past. You would be able to know what's been going on
Old 2004-05-03, 21:38   Link #18
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
Although, I guess I'm just a Narutard and don't know anything much.
Never. :P

Hunter omg omg never did... do you know what Gaara's kanji says?

Nunaku ... if that's what you ment then your thread title and post need some editting ...
Old 2004-05-03, 21:38   Link #19
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

probably because this question is asked every month?

use the search button it's your friend.

Bottom line is that Kaku being in a dress is very common and not a big deal in Shonen Manga.

It's actually that simple.

If we all grew up in Japan and watched anime we would all know this.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:39   Link #20
Gai-Kakashi

Love right?