AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-14, 19:11   Link #1
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Unhappy Which anime damaged your soul?

What have you watched that left you feeling hollow and empty afterwards?

Me, it wasn't an anime, it was AMV Hell 0. That was not the best thing to watch if you'd barely seen hentai before.

A runner up was Saikano.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:28   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien left me in a depressed state for several days, and is the only anime I wish I could purge from my memory... Wait, strike that. After watching the 8th episode of Legend of Condor Hero I promptly deleted the anime from my hard drive and was filled with the greatest desire to beat the anime into little pieces and shat on them.

Figure 17 left me feeling very depressed, but not in such a negative way as KgNE.

Koi Kaze left me feeling vaguely ill...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:33   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the ending of air and mahoromatic made me very very mad for a few days. i dont like emo anime producers now.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:36   Link #4
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Gundam SEED Destiny. 'nuff said. >.>
Old 2006-03-14, 19:40   Link #5
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Shinataka or whatever that old one was called left me very afraid of myself for the better part of a yhear.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:41   Link #6
LytHka
Banned

Damaged my soul? Didn't left me empty, but damaged it pretty good, more like twisted it and spit out the anime fan I am today - Onegai★Teacher
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 19:48   Link #7
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

I wouldn't call it "damaging," but it did indeed leave a special place in my soul.

"Dog of Flanders," Nippon Animation's World Masterpiece Theater anime series.

Of course, I wasn't born when it aired, but seeing it on a re-run when I was five, this anime tore me apart. The last episode was very saddening - to see such a nice young lad around my age to end up "going to see his grandpa" from cold and hunger. Nero and Patrash....oh, this anime is just so powerful!!

Some company should definitely do these World Masterpiece Theater series. They can be entertaining, thought-provoking, and educate a child to a world of international literature....in anime form.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 02:40   Link #8
wao
OK.

Hm...

I'll admit to feeling extremely, extremely depressed after hearing about the ending of Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OVA.. I'm very attached to the tv series (except the last season, which, I maintain, is a bastard child of stupid producers and I refuse to acknowledge it! Poo.), it was the first anime I watched with the awareness that it was anime and it had a lot of influence on me. (yeah yeah...) I was about 13 when I heard about it, and I really went to sleep crying. Yeah.

Another anime that left me feeling like a chunk of my soul was taken out was Jin-Roh. I felt so empty for a while after watching it. It's not like the ending was unexpected, but I was hoping so much for a good ending anyway, and yet... I didn't expect it to be so cruel. Especially the way
Spoiler:

Err... what else is there. Perhaps the middle-part of Planetes, but because I was marathoning it it didn't feel so bad at the end.

I know there's some others I'm missing for now...
Old 2006-03-15, 02:59   Link #9
kujoe
from head to heel

I wouldn't really say "damaging," since a lot of anime that I find powerful, beautiful and sad are the ones that leave a mark on me. They never left me with that empty and hollow feeling.

Although there was one anime in particular. Um, End of Evangelion? I didn't know what to expect really, but after seeing it, I was sure that my brain flatlined at some point. And I watched it through a very bad vhs copy during that time. All I had was this, "well, ok..?" empty feeling gnawing inside of me. This reminds me, that maybe I should watch it again after all these years have already passed by.

@wao: Totally agree about Jin-Roh. Amazing, powerful stuff.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 03:11   Link #10
Spuffy
オウカ~

I would say Narutaru. That one leaved marks that took a while to disappear. It's one of very few shows that were actually quite disturbing. It wasn't very grahic, and there wasn't really any gore, but the stylized way it was shown leaved very much for your own imagination. And it was just plain disturbing to what kids with power could turn into. Sad thing it stopped halfway through the comics.
Old 2006-03-15, 03:29   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

KGNE - Left me in a maze...I couldn't eat or sleep for hours...The ending just murders you from the inside if you don't accept it...I haven't felt as sick about people in real life as i felt following the final 2 eps of this thing...

GSD -obviously if you know anything about me, you know that series left me with the most bitter taste I've ever experienced in my life (in regards to anime)...If the original ep 50 wasn't bad enuff, they remade the episode and made it even worse and more intolerable...

Shuffle - Originally gave up on this anime because it was pretty static and boring (gave up at like ep 13), then people were like watch the "Kaede arc", so i did and yes i agree with most that they betrayed her character, but it was more than that, it was as if the writers were trying to make me feel like an idiot (Accepting ridiculous plot device after plot device), and by the final ep all I wanted was someone to die...It's very seldomly i am ever angered by watching an anime, but after watching this one I just stewed and stewed thinking why the hell did I finish watching this thing...My soul was harmed by Shuffle...

Paranoia Agent - Unlike the other animes, this actually damaged my soul but really not in a bad way... when you find out the apex of this rather complex series centers around

Spoiler for for key to the series:

then the final scene with the guy writing in chalk just rapes what's ever left of your soul...There are individiual episodes aswell like "The Suicide buddies" ep that make you question your sanity...Til this day I still have no clue why that ep ends with a condom dispencer as the final thing we see O.o;;;...Overall though I still consider this series to be well worth the watch...

Next-to-last episode of School Rumble- I can't be the only one whose eyes nearly fell outta my head when I saw that ep...The writers must have had fun fooling the audience with that....
Old 2006-03-15, 03:46   Link #12
neoko

Ah my goddess OVA - the show that got me into anime, left me empty for about 2-3 months after it finished.

It was so desperate for more, i went and read fanfics!

After a long time, i found the manga, so i was happy again.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 04:30   Link #13
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Tenchi in Tokyo left me feeling more or less suicidal, it was that bad. I think that's pretty much the only series I've watched that was so godawfully horrible. I've watched a few bad series that left me feeling empty, but none compare to the hideousness that was TiT (that abbreviation just made me laugh, totally unintentional I assure you).
Old 2006-03-15, 05:31   Link #14
lavielove

For me, that's gonna be wolf's rain.They all tried to escape from the bad fate and even none of them remained alive in the end.Not even one.The character development in Wolf-Rain is so damn good in away that left me empty and hate the series in the end.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 05:46   Link #15
Grees
Ehhh

Love Hina, I loved that show so much that the ending just hurts.

Full Metal Alchemist too, the show wasn't real special to me, but I though the ending was sad and very unfar considering all the episodes before it. Never want to see it again.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5038/greesart2ct.jpg
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 06:00   Link #16
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Kite or what i saw of it....

Perfect Blue i still dont get it but, it was really .... yeah .....
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 06:40   Link #17
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Elfen Lied had me pretty depressed for a few days. Lucy had an awful life. The puppy scene was just freaking screwed up.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 06:41   Link #18
JokerD

In terms of damage, KGNE did the most. I was depressed for days afterwards. It actually took me a few days to bounce back, which was actually quite amazing concidering my usually cheerful self.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 07:53   Link #19
Mandrake

I had to punch myself through 2 harem anime's to get elven lied out of my head :P
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 08:18   Link #20
Ilpalazzo-sama

Eva. Superb anime, but the last two episodes sucked. Badly. Very, very baaaadly. Fortunatelly, End of Eva corrected this "little" mistake, and Eva got the ending it deserved. I just try to pretend the original ending does not exist at all

KGNE. Even though I liked the ending, it still left me so depressed for a while. Still, probably my #1 drama anime.

Akane Maniax (Aka KGNE:Gaiden). I've needed a lot of patience to watch thru this ****, and I only did because it has to do something with KGNE. But, this should have never been made. One of the worst animes I've seen so far.

Love Hina. The endin...waitaminute, it does not have an ending at all. I'm glad I've found the OVA with the ending after watching thru the series.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote