AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-05-14, 23:41   Link #21
Ichiru

Yes, I personally think that Azuma Kiyohiko is my favorite mangaka at the moment. I have yet to read Yotsubato!, but I've heard good things from it. I own all 4 of the Azumanga Daioh mangas and the 1st dvd that is out. I think starting on the 2nd or 3rd book up, they start to give translator notes to clear up any jokes and other information in the Japanese version that would seem meaningless to people in the United States.
Ichiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 23:56   Link #22
SlugZilla
woofles

Fujishima Kousuke - Aa Megamisama
Egawa Tatsuya - Golden Boy, Majikal Taruruuto
Inoue Takehiko - Slam Dunk
Araki Hirohiko - JoJo
Sonoda Kenichi - Gun Smith Cats
Morishita Hiromi - Shounen Ashibe
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 12:26   Link #23
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Naoki Urasawa, no doubt about it. He is able to keep me captivated for hours reading 20th Century Boys and Monster. I especially like the way he maps out his story, full of twists and surprises without being too "ridiculous".
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 23:56   Link #24
hanamichi

Hirohiko Araki (Jojo, Steel Ball Run, Baoh)
hanamichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 01:49   Link #25
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Takahashi Rumiko - So many classics, who can say no? Her latest work Inuyasha is really good (manga-wise) and features less dysfunctional characters.

Fujishima Kyosuke - I have been following Aa Megami-sama for years and I really like his character designs for other anime and video games (Sakura Taisen, etc). Story-wise, I wished he would move Keichii and Belldandy's relationship past the holding-hands stage.

Naoki Urasawa - I just recently discovered this great mangaka with 20th Century Boys and Monster. I'm asking around here in Singapore to see whether Happy! was ever translated/published by any Chinese comic company (Tong Li, etc)

Mitsuru Adachi - Touch, Miyuki, H2 and more recently Katsu!. He has some older series that I am also searching for. It was more of Katsu that lead me back to grabbing my elder brother's H2 stuff, then later Touch and Miyuki. All I can say is that he does provide a bit of fanservice for the reader... *coughs*

Nobuhiro Watsuki - Rurouni Kenshin. Nuff Said.

For nostalgia, it was Doraemon that started off me reading manga - even before I knew that they came from Japan. Of course, the actual series has changed artists and writers so many times that it is quite hard to say which writer/artist was the best...

Special Note: A special mention for Ken Akamatsu for creating Aoyama Motoko, a character who actually outshines the main character! A sign of bad planning, but what can I say, I like sword-wielding girls...

Last edited by pyu; 2004-05-16 at 02:00. Reason: added LH's creator..
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 06:04   Link #26
R.S

Send a message via Yahoo to R.S
hanakimi - w julite

R.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 19:46   Link #27
Spyre
"Soon"

Rumiko Takahashi is probably my favorite. Next would be Mitsuru Adachi.

Both keep producing quality manga year after year.
Old 2004-05-18, 08:43   Link #28
Akageno
tomoshibi

Send a message via ICQ to Akageno Send a message via Yahoo to Akageno
Buichi Torasava - Space adventures of Cobra
Akageno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 23:29   Link #29
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

i love :

Tachikawa Megumi who drew some of my favourite shoujo series such as cyber idol mink, dream saga and st tail

Takanashi Mitsuba is the mangaka of akuma de sourou, it's excellent because it is soooo different and i just love her style

Takasuka Yue the art is just sooo adorable, i love Kurahashi Erika because of that too!!!

yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 03:26   Link #30
BOZZY

There's so many manga that's available these days that it's hard to really say which is the best...

I personally love Urusawa's works (Pluto , 20th Century Boys, Happy, Monster) for their suspesne-filled characters and amazing story-telling...

Osamu Tezuka is definetly up there for pretty much making manga and anime... His stories are generally good (at least to me) even if they are old... I most recently read Adolf and really enjoyed it...

Miura Kentaro - I love Berserk... One of few mangas I've read that mix in really cool fighting and art with an amazing story... same can be said for Oh Great's Tenjou Tenge series, at first I hated it with a passion with the excessive fan service but I've gotten to love it just as much as Berserk and other mangas if not more so now than ever before

Aside from the four mentioned above I also really like: GO NAGAI!!! (His contribution to mecha genre is well awesome!!), Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima), Fujisawa Tohru (GTO, Shonen Junai Gummi), Kawashita Mizuki (Ichigo 100%), Kazurou Inoue (Midori no Hibi, his omake with the God of Manga are jokes!), Takashi Hashiguchi (Yakitate Japan), Eichiro Oda (One Piece), Azuma Kiyohiko (Azumanga Daioh, and his new series, Yatsubato!) Kishimoto Masashi (Naruto), Katsura Masakazu (DNA Squared, I"s, ZETMAN), Sugisaki Yukiru (Rizelmine, DN Angel), and Inoue Takehiko (Slam Dunk, Vagabond).
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:09   Link #31
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
i taught F.M.A's author was arakawa hiromu

oh...sory
my mistake

his hiroaki...sory..gomene

Last edited by Angela Sanctisstessa; 2004-05-21 at 09:44.
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:15   Link #32
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
my favourite mangaka....hmmmm...

nobuyuki anzai-flame of recca , MAR
arakawa hiromu- Full metal alchemist
takahashi rumiko- inuyasha and ranma 1/2 (i haven seen others yet)
CLAMP-CCS, angelic layer, chobits (i haven read XXXholic..not available in m'sia-malacca yet wat is it about?)
ragnarok- lee myung jin( i dun like his eyes of his characters..too simple..others above par)
RAVE- majima hiro
gosho aoyama-meitantei conan
goshhh iluv tonnes of comics..juz lazy to post them all up...
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:47   Link #33
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
WEll, humm........
Chobits, .Hack, Love Hina, Ah My Goddess, DNAngle is ok too, Negima
so
its
CLAMP (only Chobits, and Card Captor Sakura)
KEN AKAMATSU (Love Hina, A.I. Love You, Negima)
Kousuke Fujishima (Oh My Goddess)
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 03:42   Link #34
petr

Akira Toriyama and Iou Kuroda.
petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 23:02   Link #35
ichigo-chan
sexy jap [im chinz]

Send a message via AIM to ichigo-chan Send a message via MSN to ichigo-chan
well muh fav manga ish rurouni kenshin i got all da manga bookz buh itz in chinese [so itz cheap] all 28 comic bookz . ~ . buh muh fav anime ish kenshin, fma, n naruto! . ~ . i also thing dat english published comic , marmalade boy ish dun really really nicely n i haf 1-8!

cum lookie at muh artwork . ~ . http://www.kiwimasta63.deviatart.com/
ichigo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 05:47   Link #36
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

maybe it is nobuyuki anzai....
Old 2004-06-13, 20:48   Link #37
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Oh my, I read so many series, I really don't know all their names

First off, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto for his great work - Manga Asuka really looks a great deal better than anime Asuka!
Then, Ken Akamatsu's mangas are also very pleasing to the eyes.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Masakazu Katsura yet - how can that be!? He surely is very talented as well.
Of course, multi-talent Rumiko Takahasi also deserves a notion.
Next up, Arina Tanemura has also put out some really nice works.
I also really like the mangaka of the Chrno Crusade manga, Daisuke Moriyama.
Then, also the mangaka of Yakitate Japan should be mentioned, Tsukino-chan is just too adorable!

That's all that comes to mind right now...
Old 2004-06-14, 15:33   Link #38
FallenAngelLilith
Forbidden Desire

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngelLilith
Clamp only because of their style and it is the only name I actually can remember. Bad with names. I just find their style very cute yet some how not so cute (to make you puke). I like their work alot expecially Clover being my favorite. I read some of their stuff once and awhile and enjoy it.

^^
Old 2004-06-17, 12:22   Link #39
Tatsuki
read, draw and eat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaruto
Nobohiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin), Kishimoto Masashi (Naruto), Arakawa Hiroaki (Full Metal Alchemist) and of course Eiichiro Oda (One Piece). Those are my favorite animes and mangas.
gyahhhhh!!! all these you quote are really great
i think Kubotite (bleach) is worth reading too... anyone agree?
Tatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 13:05   Link #40
Silent Otaku

Go Nagi- Devilman, Cutey Honey, Devilman Lady. Probably the Pioneer of the Manga/ANime Anti- hero. His heros always have issues.

O Gurieto (Oh Great , *watch someone tag me on misspelling)- Tenge Tenjo, Majin -devil, air Gear. His female creations are stunning. His action sequences are Detailed. Oh Great definitely does major research on anything he draws and trys to be as realistic as possible, with some magic added in. Not to mention OG knows how to dress characters, should have been a fashion designer.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote