AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2004-05-13, 21:57   Link #1
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Naruto Characters' Data Book

While the Kakashi vs. Gai - Who would win? thread was going on, I thought it would be helpful to translate and organize the said characters' stats from the Naruto Characters' Official Data Book as a reference for variables and other information not revealed in the anime and manga. Well, apparently the English version of it has not been done by any scanslation group, so I took some requests and posted some more characters...and went really off topic. At the request of ElvenPath, I'm organizing all of the ones I've done into this thread.

Disclaimer: the raw is from the HK publication of this Naruto Data Book, scanned by Evance for IdlerManga; I'm using the raw and modifying it without permission.

Translation notes: In most instances, "strength" does not pertain to physical prowess. I choose to use "strength" instead of "ability" (the literal meaning) wherever I find more suitable. Also, I'm going to admit right now: I am unfamiliar with Asian delicacy to begin with and I certainly can't translate or properly describe what those food or dishes are even if I know them. Anything inside brackets [] are my own comments or explanations, while anything in parenthesis () are from the original raw. Oh and umm...I often use one character's bio as template for everyone else...and sometimes I might slip up and forget to edit out a thing or two. So if you see some glaring mistakes like TenTen has same birthday as Sakura or Ibiki's specialized technique is Raikiri, please point them out to me!

Updated: 05/18/04 - Added brief biography on Shodaime and Nidaime

General stuffs:

Characters Personality Graph

Characters Height Chart

The Final Seven Genin Teams

Character Stats, Experiences, and Biographies:

Note: ALL STATS ARE EVALUATED BY CHARACTERS' CURRENT PERFORMANCE (up to 'Destruction of Konoha' arc), NOT BY THEIR ABSOLUTE STRENGTH. Keep this firmly in mind when you want to use these stats as reference or support for your theories, beliefs, arguments, or opinions. Also, some I heavily disagree with (ie: Neji and Sasuke's speed), so it's not like they are perfect.

Be sure to check out this important Stats Key for the following section.

Kakashi and Gai

Asuma and Kurenai

Sandaime Sarutobi, Shodaime, Nidaime

Hiashi and Hizashi

Itachi, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya

Mizuki, Iruka, Ebisu, Anko, Hayate, Baki, and Zabuza

Team Kakashi

Team Gai

Team Asuma

Team Kurenai

Team Baki

Team Orochimaru

Team Kabuto

Team Zabuza

The entire Data Book contains a lot of neat information; I especially love the technique section introducing all the jutsus in the manga up to the Sarutobi-Orochimaru battle. The actual pages look a lot prettier, but the extra bios and the pictures aren't anything we haven't seen, so I decided to edit them out to save space; here is the full page for Hyuga Hiashi.

I definitely recommend anyone who can read Japanese or Chinese to buy this book.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-05-19 at 07:58. Reason: major update and reorganization
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:14   Link #2
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
sarcasteak you awsome...Ive bin wanting to know what was in there for awhile.....thanks
Old 2004-05-13, 22:18   Link #3
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Wow, there is a lot of info there. I never knew some of this stuff. I like I like. Good job posting that man.
Old 2004-05-13, 22:20   Link #4
eLstar
(^_^)v

Seriously, this is great information. You've done us all a great favour, especially members looking for *Official data, or just always wanted to know the Naruto Character Data Book.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:22   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
sarcasteak you awsome...Ive bin wanting to know what was in there for awhile.....thanks
Your gifs are awesome too

The actual pages look a lot prettier, but the extra bios and the pictures aren't anything we haven't seen...so I decided to edit them out to save space.

A page out of the character section
Old 2004-05-13, 22:25   Link #6
ardon
The Bastard

Send a message via MSN to ardon Send a message via Yahoo to ardon
Awesome Info there.....

Thanks For the Scans & Translations
Old 2004-05-13, 22:32   Link #7
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

Quite simply... you rock.
Old 2004-05-13, 22:35   Link #8
epyon96

Did us all a favor. thanks man.

Btw with regards to Naruto's team, did they count the Zabuzza mission as it was when it was assigned or did they not add it yet?

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:38   Link #9
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Thanks alot for the extra info

I always just went here to get my info. But it didn't really tell much of the interesting info like you did Anyways, keep posting them
http://www.djmeesh.com/naruto/
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:43   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
Btw with regards to Naruto's team, did they count the Zabuzza mission as it was when it was assigned or did they not add it yet?
No. Although it was worthy of at least B-rank, if Kakashi reported what happened, the Leaf might commission the Wave Country more money for it...and we all know how poor they are.
Old 2004-05-13, 22:50   Link #11
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
While the Kakashi vs. Gai - Who would win? thread was going on, I thought it would be helpful to translate and organize the said characters' stats from the Naruto Characters' Official Data Book as a reference for variables and other information not revealed in the anime and manga. Well, apparently the English version of it has not been done by any scanslation group, so I took some requests and translated a few...and got really off topic. At the request of ElvenPath, I'm organizing all of the ones I've done in this thread.

Disclaimer: the raw is from the HK publication of this Naruto Data Book, scanned by Evance for IdlerManga; I'm using the raw and modifying it without permission.

Translation notes: In most instances, "strength" does not pertain to physical prowess. I chosoe to use "strength" instead of "ability" (the literal meaning) whenever I find it more suitable. Also, I'm going to admit right now: I am unfamiliar with Asian delicacy to begin with and I certainly can't translate or even describe properly what those food or dishes are even if I know them.

Naruto Characters Personality Graph

The Final Seven Genin Teams

Kakashi and Gai

Kurenai and Asuma

Kabuto

Itachi, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya [Note: Unfortunately, all three are too shy to share their stats ]

Spoiler for Sandaime:

Spoiler for Team Kakashi:

Spoiler for Team Gai:

Spoiler for Team Kurenai:

Spoiler for Team Baki:

wow if thats there stats during the exam i wonder what they would be now because more of them can punk their exam selves with no problem.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 23:01   Link #12
Zek
Eyebrows...

One would think that with the bridge completed the least they could do was fork up the cash for the A mission.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 23:20   Link #13
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
One would think that with the bridge completed the least they could do was fork up the cash for the A mission.
Well...Kakashi and Team 7 did accept the C-rank mission and volunteered to see it through. Yes, they could've gratefully repay them much later, but surely Team 7 doesn't dwell on ranking and records.
Old 2004-05-13, 23:23   Link #14
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Thx Guys , rly useful info
Old 2004-05-13, 23:27   Link #15
rorosama

Just wanna say thanks too sarcasteak!
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 23:35   Link #16
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Just wanna say thanks too sarcasteak!
i think you for it also

with those stats it sure does make it hard to judge true strength.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:05   Link #17
Yogi

I love how Gai is literally off the scale in the "Passionate" personality.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:18   Link #18
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
I love how Gai is literally off the scale in the "Passionate" personality.
That's exactly what motivated me to label that graph!

When I first viewed that page, I had another window open that blocked him so I ended up looking for Gai all over the graph for a while... XD
Old 2004-05-14, 00:59   Link #19
Nooj
Disabled By Request

Thanks A LOT! Those stats are very interesting!
Nooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 01:31   Link #20
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Thanks for all of your positive feedbacks! I greatly appreciate the support. ^_^

Now...has there ever been a thread about the common ninjas in the world of Naruto? In honor of these neglected adult ninjas, I added their stats chart and experience as well; see how Kishimoto rates these these "normal" ninja.