AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-11, 01:21   Link #1
Gai-Kakashi

Introduction fights "real"?

Something interesting I thought of.

Could the fights seen in the first and second opening of Naruto be actual fights that happened in the story? For example. Team 7 vs the gang in the first opening, and Hinata and Rock Lee vs some Rain Ninja during the Chuunin exam. I mean, why not? We've already had the special "Find the Crimson Clover" side story. It doesn't "conflict" with the plot at all. Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto's desire for more challenging missions makes sense, because they defeated that gang in the span of fifteen seconds (Kakashi was even reading Makeout Paradise ). And what if Hinata and Lee ran into some more trouble during the exam that we didn't see? That makes even more sense. Sure they're only a few second side stories, but that's better than none at all.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:25   Link #2
Lazy Shikamaru

well.. that's kinda the point. That there is a lot of stuff that is not told because it's too small to even tell about it.
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:26   Link #3
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

I think those introduction fights were made specifically for the openings and won't be shown in the anime.

Besides what occasion can you think of that would involve Hinata or Lee looking back at some unforeseen(by us ) events in the Chuunin exam?

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:29   Link #4
Ero-Sennin

Yeap, for the opening exclusively.

I remember not watching the opening for quite a while because I didnt want to spoil future episodes. Hehe.
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:31   Link #5
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sennin
Yeap, for the opening exclusively.

I remember not watching the opening for quite a while because I didnt want to spoil future episodes. Hehe.
-_-;;... the intros are the coolest things about Naruto ... ALMOST.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:31   Link #6
Gai-Kakashi

The exam took place over five days, you're telling me that a less than 30 second confrontation could happen in that amount of time?

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying they should expand these fights to the anime or anything. Just that there's no reason these little "mini duels" shouldn't be included in the official story line.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:35   Link #7
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
The exam took place over five days, you're telling me that a less than 30 second confrontation could happen in that amount of time?

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying they should expand these fights to the anime or anything. Just that there's no reason these little "mini duels" shouldn't be included in the official story line.
That's true, but they'd only do it if they are too far ahead of schedule, and use it as a filler. After all, we've seen everything that Kishimoto has drawn in the manga, and more that wasn't in the manga.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:38   Link #8
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

We're already heading into a new arc in the anime, one that doesnt have anything to do with any of the rookie genin save for Naruto and small parts of Sasuke and Sakura. I dont see how the animators can put these mini-duels anywhere in the upcoming episodes as well as future ones.

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:40   Link #9
Ero-Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
That's true, but they'd only do it if they are too far ahead of schedule, and use it as a filler. After all, we've seen everything that Kishimoto has drawn in the manga, and more that wasn't in the manga.
Well, the terrain is always different from the Forest of Death.

Then, Hinata was said to have failed most of her missions and only started fighting to her full potential in the prelims. Therefore, I concluded that if the scene where Hinata kicks the guy in the weird suit's ass, logically, the others would follow the same pattern and be fictional (you know what I mean ).
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 13:58   Link #10
Shadamehr

Quote:
Something interesting I thought of.

Could the fights seen in the first and second opening of Naruto be actual fights that happened in the story? For example. Team 7 vs the gang in the first opening, and Hinata and Rock Lee vs some Rain Ninja during the Chuunin exam. I mean, why not? We've already had the special "Find the Crimson Clover" side story. It doesn't "conflict" with the plot at all. Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto's desire for more challenging missions makes sense, because they defeated that gang in the span of fifteen seconds (Kakashi was even reading Makeout Paradise ). And what if Hinata and Lee ran into some more trouble during the exam that we didn't see? That makes even more sense. Sure they're only a few second side stories, but that's better than none at all.
I don't get it, what are you proposing? That the fights in the openings could have happened in the background of the story? Well, sure there's nothing proving them wrong.

Are you saying that Kishimoto wrote them? 'Cuz that's simply not true.

Or are you saying that we on the board should accept them as official canon? I personally, at least, will never accept an argument for any topic that's based upon the introduction fights, because they aren't written by Kishimoto, simple as that.

I mean, what do you mean by 'actual', 'real', or 'official'? This is a fictional anime you know...
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 15:46   Link #11
Gai-Kakashi

^ Doesn't work that way though. The "Find the Crimson Clover" wasn't written by Kashimoto, yet it's still officially part of the story line (though its not mentioned obviously). All the huge amounts of "filler" we've seen wasn't written by him either (if I understand he's not involved with the anime), yet it's still canon in regards to the anime, still part of the plot. So why shouldn't the intro fights be canonical too?

When I say official, I mean part of the overall Naruto story line. There's no need to expand on them, they've already been shown. It's just a neat little thing that we get to see these "extra" fights happen in the Naruto world.
Old 2004-05-11, 16:16   Link #12
Shadamehr

Quote:
^ Doesn't work that way though. The "Find the Crimson Clover" wasn't written by Kashimoto, yet it's still officially part of the story line (though its not mentioned obviously). All the huge amounts of "filler" we've seen wasn't written by him either (if I understand he's not involved with the anime), yet it's still canon in regards to the anime, still part of the plot. So why shouldn't the intro fights be canonical too?

When I say official, I mean part of the overall Naruto story line. There's no need to expand on them, they've already been shown. It's just a neat little thing that we get to see these "extra" fights happen in the Naruto world.
No, they aren't "official". You have to keep in mind there isn't any index anywhere that says "this is official" and "this is not official". The only meaningful definition of official storyline elements are those elements such that, if used as a basis for reasoning about the Naruto world and/or future events, will generate accurate conjectures.

Generally, if you base a conjecture on filler, and it conflicts with another conjecture based on events written by the author, the second conjecture will turn out true. Since filler was not influenced by the author, it can lead you to assume all sorts of incorrect things if you accept it as "official".

To take an example from another anime, look at Goku when he fought Pikkon. One of the techniques he used was "Super Kaioken", which completely does not exist. If you were then to say "Goku can do things involving more energy than his SSJ2 level w/o using SSJ3," you would be wrong. And let's not even get started on how many plot holes were introduced by all the DBZ movies and DBGT.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 16:30   Link #13
wb_hicks

well out of all the openings the new one is full on forshadowing. and the last one made it seem like there were alot of flash backs and what did we have in the arc alot of flash backs. i think the openings just give you a good ideal of whats going to be happening.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote