AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-28, 01:18   Link #61
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I won't be able to make it this weekend since I am going out of town, but make sure to count me in on the rough estimate. Anything is fine by me to watch.

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Old 2004-05-28, 03:38   Link #62
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
I won't be able to make it this weekend since I am going out of town, but make sure to count me in on the rough estimate. Anything is fine by me to watch.
as lwl said, it isn't this weekend, we are still sorting out what to watch, when to watch it, and how many ppl will be joining. that will take a while. ^_^

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
Old 2004-05-28, 09:44   Link #63
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
as lwl said, it isn't this weekend, we are still sorting out what to watch, when to watch it, and how many ppl will be joining. that will take a while. ^_^
Yea, I understood that. It was the "how many people will be joining" that I was posting about. Some people on IRC already knew that, but I wanted to make sure others knew more would be showing up in case the turn out for the poll and "rough estimate" was low.

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Old 2004-05-28, 11:45   Link #64
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Even though this weekend's session isn't a real anime party, I do hope everyone who can make it will at least show up for a while so we can get a rough estimate as well as to narrow down the list of anime to watch to a couple of series.

The only short anime that I know on the list is Tweeny Witches (since someone pointed that out). I hope it's as good as Rizelmine was (and that has short episodes too).
Old 2004-05-29, 00:06   Link #65
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Tweeny Witches is good so far. I will not be able to make it to this meeting at 6:00 Saturday. Memorial day weekend is when my family gets together. I will check in monday to see how things turned out. Who knows more people may show up and give better suggestions on anime.

Hmm more suggestions: (Older series)

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
(The Jungle was always peaceful then came Guu) Title says everything. One of the most hilarious series out there. I almost bust a gut laughing at this anime.

Any Miyazaki film not yet licensed: (Future Boy Conan, Akage no Anne, etc.)
Conan is an excellent series... Not certain about Anne... Miyazaki films
Old 2004-05-29, 17:38   Link #66
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

About 10 minutes left until the inofficial, preliminary IRC party?

I hope it goes well!

Tweeny Witches might be good! But when we watch a series, should we watch from the beginning or just the latest episode? If it is the latter, I'll have to dl the previous ones too. :\
Old 2004-05-29, 17:43   Link #67
Love Witch
Trying to think...

Here's my comment if anybody is interrested:
I'm all confused with the time, because of the daylight saving time thing, we've got around here. I'd like the earliest moment possible, because I think 22:00 UTC is already midnight?

My comments on the suggestions:

1) Melody of Oblivion
sounds nice to me ^_^

2) Kanon
Too many people have seen it, like me

3) How about occasionally adding OVA's ?

Edit: 22:00 UTC is 00:00 my time, therefore I'd like to have future parties at 21:00 or earlier, if that's ok with you guys
Old 2004-05-29, 17:51   Link #68
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmm, I forgot the location. It's in the #animesuki.party channel on irc.zirc.org. Sorry.

Wait, I did mention it: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=48
Once we finalize everthing, the details for the party will be in the first post of another thread I will create for the discussion of the party's contents.
Old 2004-05-29, 18:39   Link #69
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Just a quick comment about the preliminary party we just had.

Where were everyone?! We topped at 9 people! Come on! We need more people! Try to spread the word until next week! Bring all your (anime-interested) friends and tell them to come to the channel!

22.00 UTC is 00.00 CET (Central European Time = Stockholm, Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Vienna and so on), just so you know.
And it's 23.00 GMT. Right?

And if the time will be 21.30, you'll just have to subtract a half hour from your previous calculation!
Old 2004-05-29, 18:41   Link #70
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
And it's 23.00 GMT. Right?
2200h GMT actually... 2300 BST
Old 2004-05-29, 18:42   Link #71
Cz
Needs more sleep~

A few people turned up in #animesuki.party today for the preliminary party discussion. We have decided on the following series (and fansub versions) for the actual party beginning next week:
  • Tweeny Witches [AnimeForever]
  • Gilgamesh [AnimeForever]
  • Madlax [ANBU & Lunar]

NOTE: Those who were not present but plan to be present can still make comments on the above series. Just make sure we decide on it fast so we have time to download them for the party. Otherwise I think we are all set on the series to watch.

The plan goes like this: Each week we watch one episode (or two, depending on circumstances like cliffhangers and episode availablity) from each of the above series. So start downloading the first (and maybe second ep) from each of them before the coming Saturday.

Time: From the earlier poll most people are fine with 2200 UTC. However, a few people want it at 2100 UTC. How about we compromise and start the party at 2130 UTC? Any objections?

IMPORTANT: We expect those who make suggestions here for different times and anime to actually come to the party because otherwise you should not comment on these details.
Old 2004-05-29, 21:12   Link #72
Hoshiko

2130 UTC sounds fine to me and so does the series you guys picked. I haven't seem any of them so it should be interesting. I'm sorry I missed the meeting on IRC I ended up being an hour late but I wasn't the only one who missed it too, so I wouldn't underestimate that amount of people who are comming.
Old 2004-05-29, 22:54   Link #73
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
crap... I forgot sorry >__< I wasnt doing anything today either.. booo

Im down for the line up. I did start Madlax but got lazy on keeping up on my shows so Im good for watching it ^_^
Old 2004-05-31, 02:52   Link #74
HoboGod
Necromancer

i forgot to make it as well, i been having a buzy day. bought a computer for my mom because i missed mother's day. 120 bucks and i got 660 meg proccessor, 20 gig hdd, 256 ram, network card with 30 feet of network cable, cd-rom drive, and a pretty good moniter. damn i love rummage sales. ^_^

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
Old 2004-05-31, 16:43   Link #75
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

SiL Eighty and HoboGod:
In the name of the moon, we will punish you for being forgetful and busy! ^^

So it's decided? 2130 UTC?
Old 2004-05-31, 20:19   Link #76
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Interesting lineup. I shall put these into my download list. I will make it a point to visit #animesuki.party on Saturday.

Saturdays - 2130 UTC = 2130 GMT = 5:30 p.m. EDT (U.S. Eastern Daylight Time)
Old 2004-06-02, 12:22   Link #77
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

So the deal is:

Download the first episode of each anime until Saturday, and we will watch it all at 2130 UTC.

Right?
Old 2004-06-02, 22:23   Link #78
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Yup. Refer to the schedule thread in the future for schedule updates and discussions/comments on the party.
Closed Thread