AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-05-17, 23:09   Link #21
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
No one translates people's names. They might try to romanize them differently...for instance "Maiku" -> "Mike" but they wouldn't translate their name. Point being that they still sound the same and if I were to call out "Maiku" or "Mike" that person would probably respond. Whereas if someone called out "Miss Cherry Blossom", I highly doubt a person named "Sakura" would respond.
Live-Evil did in Episode 77... had a blast watching 'Fish Cake' fighting to protect 'Cherry Blossom' and the 'ghetto boys' while they were fighting Rick James. As i recall, A-A were so impressed by their translation, they were going to drop Naruto and let Live-Evil take over!
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 00:39   Link #22
pookakitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge
Live-Evil did in Episode 77... had a blast watching 'Fish Cake' fighting to protect 'Cherry Blossom' and the 'ghetto boys' while they were fighting Rick James. As i recall, A-A were so impressed by their translation, they were going to drop Naruto and let Live-Evil take over!
Gotta love April Fool's.

Samantha
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 01:22   Link #23
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Sexy no jutsu was an english term they come up with, right? I'm not sure if heard it right, I tough it sounds different in japanese.
It's Oiroke no Jutsu in japanese, so yeah you're right, it's different :P I'd say that's more like "technique of seduction" but I guess Sexy no Jutsu sounds funny, heh heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge
Live-Evil did in Episode 77... had a blast watching 'Fish Cake' fighting to protect 'Cherry Blossom' and the 'ghetto boys' while they were fighting Rick James.
Yup, it was a real blast watching that xD too bad some people think it's us who released that ep and always sub like that, but I think that's worth it for all the laughs that release has given me xD "Yeah, she's right.. what IS that?"
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 03:48   Link #24
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
It's Oiroke no Jutsu in japanese, so yeah you're right, it's different :P I'd say that's more like "technique of seduction" but I guess Sexy no Jutsu sounds funny, heh heh.

Yup, it was a real blast watching that xD too bad some people think it's us who released that ep and always sub like that, but I think that's worth it for all the laughs that release has given me xD "Yeah, she's right.. what IS that?"
yeah, I think we pretty much always translated it "seduction technique".

I kinda wish we could get away with having as much fun as live-evil has with what we do though. Sometimes I think big "serious" groups are taking the whole fansubbing thing a little too seriously.
Old 2004-05-18, 07:40   Link #25
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
yeah, I think we pretty much always translated it "seduction technique".

I kinda wish we could get away with having as much fun as live-evil has with what we do though. Sometimes I think big "serious" groups are taking the whole fansubbing thing a little too seriously.
Use a rough-timed script and make up some fancy dialogue and release it a day or two prematurely on a fitting date, I promise we'll have quite the chaos going on here and it'll be hilarious to watch ^_^x actually I think we would've done something like that, if our first release hadn't been on the first of april xD
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote