AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-03, 21:51   Link #1
OmegaSol

Computer Restarting

Well, I know this topic has been done before, but the solution never seemed to have been found. When I start my download, I get a blue screen of death after approximately 2 hours or so, sometimes less sometimes more.

I'm using windows XP pro, 512 MB SD RAM and the novatorrent client.

I looked under system information/hardware resources/conflicts and sharing and saw the following:

I saw multiple VIA tech CPU to AGP Controller device conflicts, as well as those with my video card (Radeon 9000 series) and a few with PCI bus.

I looked around other menus as well and the popular error seems to deal with PCI bus, Direct memory access controller, and motherboard recourses.

I can't really make anything out of this, and I wanted to know if anyone can make some sense out of this and suggest possible solutions. I'm using a router by the way, and I know that's a cause for many problems.

If others are having the Blue Screen of Death problem, post your information here too, we should really try to solve this problem. >.<
OmegaSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 22:01   Link #2
jamnjive69

Send a message via AIM to jamnjive69
Angry

Yeah same here. Have the exact same issue. Down to the last detail. Windows XP, blue screen, same deal. But i crash WAY befor 2 hours. I get like 20 minutes max before I blue screen. You have a better description of the problem then i did so im just reposting my issue. If anyone else has any information on wtf is goin on, POST.
jamnjive69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 01:18   Link #3
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Maybe you could give us some more information on the problem:

1. Log in as an Administrator
2. Open the Control Pannel
3. Open "Administrative Tools"
4. Open the "Event Veiwer"
5. Under "Event Viewer (Local)," Click "System"

Here you'll find a list of things XP doesn't like telling the general home user, it could scare the elderly. Just Kidding. Anyway, you'll see a long list of entries about services and other boering things. If you're lucky, there will be a few "X Error" entries around the time your computer blue screened. Any information you find could be very useful.

As it is, your problem is very vague to say the least. More information is vital.

Good Luck.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 17:06   Link #4
OmegaSol

Hey, thanks for responding.

I did what you said and looked under event viewer. There seem to be a series of events that lead up to each other. By that I mean a series of errors, leading to the blue screen.

The first X-Error's source is "acpi" and in properties describes as follows: "AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance." Then another acpi error directly afterwrads saying: "AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

However, at this time the computer is still running and logging information.

The next event error just says "system error" and is described in properties as: "Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000011, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000011." At this point, the computer shuts down. This happens about 10 or so minutes after the "acpi" error.

I also get a "Dhcp" error sometimes. It happens before the "acpi" and it describes as: "The IP address lease 192.168.1.103 for the Network Card with network address 00207801B1C4 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)."

Though I should say that those don't seem to happen in a specific order all the time. I really don't know. =/

Help any way you can, thanks.
Old 2004-05-07, 22:30   Link #5
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

WARNING: Following information in this post could lead to serious and irrevocable motherboard, prosessor, and/or RAM damage if not preformed properly. Use the information at YOUR OWN RISK.

That being said: I have a feeling you are using an Intel Celeron Prossesor, which has it's ways with XP. If you want to clear up this problem, a good thing to try would be flashing your motherboard's Flash ROM. Improperly flashing your ROM can lead to a destroyed system, so be sure to follow the instructions closely. And if you have any doubts, don't do it.

You can find an updated version of your BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer's website. Most times the flash program fits onto a floppy disk, and you boot the the floppy. It is generally straight forward, but like I said, if you have and doubts, don't do it. Meassure twice, cut once.

As for the last error, that sounds like a problem with your residential gateway (router). Try reconfiguring your router. Check your user manual.

Best of Luck

鶏肉が大好きです。
Old 2004-05-18, 19:00   Link #6
OmegaSol

I'm actually using an intel pentium 3. >.<;;
Thanks for the help though. My problem has gotten worse recently. It restarts after like 30 minutes now. I really can't get around this problem anymore.
Any other takes would be appreciated.
Old 2004-05-26, 10:26   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSol
I'm actually using an intel pentium 3. >.<;;
Thanks for the help though. My problem has gotten worse recently. It restarts after like 30 minutes now. I really can't get around this problem anymore.
Any other takes would be appreciated.
Did you try checking at the mainboard manufacturer's website? You don't have to update, just check if they addressed your problem in the newest BIOS - there should be a changelog or something similar.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:51   Link #8
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Sorry for missing your post for so long, I just hadn't seen your reply for a while so I kinda forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Did you try checking at the mainboard manufacturer's website? You don't have to update, just check if they addressed your problem in the newest BIOS - there should be a changelog or something similar.
Actually, just post your motherboard's Manufacturer and Model Number and Ill go looking for it for you.