AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-01-04, 17:06   Link #41
semmel
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
ah......ummm, ahhh, dammit......i feel useless

like i said my friend is japanese and if there is ppl gonna be needed, he is 100% willing to do it......he already translated an RPG......
He could just write a walkthrough which explains what the characters are saying-....
semmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 04:39   Link #42
jhui88
Anime Lover

Don't know if anyone has started downloading "MuvLuv" from N! yet (same group that posted KGNE DVD Game). I'm wondering if we can start MuvLuv discussion in this forum or should a new forum be formed? In a sense, MuvLuv is in the same world as KGNE...
jhui88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 04:57   Link #43
GUTB_

Quite honestly...Muvluv barely requires an advanced understanding of Japanese to understand what lies at the core of that one. The system is more highly developed compared to KgNE but everything potent and fresh and cutting edge about KgNE is exchanged for everything tired, stupid, and forumla in Muvluv. And it isn't just an non-Japanese viewpoint thing, as I have found several Japanese review sites that basically complain about the same thing. In fact, they all seem to pretty much agree that the game is poor-to-mediocre, only propped up marginally by the superior rUGP game system.
Old 2004-01-05, 09:09   Link #44
bluemist
i am the mist

I have to ask:

What's with the superior rUGP game system? In my limited view of bishoujo games, all of them seem to have a same basic gaming engine. Coz they all seem to run the same way, you know, dialogue pops up, CG changes, etc. Sorry if I'm new at this.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 10:09   Link #45
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

In the rUGP engine, the err... 'camera' pans around the scenes, and the char sprites have the ability to somewhat move about. Not very advanced, but I've yet to see this degree of motion in other hgame... i mean ero-game engines.

P.S. = Miki is tha bomb in Muvluv
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 15:27   Link #46
bluemist
i am the mist

Ok, I get it somehow. You mean the ability of the engine to manipulate CG, character sprites and also some special effects?
Old 2004-01-05, 17:08   Link #47
ThunderForceX
萌え同盟の変態ロリコン会長

heh, take the rUGP system to extreme, and you get your self a 白詰草話 -Episode of the Clovers, and soon Quartett .... hehehehehehe *evil grin
now, that's what I called cutting edge ero-game engine .. LOL floating point system is the future... ^_-

Last edited by ThunderForceX; 2004-01-05 at 23:04.
ThunderForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:19   Link #48
GUTB_

It's not the Doom 3 engine, but in the realm of the ero industry it is (apparantly) the best. I have to admit that it has a great deal of functionality compared to others I've seen -- and it's just not my limited exposure, as every Japanese review site I've come across tends to rate the "system" portion of every rUGP game a 10 or a 9. It can do things like zooming in and out, various screen manipulations such as color filters, shaking and rotating, in addition to sprite animations, transition effects, and overlay effects. Having recently loaded up Muvluv, I can tell you the manipulation of this system is more advanced than in KgNE, which itself was superior to the other games I've played. In addition to these effects is the great deal of player utility it has, such as frame-skipping, fast-forward, backwards skipping, text and speech history, already-viewed-scene-skipping (so if you go back to a previous save point and pick another route, it can rapidly fast forward through all the stuff you've already seen and stop and new content). Plus a bunch of other stuff.
Old 2004-01-06, 05:07   Link #49
bluemist
i am the mist

And so you mean I already started seeing the 'cream of the crop' of bishoujo gaming engines?

And it's my first 21st century bishoujo game to boot!
Old 2004-01-07, 10:32   Link #50
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I doubted that N.America have any sizable market for games like KGNE.

Here in my country, H game is very prolific and easy to get. Some of friends turn into hardcore H gamers for long time.
Old 2006-08-12, 12:10   Link #51
Fduch

Send a message via ICQ to Fduch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
KIMINOZO ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!

Yo ppl.......my friend saw the Kiminozo eps.....and i have the game DVD Specifications......and he said...IF there is some one that knows how to hack in to the game...to re-write all the TEXT.......my friend WILL TRANSLATE IT!!!!!
yes hes Japanese.....and he liked it so much that he will translate it ASAP ......and than i will translate it to SPANISH (maybe no one cares but......)

so If anyone out there knows how to hack in that and change the text.......he WILL TRANSLATE!!! for SURE......!!!!!!!
well there is a tool to unpack KGNE data, to extract strings and to put everything back http://www.geocities.com/kolya_kgne/RIODecode/kgne.html
Fduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 05:14   Link #52
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

summerdays and schooldays use RUGP, so its definately a capable program.
Old 2006-08-21, 14:47   Link #53
Aradni

I'm just wondering, does the dvd game have voices? Because mine doesn't have any.
Aradni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 01:51   Link #54
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yes it is supposed to have voices for the girls.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-08-28 at 02:01.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 13:46   Link #55
ono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
summerdays and schooldays use RUGP, so its definately a capable program.
In fact, it's only the Summer Days that use RUGP, and only as some sort of wrapper around their own engine.

