AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-06, 07:43   Link #21
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

heh RENTING anime, that would be nice.... *refuses to believe such a thing can exist*
Old 2004-05-06, 11:18   Link #22
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayianianian
You can ussually find at least a few movies at the places here in Maryland.

Mainly you'll see:

Akira
Ghibli Studios movies
Fatal Fury movies
random Ranma 1/2 eppisodes
Pokemon stuff
Cowboybebop
Street fighter movie....

and then there are random things like an OVA of slayers or something...
I live in maryland and I can find newer (although I'm not sure specifically which titles you are looking for) in suncoast. They suck but they do have a good amount of anime titles.
Old 2004-05-06, 17:19   Link #23
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
I live in maryland and I can find newer (although I'm not sure specifically which titles you are looking for) in suncoast. They suck but they do have a good amount of anime titles.
I love Suncoast, it's where i've bought all my DVDs. It's a 45 min drive from where i live to the nearest one and gas is getting ridiculous tho. The selection was pretty decent considering they're in a mall and it was alphabetized (the only section i might add ).

Happy Halloween!!!
Old 2004-05-06, 17:52   Link #24
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey
heh RENTING anime, that would be nice.... *refuses to believe such a thing can exist*
blockbusters rents out anime so does hollywood video and some of our local comic book stores rents out newly released animes all on dvd! (all of these video stores are located in the US) Suncoast is a bit expensive but I do go there and buy some anime. I found going to Best Buy is a little bit cheaper.
Old 2004-05-13, 23:41   Link #25
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
my anime store that i work at rents everything from anime to hentai
Old 2004-05-13, 23:55   Link #26
cdpinoyx01

Hmm... the bay area sounds great for renting anime compared to where you guys live ^^....

The blockbuster near me has an half an aisle for anime... good selection too
No hentai.. thats a good thing e.e;;.... blockbuster doesn't rent out movies like that.
Old 2004-05-14, 00:42   Link #27
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Back when I was at Carnegie Mellon University (in Pittsburgh), there was this awesome independant video store with a WALL full of anime on VHS... Most of the anime I watched back then I rented, incliuding Slayers (all 3 seasons), NGE, Escaflowne, TWHE... they had a ton of stuff and you could rent them $2.5 per tape per day. 'Course now I live in CA... but I have animesuki and a DVD player instead.
The store had the most insane organization ever, and was probably a converted independant book store, complete with sliding ladders and tapes covering the walls up to the ceiling. They had ANYTHING you could think of... BBS Dr. Who tapes, silent films, all kinds of truly weird stuff. And the owner was this crazy lady... good times, good times.
Old 2004-05-14, 23:42   Link #28
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Well my local Suncoast sells lots of anime, most of them being shows, and the game stores sell used anime as well. Don't know about rentals, I rarely seen any at Blockbuster and I never checked VideoCraze or Hollywood Video.
Old 2004-05-16, 09:43   Link #29
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Moo dameee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Rows and rows of hentai, Dozens of hentai VHS tapes of hentai's such as Onegeki Clinic [ SP? ], There were others to.. but I forget their name. Didn't stare at them as long as Clinic. >_>;

Anyways, does anyone else have this problem with their LFS? I mean, I find it rather obsurd that they have all this hentai, but not a single anime title for rent.
Etoh says:
Not surprised...the owner probably was trying to make a quick buck. Strange tho.

Remember, otaku, keep your anime nice and clean. Don't go watching naughty things.

Last edited by cercia_highelf; 2004-05-16 at 09:55.
Old 2004-05-16, 10:51   Link #30
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Well, here in my culturally retarded corner of England I was impressed to see Cowboy Bebop to rent in my local video store. In fact, the place seems to have been taken over by a couple of movie enthusiasts. Movie enthusiasm and the running of a video rental store don't seem to go hand in hand, so I welcome this exception - there's actually some world cinema on offer now.

It's a little baffling, however, I doubt if anyone else around here rents out that stuff except me.

SCC
Old 2004-05-16, 10:55   Link #31
Ending

Here, in Finland, there is no reasonable way to get anime -and hentai is even unheard of. Oh, well; good thing I can download it from net -some at least.
Closed Thread