AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Are Chouji and Neji dead?
Yes, I think so. 9 7.56%
Only Chouji is dead 38 31.93%
Only Neji is dead 5 4.20%
Both of them will live! 56 47.06%
I have no idea. 11 9.24%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-05-07, 22:27   Link #21
Eshu
Junior Ninja

Chouji.... may be dead. He took the pill that was supposed to kill him. Then again, he's also the 'tough' guy, so maybe he could take it. Either way he'll have a ton of weight to put back on.

Neji...grrr, they had to have him fall face down. The easiest way to have seen if he was dead or not was to check the curse seal on his forehead, or at least seen if the Byakugan was burned out of his eyes or whatever the seal does. Neji Seems like he's the most likely to be alive though.

Both of them have had a good bit of plot, both of them seemed to be dead, and both of them are loved and (kinda) important so they might be alive. This may be what spurs the Leaf kids to hunt down Oro, it might be good luck...hey The sand trio might have been right behind them when Sasuke was kidnapped and had been saveing Neji and Chouji up to this point.
Old 2004-05-07, 22:38   Link #22
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
well if I had to choose anyone to die I think it would be neji...never really liked his character to much and his story is pretty much over. While choji is just starting, before he was just kinda a fat lazy background character that was just kinda there to be usless and get laughs, but after that fight and all the things with Shika we got to see a better side of him and it made me really like him as a character. I think he still has the most potential for a better story out of the 2.

and that butterfly chakra wing thing was one of the coolest things ever in naruto.
Old 2004-05-08, 00:10   Link #23
CrispyBC

They both live,

Shizune, Ino, Hinata and Tenten will rock up and heal them, jiraiya will also be with them but he'll go on to find naruto.
CrispyBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 00:18   Link #24
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
well if I had to choose anyone to die I think it would be neji...never really liked his character to much and his story is pretty much over. While choji is just starting, before he was just kinda a fat lazy background character that was just kinda there to be usless and get laughs, but after that fight and all the things with Shika we got to see a better side of him and it made me really like him as a character. I think he still has the most potential for a better story out of the 2.

and that butterfly chakra wing thing was one of the coolest things ever in naruto.
I dont' think they explored his character enough considering how he just went through the phase where he realizes that the "loser can come out on top" with Naruto.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 00:27   Link #25
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Chouji cant really be "healed", its pretty much poison still in his stomache. If he is going to live though, my guess is he'd have to throw up whats left of the red pill, and then eat something, because by burning all that fat so instantly, his body had to be SERIOUSLY fucked up. Chances are if he does survive, he'll be out of action for an extremely long while, but he'll be there as moral support for shika, just like sakura, except chouji doesnt suck.

Neji.. Unless someone arrived extremely quickly to heal him/get him back to konoha, hes a goner. Two giant holes in his body - whether they're critical hits or not, will pretty much garentee he'll bleed to death. Only naruto and tsunade would be able to survive those kinds of hits, because they both have incredible healing powers.

I voted they both died, just because they faught extremely well, and really went out with a bang. If they did survive, it would be cool, but..
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 00:33   Link #26
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Neji.. Unless someone arrived extremely quickly to heal him/get him back to konoha, hes a goner. Two giant holes in his body - whether they're critical hits or not, will pretty much garentee he'll bleed to death. Only naruto and tsunade would be able to survive those kinds of hits, because they both have incredible healing powers.
I agree....those holes were so big that someone would of had to show up right away to save him. He was already pretty warn out and out of chakra at the end of that fight.....but if he live it wont be all that surprising cuz it is anime and things like bleeding to death don't always come into play.
Old 2004-05-08, 02:02   Link #27
xyrrus

I dunno, just a hunch but I'm guessing Chouji gets saved by Ino, Neji gets saved by tenten and I'll put a little wager that Hinata shows up to back up Naruto... We know that Shino is out on mission with his father, and Sakura is crying her pretty eyes out... that leaves Ino, tenten and Hinata free and I don't think anything was mentioned about them... and it just so happens that ino is chouji's teammate and tenten is nejis teammate... and Hinata is well, a Naruto stalker.
And so in the end, everyone gets partnered up:
Chougi-Ino
Neji-tenten
Kiba-Kankuro
Shika-Temari
Rock-Gaara
Naruto-Hinata
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:02   Link #28
Sethi
StormRider

