AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 10:20   Link #21
Grona
Big Damit!

Well looks like we have conformation on how homos are created
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-10, 10:36   Link #22
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtlDragon
I'm getting Sonchou's release, and will get Keep&ANBU's when they release it, for the collection. Because i can't wait to see the new episode.
yeah that's what I'm gonna do too, first wanted to wait for Keep/ANBU but I can't hehe
Old 2004-05-10, 12:15   Link #23
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Yay...

Spoiler for Wrath:

Spoiler for Envy:
Spoiler for Wrath:

Spoiler for Greed:
Old 2004-05-10, 12:23   Link #24
Phaint

Sigh, Incredible...

I really liked this series and I still do but god WHY do morons deviate from the manga? A good mangaka would make the story nice and perfect compared to the anime writers version. Trigun, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Love Hina, Kenshin's 3rd season etc. Instead of making their own crap they should have fucking waited a bit before starting the anime so they won't catch up to the manga that fast and I bet it would have been 10x better.

Now I have to go find the manga and read it because I want to know what fucking REALLY happened. Great. Fucking great.
Old 2004-05-10, 12:30   Link #25
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint
Instead of making their own crap they should have fucking waited a bit before starting the anime so they won't catch up to the manga that fast and I bet it would have been 10x better.
Maybe, but manga and anime have a limited shelf life in Japan. You don't create anime from manga that is over and done with. You create it from hot properties that are running now. There are two ways to go about it though, either stall, add filler and keep the pace slow (Naruto) or follow the manga up till a point and then make your own story (FMA). Those are really the only options.
Old 2004-05-10, 12:32   Link #26
threepac3
Life is Relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
Well looks like we have conformation on how homos are created
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Firstly:

Spoiler:

Secondly:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-10, 13:09   Link #27
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threepac3
Firstly:

Spoiler:

Secondly:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-10, 15:22   Link #28
tektonik
I can see that speed

Quote:
Spoiler:
uhhhh something did come back
Old 2004-05-10, 16:03   Link #29
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonik
uhhhh something did come back
rofl I ment right away, but I guess it makes sense
Old 2004-05-10, 16:05   Link #30
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Since Sonchou was out I got to see the episode. Some thoughts...

Okay, so Izumi created Wrath (since we now have a name for this kid). But what I don't understand is whether Ed created a homonculous or not. Of course the quick answer would be to say that it was Sloth. But we can't say that because Juliet Douglas (as Sloth's alias is) started the war in Ishbal, right? Which took place two years after the real man died, so it had to have been Sloth...so maybe Ed didn't create anyone, but rather helped Wrath out? It's very confusing...at least we know where Wrath comes from.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:07   Link #31
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Sigh, Incredible...

I really liked this series and I still do but god WHY do morons deviate from the manga? A good mangaka would make the story nice and perfect compared to the anime writers version. Trigun, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Love Hina, Kenshin's 3rd season etc. Instead of making their own crap they should have fucking waited a bit before starting the anime so they won't catch up to the manga that fast and I bet it would have been 10x better.

Now I have to go find the manga and read it because I want to know what fucking REALLY happened. Great. Fucking great.
Ugh there was a flame here... instead just so you know... FLAME!!! and ill leave it at that
I wasnt a big fan of the body transmutation... for the sonchou release
In any case this ep was great... I am glad that we are finaly getting some answers (unfortunatly also new questions) and am as always looking forward 2 next week
Old 2004-05-10, 16:14   Link #32
rorosama

Very informative episode. It does seem envy is the main bad homo now. I thought greed was a super badass but envy punked his ass. I think envy is the weakest most annoying homo. Seems lust is slowly fading out the main badguy limelight.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:33   Link #33
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
Spoiler:
That's what I'd like to know. Yebyosh said that Envy sealed Greed (the two probably mentioned this during their conversation), and since I find him credible when it comes to Japanese comprehension, I'm going to assume that's what happened.

Quote:
Pardon the randomnes of this.... So envy says there is in fact 7 sins now, and it seems Envy is older than sloth and lust. It seems like lust isnt the main bad sin, maybe she even works under envy 0.o
I don't like this development, either. In an alternative universe, Greed only respected Lust because of their abilities, and Envy is the one everyone punks around...which is consistent with his name. But now Envy is the boss and ring leader? Why the hell should he be envious, then?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akichan
But what I don't understand is whether Ed created a homonculous or not. Of course the quick answer would be to say that it was Sloth. But we can't say that because Juliet Douglas (as Sloth's alias is) started the war in Ishbal, right? Which took place two years after the real man died, so it had to have been Sloth...so maybe Ed didn't create anyone, but rather helped Wrath out? It's very confusing...at least we know where Wrath comes from.
I don't really care about that whole chronology deal. Envy said Sloth was the youngest of them all (before Wrath showed up), but we don't know what exactly "youngest" means. So for all we know, Juliet Douglas could've been the actual human culprit who started the Ishbal War and afterwards Sloth came by and took her persona.
Old 2004-05-10, 17:22   Link #34
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yay...

Spoiler for Wrath:
Agreed, if he turns up with anything less than the full quota of swords I will be extremely p***ed off...

Quote:
Spoiler for Sloth:
When I first saw Sloth doing her surfing I was a little surprised, something didn't seem right there. Then she's there in her business suit. Does make you realise just how crazy FMA is ...

Quote:
Spoiler for Envy:
Looks like Envy is the main villain of the 7, 'it' is certainly becoming nastier at each turn...and Ed still doesn't know about Hughes. I'm hoping this Greed/Envy plot doesn't interfere with 'he who shall not be named' doing his sword thing...

I really enjoyed this episode, the revelations didn't disapoint. I think Wrath is going to be tough baddie to beat. I suspect when we see why he's called Wrath it'll be spectacular. I'm glad Izumi didn't die, I was really fearing that would happen after the preview last week...

One last thing, what the hell is Archer up to?

Sonhex
Old 2004-05-10, 19:42   Link #35
tiramiisu

Quote:

I don't like this development, either. In an alternative universe, Greed only respected Lust because of their abilities, and Envy is the one everyone punks around...which is consistent with his name. But now Envy is the boss and ring leader? Why the hell should he be envious, then!?
well, people tend to be mean when they're jealous of other people.

Also, I think even though it appears that Envy's being the ultimate manipulator, I think "you know who" might actually be the leader of them, but that's just me and my very vague speculation.
Old 2004-05-10, 19:44   Link #36
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
This is a super A+ grade episode! *big thumbs up*

I think the scene where envy punked Greed was fricken hillarious. And I do agree that the more answers that are given, the more questions they spawn.
Old 2004-05-10, 20:08   Link #37
Lavender

This ep was very informative, and many of us can already conclude lots of answers from this ep~Such as
Spoiler:

But here's a thought nobody mentioned yet and I think it is quite significant:
Spoiler:

Give me your thoughts plz^^~

and last but not least....LOVE FMA>o<
Old 2004-05-10, 20:16   Link #38
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Sigh, Incredible...

I just want to add that the mangaka plans to have FMA running for 20+ years. There is NO WAY anyone would wait 20 years to start on an anime. And no way most of the readership will stay way into their thirties and fourties.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Old 2004-05-10, 20:44   Link #39
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Maybe, but manga and anime have a limited shelf life in Japan. You don't create anime from manga that is over and done with. You create it from hot properties that are running now. There are two ways to go about it though, either stall, add filler and keep the pace slow (Naruto) or follow the manga up till a point and then make your own story (FMA). Those are really the only options.
Look at animes like One Piece,Naruto,etc. The anime creators actually waited a bit before starting the anime and create some filler episodes here and there and a filler arc if need be BUT still stick to the main story that was in the manga.

The ones that try and cash in the money too fast and start the series very early like FMA are forced to go and make their own story, but of course the story is NEVER as good as the original manga one. Pretty soon you will start seeing plot holes and things that generally don't make sense. People have already said the whole thing about Envy being the youngest yet now Wrath seems to be.
Old 2004-05-10, 20:48   Link #40
Joe Dalton

phaint... do you have some inner desire 2 get flamed?
Closed Thread