AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-13, 15:07   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

[Anime] Episode 32: Dante of the Deep Forest

I hope the mods will continue to make these episode discussion nice and sticky despite the license. ALL BE WARNED ONCE MORE -- ASKING FOR THE LOCATION OF SUBS GIVES YOU A BAN!!!

Anyway, let's begin with one word: pimpin'. Greed, the Ultimate Shield. He's a homunculus. Hell yeah! Hopefully we'll get to see some more Sin action, find out some more Ultimate aliases, perhaps Pride will be revealed...

I'm excited!
Old 2004-05-13, 15:20   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Greed must re-establish his pimp status; much mojo was lost in the last episode. Still, I don't see how the story can shift all the sudden to Greed and his posse when Wrath and Izumi are still clinging onto each other like Oro and Sarutobi...
Old 2004-05-13, 16:05   Link #3
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Greed must re-establish his pimp status; much mojo was lost in the last episode. Still, I don't see how the story can shift all the sudden to Greed and his posse when Wrath and Izumi are still clinging onto each other like Oro and Sarutobi...
I'm looking forward to the battle between Al and Wrath - Al looked pissed after Wrath revealed that he does indeed have Ed's limbs. From the preview it looks like Wrath gets some serious injuries so it may be another gorefest. Should be good though...

I also think Pride's gotta turn up soon, 'he who shall not be named' probably already knows about Wrath by way of Archer, who also probably told him about Kimbley, so Pride will put 2 and 2 together and figure that Kimbley left Lab 5 with you know who - yep, the Pimpster himself.

Which puts Pride and Greed on a collision course...ooh yeah...

Sonhex
Old 2004-05-13, 16:14   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Well, he pimped it up in episode 31 until he was faced with his arch-nemesis Envy, who sealed him up for 130 years, and a newer homunculus whose true power he does not know of... hey, I would run to. I'd rather pimp for some women than die at that moment. He'll kick back once he is prepared.
Old 2004-05-13, 16:44   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Well, he pimped it up in episode 31 until he was faced with his arch-nemesis Envy, who sealed him up for 130 years, and a newer homunculus whose true power he does not know of... hey, I would run to. I'd rather pimp for some women than die at that moment. He'll kick back once he is prepared.
I am a huge fan of "tactical retreats," so I actually commend his decision. I just find it hard to believe that Greed couldn't land a single hit on that annoying prick...
Old 2004-05-13, 17:04   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
I am a huge fan of "tactical retreats," so I actually commend his decision. I just find it hard to believe that Greed couldn't land a single hit on that annoying prick...
True, but he HAS been locked up for 130 years. Anyone's fighting skills would be shabby after such a long sleep
Old 2004-05-13, 17:09   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
True, but he HAS been locked up for 130 years. Anyone's fighting skills would be shabby after such a long sleep
I guess I'm just disappointed to find out how Greed was Envy's bitch...I was expecting him to put that annoying prick in his place but guess that's not going to happen.
Old 2004-05-13, 17:23   Link #8
avmoghe

Ya.. I was very surprised that Envy sealed Greed up. I would've imagined Greed would've wanted desparate revenge on Envy. Instead he runs away from Sloth and Envy.. which is an understandable decision.

Oh well.. Lust is still their "leader" as far as I see. She's the one who gives the other directions from what I see, even if Envy is older.
Old 2004-05-13, 20:40   Link #9
Grona
Big Damit!

For some reason I have the image of Al ripping off the kids arm and leg in my head This epsode is going to have the action to bring in more of the Naruto people I think.
Old 2004-05-15, 09:50   Link #10
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Wgalland's site has Screenshots . Minor spoilers as ever with this site.

From the screens -

Spoiler:

Sonhex
Old 2004-05-15, 10:19   Link #11
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Wgalland's site has Screenshots . Minor spoilers as ever with this site.
MINOR SPOILERS?! YOU CALL THOSE "MINOR" SPOILERS?! ^_^

Again, thanks for the heads-up...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-15, 10:50   Link #12
OMchan
オムちゃん

More indepth screens can be found on this site.

And of course, the spoilerful ones for those like me.

Screenshots 01
Screenshots 02
Screenshots 03
Screenshots 04
Screenshots 05

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-05-15, 12:00   Link #13
loki9x
大魔王

Oh, man, that's why I like FMA. And the weeklong wait! I want to see 33 right now! It makes me want to make a thread--Episode 33: Imprisoned Al--but I know it would be shut down. Back to business... From the 33 preview, it looks like:
Spoiler:

Also, some comments on the characters:
Spoiler:

Also, did Ed realize in 31 that the Fuerher wasn't really the Fuerher? Granted he's under some stress, but:
Spoiler:

Finally, why are Ed and Al so slow? It takes them three or four episodes just to realize pathetically obvious things, such as that Wrath has two of Ed's limbs, and that's why he can perform alchemy... I thought we had established that. Why does Ed look so surprised every time Wrath mentions it?
Old 2004-05-15, 12:36   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki9x
Also, some comments on the characters:
Spoiler:
Muwahaha I think he has the same name as you! XD
Spoiler:

Quote:
Izumi is starting to get on my nerves. She's always compassionate at the worst times. Doesn't she realize her emotions will just make things worse later? Sometimes people just need to kill other people. Right?
Wooooooooord. Too compassionate. Must kill. Brat. Give back Ed's limbs.

Quote:
Spoiler:
All signs point to "yes, you are correct!"

Quote:
Also, did Ed realize in 31 that the Fuerher wasn't really the Fuerher? Granted he's under some stress, but:
Spoiler:
I find it both unreasonable and unwise for Ed to suspect EVERYONE is Envy (because he could be!)...but Ed'll probably find out in this episode.

Quote:
Finally, why are Ed and Al so slow? It takes them three or four episodes just to realize pathetically obvious things, such as that Wrath has two of Ed's limbs, and that's why he can perform alchemy... I thought we had established that.
But Ed cannot fuse things to his body, so I don't think they suspected that Wrath had the power because of having Ed's limbs.

Quote:
Why does Ed look so surprised every time Wrath mentions it?
The issue hits home, that's why. That and the kid is important to Izumi, his master...so it's not like he could just tear the limbs off. Even then, how the hell is he supposed to reconnect them before they rot? *shrugs*
Old 2004-05-15, 13:59   Link #15
morsmordres
Homunculus Maniac

Nearly at the end of ep 31 we see Lust and Gluttony among at that gathering place for homeless people, criminals etc. Any idea what they are supposed to do there? It seems that Sloth is the "organizer" of their actions (but not the leader), so why are they involving them self in that new Ishbal case again if their true intention is Ed forcing to make the Philosopher's Stone for them ?
Old 2004-05-15, 14:33   Link #16
loki9x
大魔王

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I bet that if Wrath killed Ed, he could merge with his body and become human. And if Ed cut off Wrath's limbs, he could fairly easily replace his prosthetics with them. He wouldn't need to merge with them, just remove his automail through alchemy and instantaneously reattach the limb before he lost too much blood. Doctors reattach limbs all the time, and it works if done soon enough after they've been severed. It even seems difficult, but not impossible, to make new human limbs from scratch. I don't understand why Ed hasn't tried. The scales of equivalent trade becomes very uneven when you try to put a soul in a body. Just to create an arm seems as though it only requires a very complex alchemy. Maybe it's too complex, and requires too good a knowledge of anatomy and biochemistry, for Ed to perform (although I would have thought that the Truth taught him all the principles of the universe). Anyway, to reattach a limb is easy (for some people; not for me). You just tie off the skin, blood vessels, nerves, etc on both sides (I hear that nerve cells don't regenerate, but a good alchemist could handle the job by merging cells to bridge the gap).

I still don't understand what the true motive of the Sins (and their creator) is. Is it really to become human? Why? Wrath actually does seem to want Ed's whole body. But the homunculi seem pretty well-off as they are. And they don't seem interested in world conquest. I mean, they already can directly or indirectly manipulate the military into doing anything they want. Maybe it has to do with the Truth?
Old 2004-05-15, 15:00   Link #17
morsmordres
Homunculus Maniac

Quote:
MINOR SPOILERS?! YOU CALL THOSE "MINOR" SPOILERS?! ^_^

Again, thanks for the heads-up...
Spoiler:

sure that envy turned into fuhrer again?

i think this time it's the real fuhrer, that came because a) he heard of the trouble happened in the south headquarter (an he must've heard from that, because the south headquarter phoned to central city headquarter) and b) ed already knows from wrath that envy is here, so i think ed won't be tricked again.

personally i think the fuhrer himself is pride (sloth seemed relatively calm, when she realised fuhrer coming in the office when she phoned with envy).

and if we think of the role of the homunculus in lior or in that mine with the red water etc. it seems that really many death people are required for the philosphers stone. and only the fuhrer was able to send the state alchemists to the ishbal war. and we know that a state alchemist could cause much more damage and kill more people with one strike than an normal soldier.
Old 2004-05-15, 16:07   Link #18
loki9x
大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsmordres
sure that envy turned into fuhrer again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by morsmordres
sloth seemed relatively calm, when she realised fuhrer coming in the office when she phoned with envy
Immediately after Ed runs into the Furher and Sloth, Envy turns back into his normal form. Also, I don't think anything would make Sloth act otherwise than calmly. But I agree that she didn't seem to be worried that he would overhear her conversation. If she had been, assuming that he's human, she could have easily killed him. Obviously, he's in league with the Sins, or is really stupid. But really stupid people don't become military dictators.
Old 2004-05-15, 16:13   Link #19
morsmordres
Homunculus Maniac

Besides that, why has sloth come to yokk island ? envy seemed a lil' bit surprised to me, when she knocked out Greeds men/chimeras/whatever with her water cyclon in ep 31.
Old 2004-05-16, 04:52   Link #20
Ice-Wolf

Would posting a link to a self-made English translation of the script for the episode (incomplete of course, but 90% is good enough) be in violation of any board rule ?

If not, then great,
If so, I shall err on caution and not post it yet.
Closed Thread