AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 14:55   Link #181
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Capturing your screenshots: (Virtual Dub)
1) Open the episode you want
2) Press control+g or Edit--->Go to.
3) Use Jump frame at time: XX:XX:XX
First XX are minutes, second XX are seconds, XX are fractional seconds (dont worry about this one)
5) Go to the first frame of the scene you want to capture and press the MARK IN button.
(At the bottom of the screen the last set of buttons to the right, a black left and right arrow)
6) Go to the last frame of your scene and press the MARK OUT button kinds looks like _>
7)File -----> Save image sequence
8) Choose the location of the folder you made before.
9) Set number of digits to 3, just to be safe (the number of digits wont affect anything but if you only choose 1 digit and your animation numbers in double digits you will get problems later on)
10) Name the files and push OK
11) Wait for it to save your screnshots (the little window in the middle of the window will disappear when its done.
I Hope This Help ...This Only Work With AVI File Only..^.^
Old 2008-04-22, 15:05   Link #182
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Screencapping a video doesn't work this way.
On Windows

On Linux you can screencap a video with Print Screen just fine

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 15:08   Link #183
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I have some massive issue here... when I do printscreen/capture frame/whatever... the same results occur... I just get a black canvas... what would cause that?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 18:46   Link #184
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
On Windows

On Linux you can screencap a video with Print Screen just fine
Ooh, I'll raise you one - on Mac OS X you can just command+shift+3 or command+shift+4 or command+shift+4 and then spacebar - options are endless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I have some massive issue here... when I do printscreen/capture frame/whatever... the same results occur... I just get a black canvas... what would cause that?
Windows does the overlay of video and regular windows a bit differently. I've forgotten the terminology, but you can't get video with a regular printscreen. Either use the screen capture function from your video player, or use specialized screen capture software. "Snagit" was the software I was using last for screen captures on Windows.
Old 2008-04-23, 17:42   Link #185
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Ooh, I'll raise you one - on Mac OS X you can just command+shift+3 or command+shift+4 or command+shift+4 and then spacebar - options are endless!

Windows does the overlay of video and regular windows a bit differently. I've forgotten the terminology, but you can't get video with a regular printscreen. Either use the screen capture function from your video player, or use specialized screen capture software. "Snagit" was the software I was using last for screen captures on Windows.
Yeah, I tried using the video players capture function but it does the exact same thing... its rather annoying...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:21   Link #186
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I use kaffeine for this task, but doesn't VLC also include the ability to take screenshots?
Old 2008-04-30, 11:19   Link #187
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I'm using KMPlayer, and this program is excellent because it has so many purpose such as screencaping.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:55   Link #188
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Edit: Mods please delete!

Found the answer in another thread. Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-05-05 at 19:19.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 19:21   Link #189
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP, How to take screenshots with Media Player Classic

It will likely involve changing settings first. The default CCCP settings use the overlay mixer for output for a number of reasons, but that unfortunately disables screenshots. We didn't do this because we're evil, really - it's better. While it's possible to take screenshots with MPC, we recommend using ffdshow's grab function instead. If you really need to do it in MPC, here's how to do it anyway:

* Start MPC and go into the options dialogue. Choose "Output".
* Under "DirectShow Video", there are a number of alternatives. Note that "Overlay Mixer" is chosen by default. Now, if you're using Windows XP, choose the "VMR7 (windowed)" alternative and press OK. If you're using Windows 2000, then use "VMR9 (windowed)" instead. But BE WARNED: VMR9 is buggier than overlay. Common VMR9 problems include, but are not limited to, the video getting a green tint, or blacks -> greys.
* Now use File -> Save Image... (or Alt+Print screen and pasting into Paint or the picture editor of your choice) to take as many screenshots as you like. Alternatively, you can go into View -> Options... -> Keys and assign it a hotkey.
* When you're finished, go back to View -> Options... -> Output and put the renderer back to "Overlay Mixer" if you like.
Source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP, Taking screenshots and grabbing frames
There are two methods.

* ffdshow's 'grab' function: This will grab a raw frame. The frame will be at 100% size and won't show softsubs. You obviously have to have a stream that ffdshow is decoding. Good for hardsubbed video or when you don't want the subs.
* Using Haali's renderer (or another): This change will let you take screenshots of the video exactly as it appears on your screen. Good for when you want softsubs.

ffdshow method:

* Pause on the frame you want to capture.
* Doubleclick the black 'FF' icon in the system tray.
* Scroll down to the 'output' tab and check the box "High quality YV12 to RGB conversion"
* Open the 'grab' page.
* Fill in the values with your preferences (in particular, the image format and quality).
* Press 'grab now' and once you unpause the video it will write that frame out to the location you specify.

(If you want to grab a range of frames, you can also use the controls there. Good for making animated gifs.)

Haali's Renderer method:
Using another video renderer will usually allow you to take screenshots of the video as normal (why don't we set another renderer by default? Because other factors play into it). After the default renderer ("Overlay Mixer"), we recommend Haali's Renderer next, which is slower on older graphics cards but gives high quality and guaranteed correct colors. If that's not possible, try VMR7, or as a last resort VMR9. The renderer is a per-player setting - this is how you change the renderer in the two included players:

* Media Player Classic: view -> options -> playback output -> set 'DirectDhow video' to the desired option. Restart MPC.
Source.

EDIT: Well, it's there for whoever who wants it.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 19:30   Link #190
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Quick question here, does MPC's "Save Thumbnails" function automatically pick what frames it saves? Is this function customizable or is it really left to the program to pick at whatever random frames.
Old 2008-05-29, 19:46   Link #191

How can I take a screenshot of an mp4 video?

I've been trying to do this for a while now, and I can't get it to work at all. Virtualdub can't read mp4 files, print screen doesn't work on videos, and all the file converter programs I've tried don't work for crap or have "trail version" limitations. So what am I supposed to use to do this?
...... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 20:01   Link #192
martino
makes no files now

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=65
and
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ#Taking_screenshots_and_grabbin g_frames
as well as
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...Player_Classic
Old 2008-06-04, 14:23   Link #193
Tsukishirou

How do I take a still image from an anime?

After formatting my PC, I installed the anime community or something codec pack and I use Media Player Classic to view anime; however when I go to file Save image... it keeps giving me an error message.
Is there anyway I can take a snapshop in MPC or WMP?
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 14:47   Link #194
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP, How to take screenshots with Media Player Classic

It will likely involve changing settings first. The default CCCP settings use the overlay mixer for output for a number of reasons, but that unfortunately disables screenshots. We didn't do this because we're evil, really - it's better. While it's possible to take screenshots with MPC, we recommend using ffdshow's grab function instead. If you really need to do it in MPC, here's how to do it anyway:

* Start MPC and go into the options dialogue. Choose "Output".
* Under "DirectShow Video", there are a number of alternatives. Note that "Overlay Mixer" is chosen by default. Now, if you're using Windows XP, choose the "VMR7 (windowed)" alternative and press OK. If you're using Windows 2000, then use "VMR9 (windowed)" instead. But BE WARNED: VMR9 is buggier than overlay. Common VMR9 problems include, but are not limited to, the video getting a green tint, or blacks -> greys.
* Now use File -> Save Image... (or Alt+Print screen and pasting into Paint or the picture editor of your choice) to take as many screenshots as you like. Alternatively, you can go into View -> Options... -> Keys and assign it a hotkey.
* When you're finished, go back to View -> Options... -> Output and put the renderer back to "Overlay Mixer" if you like.
Source.

And I also suggest you referring to this page for more methods.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 14:54   Link #195
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
And I also suggest you referring to this page for more methods.
Rather not. It's very old, and not really a good method to do it.

Rather take a look at this in addition to the first link posted in this thread.
Old 2010-02-09, 06:57   Link #196
Hiden

The good prog is Screen VidShot by geovid.It's easy and fast.
Hiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 03:54   Link #197
Armored Knight

FRAPS is great for both PC games and video screenshots. It can also record high quality videos while playing PC games and shows FPS.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 06:03   Link #198
Hiden

oh i found one more good program-Macvide screencap!
Hiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 08:39   Link #199
Valentina_Sk

I have tried ScreenCap. It is really good program)
Valentina_Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:13   Link #200
Valentina_Sk

Hey, guys!
I found a program to take screenshots on Mac! It is called Screenshots Remote.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scree...366470372?mt=8

There is also a tutorial about this program on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfK5Bb2YFc

What do you think about this program?
It can take screenshots itself or even remotely.
What is your opinion?
Valentina_Sk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tutorial, screenshot, wiki candidate