AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-18, 16:14   Link #1
state_alchemist

The Sins and what they are!!

OK, here's another question for you guys. I know that Lust, Envy, Greed, and the rest of the group are called "The Sins," but what exactly are the sins? But to be more percise, if they are "sins", what type of sins are they? Are they called "sins" because body alchemy was done to create them???? If anyone can answer this, I will be most happy.
Old 2004-05-18, 16:22   Link #2
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

They are more specifically called 'Homonculus'. I'm not sure if they call themselves the Sins, but they do call themselves the names of Sins.

What's been revealed is that this is possibly not the first time there has been all 7 (From what Greed and Envy talked about). It's possible there were 7 back when Greed was sealed by Envy, but that has not been concretely sealed.

It seems they are born with the Ourourboras(whateverspelling) symbol upon their body, but where they got it from isn't known in the Anime. From the explanation I got about Wrath in the Anime, his ability seems to be forming his body with alchemy into chimeas, which would mean he was born with it.

They are created when the misshapen blob formed by failed Human Transmutation 'matures'. This seems to imply it does it on it's own, as Wraith was misshapen at birth. Depending on what Ed did to the Mother-blob, it could of then matured into Sloth, outside the concerns of chronology.

It is known that human transmutation is a sin, and apparently even the Homonculus hate it being done, since they wish to be human and get souls (apparently). There's a lot of if's and's but's and unknown's, such as what happens if another attempt is made after 7, or where exactly they get the abilities from, et cetera.

It is known that Hoenheim wrote a research paper on homonculus creation. Which implies he at least witnessed it being done, or heard many reports. What link he has with them (Envy knows Hoenheim at least) isn't fully known.
Old 2004-05-19, 05:42   Link #3
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
OK, here's another question for you guys. I know that Lust, Envy, Greed, and the rest of the group are called "The Sins," but what exactly are the sins? But to be more percise, if they are "sins", what type of sins are they? Are they called "sins" because body alchemy was done to create them???? If anyone can answer this, I will be most happy.
No offense; but I got to admit that you ask the most stupidist of questions around. Why is that the case? Do you even watch FMA? Or is it because you're still in the early arcs of FMA?
Old 2004-05-19, 14:44   Link #4
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Bah, nothing wrong with questions! God knows I've misheard or misnoticed some things until I saw it written down somewhere later and went 'oooh'.
Old 2004-05-19, 20:25   Link #5
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Bah, nothing wrong with questions! God knows I've misheard or misnoticed some things until I saw it written down somewhere later and went 'oooh'.
No kidding I remember I received episodes 3-13 from a friend (I had DLed 1 and 2 myself) and they were alternating every few episodes from AKeep&ANBU to Sonchou, so it kept switching from State Alchemist to Nationally Certified Alchemist, and was reading TW's manga releases at the same time which said National Alchemist, and I thought they were all different! Still, that definitely got me REALLY confused at parts

Hmm... we've had Greed lost in a cloud of smoke, and now Greed punching Ed and Greed jumping really high... the question is, will we ever find perfection -- the pimp dashing? We can always dream, Zauren...
Old 2004-05-19, 22:35   Link #6
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Zauren, Fighter Volk:

Eat your hearts out. XD
Old 2004-05-19, 22:39   Link #7
Scrumhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Zauren, Fighter Volk:

Eat your hearts out. XD
Who that? O_O
Old 2004-05-19, 22:46   Link #8
Jeebs
Ooga Booga

Send a message via AIM to Jeebs
sasuke from naruto doing chidori/raikiri
Old 2004-05-19, 23:00   Link #9
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Zauren, Fighter Volk:

Eat your hearts out. XD
lol .. whats sasuke doing here ? * sigh * another sin thread...
Old 2004-05-19, 23:06   Link #10
Scrumhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs
sasuke from naruto doing chidori/raikiri
Sasuke? Naruto?
Old 2004-05-19, 23:32   Link #11
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
lol .. whats sasuke doing here ? * sigh * another sin thread...
He's competing in the 50kb-dash. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Sasuke? Naruto?
Sasuke is one of the major characters from the series "Naruto" titled after the character.
Old 2004-05-20, 01:16   Link #12
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Wow... that IS a good Dash! But not as good as the original I hand-picked, though! I still think only Gluttony matched that seamless Dashing. Who was it that commented on the dashing-pattern originally? I forget...

But... Whoa. Dashing Pimp? That would be too perfect. But I still want a Dashing Scar more. I'm not sure, who's better? Scar or Greed? Choices choices! We've seen so little of scar-boy except his badass moment in 25 showing he's still the man! =(

Erm... I think we took over this thread.
Old 2004-05-20, 16:23   Link #13
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Heh heh. I'm up for creating an Ultimate Thread of Dashing, which would obviously turn into something in which only Zauren and I posted pretty quickly But that's an excellent dash. I admit I started to like Sasuke less and less after his awesome role in the Wave Country Arc... but anyway, I like FMA more than Naruto, but that's a mighty good competitor anyway. And explosions, too!

Dashing Scar would be pretty scary, especially if sparks were coming out of his arm >:-)
Old 2004-05-20, 17:02   Link #14
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

I've seen a couple Scar dashes, but they wouldn't loop well. I am so sad. Hopefully he might do a good one in the next episode. Getting one with him sparklingly ready to attack with a lined background... *drool*

And I've only got to 25 or so in Naruto. I don't like it nearly as much as FMA, but I will admit that Zabuza in 19 was the most badass moment in any Anime I've seen. Now THAT WAS THE DASH TO END ALL DASHES!
Old 2004-05-20, 17:40   Link #15
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
I've seen a couple Scar dashes, but they wouldn't loop well. I am so sad. Hopefully he might do a good one in the next episode. Getting one with him sparklingly ready to attack with a lined background... *drool*

And I've only got to 25 or so in Naruto. I don't like it nearly as much as FMA, but I will admit that Zabuza in 19 was the most badass moment in any Anime I've seen. Now THAT WAS THE DASH TO END ALL DASHES!
Ohhh yeah. Did you see that dude who has that sequence as an avatar? SO DAMN COOL!!! Speaking of Naruto, the Wave Country Arc is still my favorite, perhaps due to some sort of nostalgia or other It's still good up to the current episode IMO, but FMA is definitely better.
Old 2004-05-20, 18:35   Link #16
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

I saw that avatar before I saw Naruto, and thought it was badass and wondered where it came from. I didn't recognize it as Zabuza until he asked Naruto for his knife. Then I was '!'. Then he caught it. And I was 'DAMN!' Definately my favorite badass Anime moment ever. FMA has none that compare to me =( I'd watch more but my 25 and 26 are corrupted.

Erm, wait, that's in the wrong forum. I'll take anything else into PM.

...So wait, what's the question we're supposed to be talking about? We filled a page with dashing antics. Oh! Yes. Uh. I think Envy was a guy before from his personality in retrospect. Sarcastic, abusive, malicious... Much more a bastard trait. And he'd remember gender, but if he became a cute girl Lust would get jealous. =)
Closed Thread