AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-16, 23:57   Link #1
totokeke

Looking for "On Your Mark" Music Video

Hello all, this is my first time posting at these forums. The reason I'm starting this thread is to because I've spent a good deal of time this trying to find a good download of the Miyazaki-directed music video "On Your Mark'. I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's work, and I've been dying to see this video. So if any of you have it/know where to download it, I'd be grateful for the help. Thanks!
Old 2004-05-17, 00:42   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by totokeke
Hello all, this is my first time posting at these forums. The reason I'm starting this thread is to because I've spent a good deal of time this trying to find a good download of the Miyazaki-directed music video "On Your Mark'. I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's work, and I've been dying to see this video. So if any of you have it/know where to download it, I'd be grateful for the help. Thanks!
Sorry, but I believe all Ghibli films are licensed by ... wait, why is this in the Suggestions forum?
Old 2004-05-17, 11:26   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Sorry, but I believe all Ghibli films are licensed by ... wait, why is this in the Suggestions forum?
Actually, it's not licensed. The On Your Mark music video wa not picked up in the Disney-Tokuma Deal.

I'm not sure where you can download it, but I have the info for the LD and VHS formats the video is available in.

LaserDisc:
Publisher: Pony Canyon
Catalog #: PCLP-00652
Runtime: 20 minutes
Price: 2700 Yen

VHS:
Publisher: Pony Canyon
Catalog #: PCVP-52176
Runtime: 20 minutes
Price: 2700 Yen

Enjoy...
Old 2004-05-17, 17:45   Link #4
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totokeke
はっきり言って、金の無駄だと思うがな・・・
Old 2004-05-17, 19:20   Link #5
babbito2k
annoying white bat

@kj1980 Waste of money, huh? Yeah, that's pretty blunt... not that I would disagree.

As far as this goes, unless there is a subtitled version of this, it really shouldn't be asked for here. Unsubbed video is the same as music - it's not released here but it's spoken for by the Japanese distributors.
Old 2004-05-17, 20:47   Link #6
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
@kj1980 Waste of money, huh? Yeah, that's pretty blunt... not that I would disagree.

As far as this goes, unless there is a subtitled version of this, it really shouldn't be asked for here. Unsubbed video is the same as music - it's not released here but it's spoken for by the Japanese distributors.
There are subtitled versions (of the lyrics) out there. I haven't seen any on bittorrent for a while though. And all the fansubbed video here is just as easily "spoken for by Japanese distributors"...

I really loved On Your Mark and I'd love to have it on DVD. Nice song, interesting characters, so much plot potential. If Egao gets its own DVD, this should too.

And PLEASE speak in English! I love learning Japanese and I think it is a beautiful language, but this is an English forum and I doubt the original poster knows Japanese.

EDIT- I was in a bad mood when I posted that. What I mean is, if KJ speaks in Japanese, can someone who is better at Japanese than I am please provide a literal translation?

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-05-17 at 23:09.
Old 2004-05-18, 08:05   Link #7
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
はっきり言って、金の無駄だと思うがな・・・
Now I'm confused. In another post, kj1980 claimed that many Japanese are sad that anime is being exploited by people who distribute it for free (or something like that). Now he's saying, "Don't support the artists because the video costs too much"? Even if Miyazaki isn't getting a cut of the video sales, isn't that a contradiction? Of course, I have no idea what he really said.
Old 2004-05-18, 17:28   Link #8
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
Now I'm confused. In another post, kj1980 claimed that many Japanese are sad that anime is being exploited by people who distribute it for free (or something like that). Now he's saying, "Don't support the artists because the video costs too much"? Even if Miyazaki isn't getting a cut of the video sales, isn't that a contradiction? Of course, I have no idea what he really said.
No, I am just saying that it is not really worth the money to go buy this video.
Old 2004-05-18, 19:08   Link #9
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
No, I am just saying that it is not really worth the money to go buy this video.
Thanks for clarifying that.

I would buy it if I already didn't own it.
Closed Thread