I vote on Chouji being dead.
When Chouji was taking the last pill he said it himself that the pill would definitely kill him, Shikamaru also says that if he takes all the pills he will die and not only that but the last pill gave him 100 times more power. Chouji has to die from something like that, otherwise it will make all those facts just stupid and a pill that gives 100 times more power has to kill the user otherwise it would be extremely lame, not to mention it would benefit the story and develop even further the personality of the genins to have one of their friends to die in a mission.
The reason i think Neji will not die is because it was never implied by anyone other than Kidoumaru that he would die, also the simbol on his forehead didn't faded and to finalize i think that Kishimoto will not kill 2 important side characters in this same mission, 1 character dead will give the story a more realistic feeling but it will also give some pissed off fans, 2 characters dead is too much realism and a lot of pissed off fans because Neji is amongst the favorites characters.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:09   Link #29
Final

I'm just wondering what they're going to do about the three man teams if they are or if sasuke makes his great escape. Shika is already out of the picture unless they demote him for getting his team so mangled up.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:49   Link #30
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final
I'm just wondering what they're going to do about the three man teams if they are or if sasuke makes his great escape. Shika is already out of the picture unless they demote him for getting his team so mangled up.
Well if Chouji dies, the only genin from their team will be Ino, since Shika is now a Chunnin, and if Sasuke escapes then there's a open spot in Team 7, most probably team 7 will be Ino/Sakura/Naruto, well if that's the case i almost feel sorry for Naruto with those 2 on his team.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:52   Link #31
Dorfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Well if Chouji dies, the only genin from their team will be Ino, since Shika is now a Chunnin, and if Sasuke escapes then there's a open spot in Team 7, most probably team 7 will be Ino/Sakura/Naruto, well if that's the case i almost feel sorry for Naruto with those 2 on his team.
At that rate he might just run away too.
Old 2004-05-08, 10:27   Link #32
xyrrus

You can't take what they say too seriously... Gai and Kakashi also said Rock would die if he open the celestial gates and over exert himself if he did but he didn't. The doctors said he could NEVER live a life a ninja anymore yet they found a way... so just cuz chouji says he'd die, I don't think he will cuz this anime says a lot of things and end up doing the opposite. It's a good thing he took the red pill... now he can be freed from the matrix and finally learn to actually be useful after learning kung fu.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 11:20   Link #33
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
He didn't open all 8 gates, so he didn't die.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 11:32   Link #34
Makyz

Send a message via AIM to Makyz
Quote:
I dunno, just a hunch but I'm guessing Chouji gets saved by Ino, Neji gets saved by tenten and I'll put a little wager that Hinata shows up to back up Naruto...
that would be pretty awesome, and Ino would see Choji skinny and she'll start liking him hehe.

Well I think Choji is alive even thought he took the red pill. Notice that he started to follow the rest, and passed out in exhaustion. If the pill was going to kill him after that large output of power, it would be instant face in dirt.

Neji had two holes in him, two LARGE holes- channeled the last of his chakra, he could muster, to kill the spider guy, and then fell on his face. I think he is dead, but people like him too much-so he will live.
Makyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 11:38   Link #35
Mizuno
Undefined

Realistically, both characters will die, but anime isn't realistic, so you get the idea.
Old 2004-05-08, 11:48   Link #36
Link

Send a message via AIM to Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Yeah...that one that Oro uses in the fight against the 3rd.

No, you can't do that. The third said that NO jutsu could revive the dead. Oro just summoned the previous Hokages in a temporary form...
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 12:47   Link #37
Freestyler

my guess is that the 3 sand nin saved them both
Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 13:00   Link #38
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler
my guess is that the 3 sand nin saved them both
How? By bringing them back to Konoha before catching up with the Naruto group? None of them are medics.
Old 2004-05-08, 13:49   Link #39
Unidentified

I don't think Neji is dead. First of all he just changed his attitude, second of all he hasn't even completed his "story", nothingi in the Hyuga has changed at all.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 14:17   Link #40
Zek
Eyebrows...

There's still Hinata to carry on the Hyuga arc if Neji dies. She'd be more interesting to see develop anyway since she doesn't already know all of her family's techniques...

As for the 3 man groups, Neji will probably be out of action for some time if he isn't dead, and Sakura doesn't seem to be in any condition to do anything, so maybe Naruto will group up with Lee and Tenten? Tenten is by far the least developed Genin; her one fight against Temari wasn't even shown in the manga. Personally though I doubt the 3 man groups are going to be prevalent anymore considering Konoha's state.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote