AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2015-02-18, 23:59   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 777 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

My, what a lucky number we have for a chapter this week! Anyways, first summary is out, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Zoro vs. Pica". Splash story has Wadatsumi apologizing for the trouble he caused, and the cat-fish is reunited with his family.

-After being hit by Kyros' attack, Diamante hits his head on Scarlet's grave, and is KO'd for good. Robin has Rebecca reunite with her father, but Rebecca is unaware that Robin's back got injured when she shielded her from Diamante's rain attack last chapter. Meanwhile, Viola reports to her father about the current situation. The only major enemies left standing are Pica, Trebol, Bellamy, and of course, Doflamingo himself. After hearing the report, Riku goes off to the town with Tank (his soldier, remember) to lend their support somehow, and the citizens, feeling guilty for attacking the Straw-Hats earlier, follow them. Fujitora also sends some marines to the town to help protect the citizens.

-Back at Scarlet's grave, Pica suddenly appears, attacking both Kyros and Rebecca. He then comments that Diamante was pathetic, and asks both father and daughter on their opinion of king Riku. Obviously, Kyros thinks highly of the man who saved his life, and Pica disappears, apparently satisfied with the answer. Meanwhile, a frustrated Zoro is searching for the executive, who had fled from him again. Incidentally, Pica DOES reappear near Zoro..... for the purpose of attacking the wounded gladiators who fought the executives. He even attacks Baby-5 for her betrayal, but Sai pushes her aside, getting crushed in her stead. Zoro is clearly displeased by Pica's cowardly tactics of kicking opponents while they're down. He tries to help the wounded fighters, but Pica attacks him, and taunts him, telling him that not just the ex-king, but allies like the samurai and God Usopp are at the plateau, as well. He then creates a giant golem and heads to the plateau, intending to wipe out the pests who want to topple who he considers the "true" king, Doflamingo....

-It's at this point that Zoro finally realized Pica's plan: The exec drove him so far away from the plateau that he wouldn't be able to catch up in time when he set off to kill the king and his comrades! And thus, Zoro must now consider his options..... as quoted from Aohige:

Quote:
Zoro has to think fast....
Plan 1: Shoot a sword slash at him. - No good, it's too far to reach Pica with full impact
Plan 2: Jump on the giant and slice him. - There's no way he can catch up.
Plan 3: Shout at the top of his lungs and warn Usopp - There's no way he can hear me.
Plan 4: Use the Dendenmushi.... which I don't have. Nope.

Plan 5: Fly through the air and cut him. Yeah. Let's go with this one!

Funny how there wasn't much actual fighting between Zoro and Pica despite the chapter title, heh. Well, at least the fight won't be finished in a single chapter, though. I also find it highly amusing that Scarlet basically got her revenge on Diamante from beyond the grave, yet her daughter was totally helpless against him.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-02-19 at 01:13.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:30   Link #2
P_Dezz

Maybe Zoro opens up that eye next chapter. I was kind of thinking, it might be kind of like the Deidara technique where he's feeding haki into it or something.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 01:15   Link #3
marvelB

Updated with the full summary! I'm a little sad that even Pica looked down on Diamante.... oh, well. Anyways, it looks like Zoro is going to use his own version of Skywalk....!?
Old 2015-02-19, 01:48   Link #4
Belise
Rokushiki User

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
Maybe Zoro opens up that eye next chapter. I was kind of thinking, it might be kind of like the Deidara technique where he's feeding haki into it or something.
Yes, and then Zoro will use his new genjutsu.

I'm convinced that Naruto's influence has prevented many OP fans from accepting the fact that Zoro has lost an eye. Seriously, is it that hard to believe a pirate lost an eye? One that's a swordsman no less? -_-;

I'm at a loss here. I really am.
Belise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 02:20   Link #5
P_Dezz

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post

I'm convinced that Naruto's influence has prevented many OP fans from accepting the fact that Zoro has lost an eye. Seriously, is it that hard to believe a pirate lost an eye? One that's a swordsman no less? -_-;

I'm a big Zoro fan, and it is hard to accept it I guess. But I guess in most other series, a character usually has a damaged eye covered, or when it's opened you can see the damage. Just saying if the eye is really gone why go through all the trouble to keep the eye lid shut?
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 04:53   Link #6
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Where is Elizabeo so he can punch him in the face?

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 06:54   Link #7
OH&S
Gear 4th in Motion, MOFOs

For a chapter titled Zoro vs Pica, there wasn't too much of that But the chapter followed on from the previous one quite well. Even without fighting, Robin gets some more respect.

But Zoro, oh Zoro, you've officially hyped me for the next chapter! This week's chapter was great.
Old 2015-02-19, 10:25   Link #8
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
i think you're thinking of zaraki from bleach. he stored extra reiatsu in his closed eye behind the eypatch. deidara just had some weird mechanical eyepatch that allowed him to see through genjutsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post

I would love it if zoro actually just didn't have an eye there. i'm sick of all this eye stuff in other mangas and i dont think one piece needs to copy them the way that all 3 (naruto, bleach and one piece) all started throwing meteors at each other.

that said, i could see zoro having a hawkeye under there. mihawk clearly has some special looking eyes. hawks are capable of seeing at great distances. now here we are with zoro needing to do something from a great distance.... probably not a coincidence
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 10:47   Link #9
marvelB

Eh, I never bought into that whole thing about Zoro having an eye power in the first place. But hey, at least he put on the bandanna, so he's serious about ending the fight now!

Also, I gotta give Pica credit.... cowardly tactics or not, I'd say he's easily the most competent of Dofla's execs by far. Leading Zoro away from the plateau was actually a pretty clever strategy on his part! But speaking of, I like the theory that Zoro will use the King Punch to propel himself towards the rock dude, heh.
Old 2015-02-19, 11:23   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, I gotta give Pica credit.... cowardly tactics or not, I'd say he's easily the most competent of Dofla's execs by far. Leading Zoro away from the plateau was actually a pretty clever strategy on his part! But speaking of, I like the theory that Zoro will use the King Punch to propel himself towards the rock dude, heh.
That was the first though I had as well when Zoro mentioned flying (Oda has conditioned us to think of being hit with a fist will send someone flying ).

That said, I was upset that Robin was hurt. Sadly, she has been curtailed once again, and now she will not make any significant showing in the upcoming battles. There's always next time I guess...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 11:43   Link #11
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think you're thinking of zaraki from bleach. he stored extra reiatsu in his closed eye behind the eypatch. deidara just had some weird mechanical eyepatch that allowed him to see through genjutsu.
Just as an FYI: Zaraki did not store extra reiatsu behind the eyepatch. The purpose of the eyepatch was to *consume* reiatsu so that Zaraki wouldn't completely OP his opponents, thus leading to longer fights. The eyepatch was a handicap. When he removes the eyepatch, he starts to release his *normal* power -- there's no storage going on at all.

What you're thinking about is something more along the lines of what Tsunade (and later Sakura) had going on in Naruto.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 11:51   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hope Robin's only role in this arc wasn't to protect Rebecca and get taken out of the fight without actually even fighting.
Old 2015-02-19, 12:44   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
Just as an FYI: Zaraki did not store extra reiatsu behind the eyepatch. The purpose of the eyepatch was to *consume* reiatsu so that Zaraki wouldn't completely OP his opponents, thus leading to longer fights. The eyepatch was a handicap. When he removes the eyepatch, he starts to release his *normal* power -- there's no storage going on at all.
oh yea. i remember that weird eye patch with the mouths. it was eating it, not storing it. you're right.

Quote:
What you're thinking about is something more along the lines of what Tsunade (and later Sakura) had going on in Naruto.
not really. we're talking about eyes. i'm sure there's a ton of manga characters who have stored energy in one way or another.

i found it a little weird how zoro closed his right eye and then opened it with a snap. what was that supposed to signify? i would expect that from someone who hadn't opened their eye in a while.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 13:21   Link #14
J4n1

Anyone else having issues following the dialogue between Zoro and Pica?
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 14:30   Link #15
Belise
Rokushiki User

I was also sad to see Robin hurt. Though it got me thinking about the other off-screen strawhats with Big Mom. I can see them getting captured and tortured .

I mean, it's not like they can actually fight a yonko atm anyway.
Belise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 14:48   Link #16
the one above all

Chapter name is sorta misleading. But now I'm really looking forward to next week.
Old 2015-02-19, 16:03   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ouch... Diamante's head must be crushed because he hit the gravestick

and Zoro.... I love his brute force tactics...
if he managed to do his plan, that might be the best sword technique he ever used so far

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 17:30   Link #18
Rainbowman

How is Zoro going to execute his flying plan?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 21:25   Link #19
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
How is Zoro going to execute his flying plan?
Through sheer awesomeness.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 03:19   Link #20
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I think I read too much into what Diamante hit his head on hahahahaha. It looked a bit weird to me so I thought it was suppose to symbolize him being a flag or something. I'm still laughing to myself at how absurd and silly that idea was
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote