AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 22:43   Link #221
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626
Gungrave OD is coming to the States. Confirmed here http://ps2.ign.com/articles/518/518957p1.html
thats good news
Old 2004-06-08, 01:20   Link #222
Tokubetsu EX
Benevolent Samurai

Send a message via AIM to Tokubetsu EX
Spoiler:

Tokubetsu EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 12:26   Link #223
ne0_loki

Send a message via ICQ to ne0_loki Send a message via Yahoo to ne0_loki
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aion|
I agree with monir,he story of gungrave is great,but i do have one problem with it,same thing that happened in FMA,The first episdoe is in the present,then after that they go back and explain what happend leading up to that point,if it was for a few episode i can get by without a hateful comment towards it,but it looks like in this its gonna go on for a good while.The whole thing about brandon being brought back to life somehow,and taking revenge on harry,while fighting creepy looking subordnates of his,is what interested me in this,but like i said it back in the past.PLEASE hurry it up and go back to he present,so that i wont end this series.

thanks for the spoiler jack* ss
ne0_loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 17:44   Link #224
Mugen
Tha slick

Send a message via MSN to Mugen
Loved the series , anyways a kinda SPOILER so dont read on if you havent seen it all. I cant remember what exact episode it was because i watched the show quite a while ago, anyways on one of the episodes towards the end, Gungrave has to go up for best punch in anime history, - where he hits bunji n he does like a backflip . Anyways that was a kinda pointless comment but anyways this series was cool!
Old 2004-06-24, 17:57   Link #225
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I love the past arc most, actually I love the anime when the story is different from the game, only when it follows the game straight it becomes a bit boring ie.
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 13:41   Link #226
Antonik

This had been a very unique anime for me. It was very touching and emotional. You absolutely had to fall inlove with the main character "Brandon". Who was a silent character that didnt talk much, he didn't really express his emotions while he was alive. That made the viewer such as myself feel it for him. Thus the story was very strong.
I agree that the past arc was the most interesting as we really got to know our characters, but the "Beyond The Grave" arc was still powerful, especially toward the very end.

Whoever gets a chance to see this, i highly recommend it, Its one of the best animes out there at the moment.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:37   Link #227
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Review of first DVD on AnimeonDVD

GOGOOGOGOGOGOOGOOGOGOOG FARKING DTS TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DTS DTS DTS DTS DTS DTS DTSS!!!!!!!!!!!

It also has a DD 5.1 track for all you LAME asses with no DTS reciever :P
Old 2004-07-07, 11:54   Link #228
Schwarzwald
Tanjuu Oserotto

I picked up the first DVD...(slight SPOILERS)
In some places it's good, the story is interesting but...
No real defining tracks like the ones Trigun had...
Action sequences will involve glass explodin demons with tiny wings? Uggh...
Acting is so-so(sub and dub)...
They cheap out on the backgrounds in every episode...
Schwarzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 10:45   Link #229
Hobbes

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Gungrave: Beyond the Grave

So I was on IGN just messing around and looking stuff up on games and I came across this newly released DVD. I was wondering, does anyone know if it is good or if someone could personally recommend it? Thanks.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/529/529460p1.html
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:21   Link #230
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

the Gungrave anime is good... the whole part of the show where they deal with the past is very good imo... the monster battles are no where as good as how they tell the story.... very good directing imo... the animation is so-so... read the first few pages of this thread to see more comments...
Old 2004-07-13, 15:58   Link #231
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
the whole part of the show where they deal with the past is very good imo... the monster battles are no where as good as how they tell the story
I agree....the realistic type past was the my favorite part...as soon as they introduced the monsters/grave/etc etc i thought it went a bit downhill...but still one of the better anime's i've seen

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"®

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 19:11   Link #232
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Just finished the show, and I can't possibly say anything else than that I absolutely LOVE this anime. Everything is brilliant, the ending were very sad and yet one of the better endings I've seen(err, dont come and say it didn't ended like I think it did ). It will definitive end up in my top5 list... I love it.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 18:49   Link #233
wakkachubaca

