AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-15, 13:08   Link #1
BanditKing

ADV at ACEN

annouced

- Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
- Peace Maker Kurogane
-original uncut Gatchaman (entire first series is something like 105 episodes)

FMP:Fumoffu will be dub by IS&M studio(same casts) which is a plus for me since I like their their dubs ^_^

Peace Maker Kurogane has not been assign an dub studio yet.

I update when I heard more.

edit: more
Old 2004-05-15, 13:11   Link #2
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Finally they got Fumoffu, ´bout time too. I hope they get the first DVD out by autumn.
Old 2004-05-15, 13:18   Link #3
Silver_Scorcher

FUMOFFU!!! It's about damned time! I was getting a little worried. I loved the DUB for FMP and I would hate to see it dubbed by anyone other than ADV. Peace Maker Kurogane is a bonus too. I only saw the first episode fansubbed and then stopped for some reason. I liked it, it's just that when it comes to anime, I devote most of my attention to DVD's rather than fansubs. I'm getting Fumoffu without question, and Peace Maker Kurogane as well. I hope IS&M does that as well.
Old 2004-05-15, 13:36   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

nice acquisitions...go figure they license fumoffu
Old 2004-05-15, 14:05   Link #5
7thMethuselah

well Peace Maker Kurogane and Fumoffu were bound to get licensed sooner or later. Another anime added to the to buy list (Fumoffu). Don't know yet if I'll get PMK it was good but not that good to be buying 6 DVD's (guessing 4 epi's a disc)... and I have so much more to buy, maybe I should get a raise at work

Old 2004-05-15, 16:29   Link #6
BanditKing

here the whole story of ADV at ACEN. here

anybody here know what Mutineer’s Moon anime is about?Seem like its going to air both US and Japan at same time.
Old 2004-05-15, 19:53   Link #7
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I read an American sci-fi novel called Mutineer's Moon a couple of years ago. Could this new anime be based on that?

Anyway, I'm really happy that PMK got licensed. Hopefully it'll be a six-disc release.
Old 2004-05-15, 20:40   Link #8
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Peacemaker Kurogane is an absolutely awesome.

There were some tragic events that just put me into tears, to..

Spoiler for Character Deaths:
Old 2004-05-15, 21:32   Link #9
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I read an American sci-fi novel called Mutineer's Moon a couple of years ago. Could this new anime be based on that?
Yup. It's supposed to be based off of David Weber's "Multineer's Moon". I saw some concept art for it a couple of years ago, and thought it was fairly decent. The armor looked nice, but the ships just looked silly.

You can read an electronic version of the book at Baen (the publisher)'s free e-library on its website.
Old 2004-05-15, 22:17   Link #10
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Fumo, Fumoffu, Fumo-fumo-fumo! Fumofuru!! It's about time... I'm not worried about the dubbing(since I won't listen to it) as much I am worried about the various cultural references and blatant Gundam parodies--They better translate and sub it right
Old 2004-05-16, 00:43   Link #11
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Sadly some people stil refuse to listen to dubs despite the fact that ADV has been doing amazing work for the last year an a bit (Luci Christian is AMAZING) but i am totally looking forward to PMK and Fumoffu. I still have a few eps left to go on PMK but they are already downloaded so its all good. Come to think of it, if i finish a fansubbed anime i always go and buy the dvds anyways.
Old 2004-05-16, 00:55   Link #12
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
Sadly some people stil refuse to listen to dubs despite the fact that ADV has been doing amazing work for the last year an a bit (Luci Christian is AMAZING) but i am totally looking forward to PMK and Fumoffu. I still have a few eps left to go on PMK but they are already downloaded so its all good. Come to think of it, if i finish a fansubbed anime i always go and buy the dvds anyways.
Why is it sad that some people don't listen to dubs? Sometimes, no matter how good the dub, some people just want to listen to the original VAs in the original language. I don't think there's anything wrong with that...
Old 2004-05-16, 01:59   Link #13
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I agree. It's already become a habit to me.

It's just not right watching anime with english dub or watching the Simpson with japanese dub. ^^
Old 2004-05-16, 08:13   Link #14
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Watching certain Animes in english dub is actually better or funnier cause the jokes they crack don't 'sound' funny in Japanese. ie Cowboy Bebop and DBZ.
Old 2004-05-16, 08:39   Link #15
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
I agree in full, the dub for FMP is the best dub I ever heard, Gaurons voice actor is so spot on. The first dub I heven't minded watching/listening to. Usually I just let the english voice actors say a couple of words to confirm that the dub sucks, but ADV worked wonders with FMP.
Old 2004-05-16, 09:06   Link #16
sapphire

Yes!!! Gatchaman! At last I will be able to see the real thing! (as long as adv get their act together and release it in the UK in region whatever it is over here can never remember) After a near-lifetime of trying to work out where the real bits end and the censorship begins on old battle of the planets/g force etc episodes finally the real thing which is all I wanted in the first place!

Long long long overdue. I'm amazed that no company has picked up on this before as this anime has a huge fanbase in the west. Will be nice to finally see it as originally intended after all these years!

-happy blue corundum!
Old 2004-05-16, 09:10   Link #17
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
I liked it, it's just that when it comes to anime, I devote most of my attention to DVD's rather than fansubs.
Why's that? I can see multiple reasons, so I'm not gonna assume.

For me, it depends I tend to never like the subbed version of DVDs cause they don't put the effort into that fansubbers do. Also their translation often annoying (most notable is Kenshin - I hate reading the term Manslayer and seeing "that is is" written out on the screen). The dub though is worse.

The fansub of kenshin, I loved.
Old 2004-05-16, 10:34   Link #18
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
Peacemaker Kurogane is an absolutely awesome.

There were some tragic events that just put me into tears, to..
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-16, 11:27   Link #19
BanditKing

Some interesting news in ANN Report

When people ask ADV about Scrapped Princess DVD release.ADV say they Can't comment on that.

Does this mean that ADV has Scrapped Princess and don't want to comment on it or they want to make people think they have it?

who knows
Old 2004-05-16, 11:33   Link #20
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
Some interesting news in ANN Report

When people ask ADV about Scrapped Princess DVD release.ADV say they Can't comment on that.

Does this mean that ADV has Scrapped Princess and don't want to comment on it or they want to make people think they have it?

who knows
It's the standard reply that companies give when they don't want to show their hands.
Closed Thread