Also, even though this thread smells of necromancy somewhat, guess I'd better advertise the AceStarleaf's KGNE translation project, found here. This must be the best place to turn to if you want to help.
ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 07:41   Link #56
johnnybabe

small translation request

if u can read japanese,pls kindly spend some time to translate these screenshots from the game.thanks
also it would be great if u can type japanese beside their english meanings,the screenshots are numbered

warning,this is a walkthrough of the kgne game without the hentai
pre-coma route 1

pre-coma route 2
Spoiler:

Last edited by johnnybabe; 2006-10-11 at 12:52. Reason: "Hiding" images in spoiler tags doesn't help. All images are downloaded even if the spoiler if never opened.
johnnybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 13:13   Link #57
johnnybabe

space reserved for i might need it
johnnybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 20:38   Link #58
phrozenassid

Well... I have some good news for anyone who reads this. Personally, I loved the anime (yell at me if u will, but I'm a Mistuki fan =P ). So I decided I was gonna give the game a try.

Frankly, I believe the fact that no one has translated this game into english so people can see what's going on is appalling, therefore, I recently unpacked all of the text in the game and broke the RIO apart and have decided to start translating it myself. I hope to have this done as Christmas approaches and i get breaks in college. It won't be the most perfect translation but here is the game plan (cuz I love doing stuff like this.)

1) Now that I have the files I'm gonna throw all the Japanese in something like babelfish or another program and translate everything to some junky english.

2) I'll go back and make the sentences actually readable so you can understand the storyline.

3) I'll upload the repacked and newly translated .RIO and .RIO.ICI into a torrent or other form (some way that I can get people to help me spread it around).

I'll bookmark this page, so if anyone can think of the best way to spread it around once I finish, I'd be more than happy to consider it. As of now, I'll keep on translating this game.

Hopefully I'll have some results soon. Wish me luck guys. =D

(No this isn't a joke, I'm actually gonna translate it. ^^ )
phrozenassid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 17:21   Link #59
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozenassid View Post
Well... I have some good news for anyone who reads this. Personally, I loved the anime (yell at me if u will, but I'm a Mistuki fan =P ). So I decided I was gonna give the game a try.

Frankly, I believe the fact that no one has translated this game into english so people can see what's going on is appalling, therefore, I recently unpacked all of the text in the game and broke the RIO apart and have decided to start translating it myself. I hope to have this done as Christmas approaches and i get breaks in college. It won't be the most perfect translation but here is the game plan (cuz I love doing stuff like this.)

1) Now that I have the files I'm gonna throw all the Japanese in something like babelfish or another program and translate everything to some junky english.

2) I'll go back and make the sentences actually readable so you can understand the storyline.

3) I'll upload the repacked and newly translated .RIO and .RIO.ICI into a torrent or other form (some way that I can get people to help me spread it around).

I'll bookmark this page, so if anyone can think of the best way to spread it around once I finish, I'd be more than happy to consider it. As of now, I'll keep on translating this game.

Hopefully I'll have some results soon. Wish me luck guys. =D

(No this isn't a joke, I'm actually gonna translate it. ^^ )
No offense or anything, but you're like the 8th person who has said they are going to do this....so I'll believe it when it's done.
Old 2006-11-05, 13:36   Link #60
ono

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybabe View Post
if u can read japanese,pls kindly spend some time to translate these screenshots from the game.thanks
also it would be great if u can type japanese beside their english meanings,the screenshots are numbered

warning,this is a walkthrough of the kgne game without the hentai
Not sure if translating only these will help - you won't be able to understand the meaning of turning points' options without being able to read at least some text before them.

Anyway, here goes - with a short explanation of what happens. Also - I don't know Japanese that good, so I could've made some mistakes. I learned what I know of Japanese just to be able to read through kiminozo.

Route 1:
Spoiler:

Route 2:
Spoiler:

PS. It's interesting to see interest in kiminozo coming and going on these forums. I wonder if it's the change of seasons that's to blame.
ono is offline   Reply With Quote