AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-19, 06:06   Link #21
IntegraTypeR

How many level 48 elf swords-man will be there?
Old 2004-05-19, 10:53   Link #22
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
keeping the number of participants small is a good thing. You cannot follow chats with many people over IRC.
true... ... but doesnt everone here have a dual monitor setup???

hmm... mebbe i can talk my friend into seeing it with me... ... so we can both get in on this
Old 2004-05-19, 12:17   Link #23
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I would definatly join! ^^
Waii for party
Old 2004-05-19, 13:34   Link #24
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Ok after two days and some positive responses, let's begin the discussion on the time. Venue is pretty much set in the same network as Animesuki's official IRC channel (irc.zirc.org) and I will choose the channel we will have the party in. The next question (and also the hardest) is the time.

Time
1) The party has to be done over the weekend, to accommodate people who have to work or go to school on weekdays.
2) The time should not be close to Monday morning, so it does not affect those who have to work/study on Monday.
3) The time should fit timezones for the U.S., Europe, and possibly East Asia. However, like I mentioned before, we could split the party into two sessions, one for U.S-Europe, the other for Europe-Asia, or some variation.

Therefore, based on the above criteria that I can think of, I am suggesting Saturday evening U.S. Eastern Time (6 pm). EDIT: This would be 2200 UTC (converter link) . For those in U.S. Pacific Time, it would be in the afternoon, and for those in Europe, it could be early Sunday morning (midnight or later). People in East Asia would have the party on Sunday morning (+/- 6 am).

Each party session should not be longer than two hours, and previously it's usually less than that (1 ~ 1.5 hours). This means we watch about 3 episodes each time (sometimes more if we end on a cliffhanger and most participants have the next episode downloaded).

Ok, now the party duration and time is open to discussion!

Last edited by Cz; 2004-05-19 at 16:08.
Old 2004-05-19, 14:38   Link #25
ato
Oups...

Ok, just to be a bit nitpicky, let's just keep to UTC in order to facilitate peace on Earth and a harmonious coexistance of all species, huh?
Old 2004-05-19, 18:01   Link #26
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
3 in the afternoon eh?

... .... might be able to make it.

what series are we watching?
Old 2004-05-19, 18:48   Link #27
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
I like six although I think 7 or 8 would be better considering dinner, breakfast or lunch...

And for anime selection my votes goes to Nanami Chan,
Keroro Gunsou
and Kanon!

Last edited by Bun-kun; 2004-05-20 at 12:18.
Old 2004-05-20, 15:08   Link #28
HoboGod
Necromancer

i nominate Madlax. chick with guns = damn good show.
Old 2004-05-22, 14:36   Link #29
Love Witch
Trying to think...

Yahoo! When are we starting again? I'm looking forward!

I don't have any comment on the series, I just hope I haven't seen them yet.But I'm in the mood for some comedy, but please don't do mecha!

In a few weeks I have my exams , so I hope I can still jump in again after that.

I'll see you guys in the IRC channel!

PS: I think it would be handy to do a poll to find out which region has the most participants for picking a good time! I hope there will be a lot of people from Europe!
Old 2004-05-22, 14:48   Link #30
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Melody of Oblivion is a series, only 3 eps are released so far, but they're soooo weird there is lot to talk about (endless amounts of giant talking babies from a small truck in episode 3, bull-busses...... etc.) Then again, it might be a bit too weird. I dunno :P

I can't wait to see the schedule. I'll probably catch up (or if it's really that bad I'l just join in halfway :P). Hopefully it's osmething I've watched.

EDIT: At this point of time it's such a pity that Paranoia Agent is licensed. That is such a wonderful mind-screwing anime to talk about...
I put my nomination in Melody of Oblivion as well--there shall be plenty to talk about, mythology, symbolism, dairy queen...
Old 2004-05-22, 16:13   Link #31
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmm, I'm not getting enough comments and responses regarding the time. If I make it later than 2200 UTC people in Europe will probably find it too late. I am beginning to think that 2100 UTC might be a good time (that means 5 pm EDT, 2 pm on the U.S. west coast). If there are no more suggestions we will stick with that and continue on with series discussion.