I've only seen this up to episode 13, and since I have no skills at searching for, oh, anything (I looked for a game system that was on the floor of my room for 2 hours...), does anyone know what the ending theme is called? I just love the music, and I wanted to do a little search to see what little I could find. I already know the op is Family, with my basic kana knowledge, but...that's about it.
wakkachubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 19:22   Link #234
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The ending theme for Gungrave is one of the best ending theme songs I've heard for an anime... the title of the track is "When the Sunset turns Red" by Scoobie Do (or something like that)...
Old 2004-08-04, 22:27   Link #235
wakkachubaca

Indeed, it is one of the best I've ever heard. I just like that style, the feeling, the...slight reminiscence of a sleazy lounge song. Don't know why it reminds me, but it does...I also like the smooth transition between show and theme animation, just that initial reel spin and violin thang...I was actually thinking of the Japanese title, because it's much easier to find when you don't need to go by the translation. Reading page after page of angsty poetry ain't my thing....At any rate, thank you for the fast reply. I really wasn't expecting an answer so soon.
"You cannot see the true garden.", says the penguin in its glee..."For your head is in the pumpkin of loathing." She screams in futility.
Can she see the lighting dawn? No, she is blind like the sea. PROMETHEUS!
The hydra screams of wars past. Her mind collapses like a flan in a cupboard. Of despair.
She gazes into the clouds and wonders...Wonders where the bitterness of life does go. And eats her pudding of sadness and mango. The mangoes of a heartless soul.
Lust. Obsession. Passion. Madness. Pleasure. Hatred.
PIPE. A new fragrance from Calvin Klein
. SCENT IS DRIVE.
Old 2004-08-04, 22:31   Link #236
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The title of the track is "Akaneiro ga Moeru Toki".... the full version of the track is available on the single for it or on the Lefthead Gungrave OST...

The violin with the guitars is what does it for me... the vocals go well with that track too... it's unfortunate that I have no idea what they are saying... haha...
Old 2004-08-04, 22:45   Link #237
wakkachubaca

Thanks again! I'm kind of surprised at the speed again, but I suppose that there can always be someone out of the billions o' people that are just as bored as me at the same time, and heppen to pick the same way to pass it...Or maybe you were just passing by.
I found this little site with lyrics and translations for a number of anime songs, and some games, and some j-pop. Animelyrics.com, if you're interested. I go there if I want to learn the words or find out what something means. I only know a few lines, because I'm rather slow to learn, but the song's been stuck in my head for a month, so I'd really rather learn all of it, if at least to stop hearing JUST the first line, over and over and over...o_O
"You cannot see the true garden.", says the penguin in its glee..."For your head is in the pumpkin of loathing." She screams in futility.
Can she see the lighting dawn? No, she is blind like the sea. PROMETHEUS!
The hydra screams of wars past. Her mind collapses like a flan in a cupboard. Of despair.
She gazes into the clouds and wonders...Wonders where the bitterness of life does go. And eats her pudding of sadness and mango. The mangoes of a heartless soul.
Lust. Obsession. Passion. Madness. Pleasure. Hatred.
PIPE. A new fragrance from Calvin Klein
. SCENT IS DRIVE.
Old 2004-08-18, 23:51   Link #238
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

this series was a really unique splice between godfather/mafia theme and resident evil shoot-em-all kind of deal. Well i would recommend it to just about everyone.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 05:13   Link #239
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Gungrave Over Dose OVA

Has anyone checked out that GunGrave Over Dose ova based on the PS2 game that was released recently? ... it has a cel-shaded look to the characters and it looks like a game imo...

I was planning not playing the game so I watched this ova... not sure what to say about it... it was like watching all the in-game movies/ending from the game with subtitles without having to play the game... though, some of the scenes didn't cut to the next one smoothly... or one scene would be depicting something then the next scene was in a completely diffrent situation... plus I didn't who half the characters were... so it was kinda confusing to follow...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-21, 05:58   Link #240
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Has anyone checked out that GunGrave Over Dose ova based on the PS2 game that was released recently? ... it has a cel-shaded look to the characters and it looks like a game imo...

I was planning not playing the game so I watched this ova... not sure what to say about it... it was like watching all the in-game movies/ending from the game with subtitles without having to play the game... though, some of the scenes didn't cut to the next one smoothly... or one scene would be depicting something then the next scene was in a completely diffrent situation... plus I didn't who half the characters were... so it was kinda confusing to follow...
Spoiler:
I saw it. But I don't really like it because basically it's kinda pushing the plot.
Spoiler:

Tags
action, crime, drama, science fiction