We already have a few series suggestions:
1) Melody of Oblivion
2) Nanami Chan
3) Keroro Gunsou
4) Kanon
5) Madlax

More comments needed.

P.S. Thanks to whoever made this thread sticky again.

EDIT: Dogtato? Who would want to watch that?

Last edited by Cz; 2004-05-22 at 22:11.
Old 2004-05-22, 17:39   Link #32
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Where the heck is Dogtato?
Old 2004-05-22, 22:19   Link #33
HoboGod
Necromancer

hey, what about that really crappy show about the midget maid creature that has no clothes?
Old 2004-05-23, 12:16   Link #34
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Therefore, based on the above criteria that I can think of, I am suggesting Saturday evening U.S. Eastern Time (6 pm). EDIT: This would be 2200 UTC (converter link) . For those in U.S. Pacific Time, it would be in the afternoon, and for those in Europe, it could be early Sunday morning (midnight or later). People in East Asia would have the party on Sunday morning (+/- 6 am).
That means, for people here in Sweden it will be:
18:00:00 Sat May 29 2004 in US/Eastern converts to
00:00:00 Sun May 30 2004 in Europe/Stockholm

That's perfect!

I just feel bad for those who live in East Asia. That early in the morning? Hmm.
Well, I won't complain FOR them. :P
Old 2004-05-23, 20:38   Link #35
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Hmmm.. I would rather 6 EST. That is, if I am around on Saturday. Usually, I am busy at that time. -_- As for suggestions, I am uncertain what the criteria is for them. But here are my suggestions.

Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai
It is a love story, with action, and weirdness. Excellent animation, some plot, some mystery, overall I am enjoying it.

Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujotai)
Very short ~ 10 minutes per episode. However, lots of story packed into them.

Condor Hero
For those whom are not following the story, it is great. The quality of the fansubs are not the best, but story is worth the look.

Planet ES
Space drama. This is a very realistic series. The ending I truly loved.
Old 2004-05-23, 21:47   Link #36
Imazul

How about Monster ? (might be too popular or not everyones genre)

I conquer for Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Old 2004-05-23, 22:06   Link #37
Hoshiko

Hey I think the original time you picked is great. 6:00pm U.S. Eastern would make it around 7:00pm my time so I know the majority of the U.S. will be covered under a decent time. For Europe and Asia a second session sounds like the best plan. I really like your idea. It will be a great way for the anime community to connect! lol Oh, and for anime I really like:
Midori no Hibi
Kyou Kara Maou
and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne.
Kyou Kara Maou seems like it would appeal to the most people. :-D
Old 2004-05-24, 01:41   Link #38
ato
Oups...

I would be more in favour of 21.00 UTC, but I might be able to make it even later (can't vouch for my intoxication levels though, hehe).

HoboGod might be meaning to suggest Ebichu - The houskeeping hamster. That would be an excellent choice (as in "hysterically funny"), but I'm afraid it probably won't be very amusing for the younger crowd.

I'm still all for something sufficiently bad. Remember - You'll be looking at the IRC window a lot, so forget anything more subtle

Last edited by ato; 2004-05-24 at 03:14.
Old 2004-05-24, 01:49   Link #39
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
How about Monster ? (might be too popular or not everyones genre)
I like Monster, but I don't think it would be that suitable for a party of this kind. We should choose a fun anime, instead of a serious one!
Old 2004-05-24, 02:02   Link #40
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
I would be more in favour of 21.00 UTC, but I night be able to make it even later (can't vouch for my inoxication levels though, hehe).

HoboGod might be meaning to suggest Ebichu - The houskeeping hamster. That would be an excellent choice (as in "hysterically funny"), but I'm afraid it probably won't be very fun for the younger crowd.

I'm still all for something sufficiently bad. Remember - You'll be looking at the IRC window a lot, so forget anything more subtle
nope... after about 30 minutes of looking through the animesuki list, i found it, the anime is called Pugyuru.

i swear, that show is just fucked up....
Closed Thread