AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

View Poll Results: which do u Prefer, Manga, or ANime?
MANGA!!! 70 41.42%
ANiME!! 99 58.58%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-21, 22:41   Link #21
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Manga vs Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
=__= And where did you pull that statistic out of, fanboi?

My favorite animes are almost all original stories. Probably because I just don't watch animes from mangas that I've read, and if I like an anime from a manga I haven't read then I just go read the manga. Then there are the animes made from mangas that suck... doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen. Anyway, at least 1 or 2 shows every season are not from mangas. And generally all mangas adapted from anime suck. Terribly.
first of all, u are probably born into a English-speaking society(im not saying u are, im saying u probably....and so wut if u arent?) anyway, there are only very few Manga adapted from anime, comparing to the amount of anime adapted from Manga.(which means Anime is not as good as the original manga cuz its not the "original". Also, u should know that the Animes adapted from Manga are almost COMPLETELY DRAWN BY ASSISTANCES ONLY. ANd relating back to the first sentence, English manga is CRAP when comparing it to those that are NOT translated(meaning its IN JAp, of course), or Translated into Asian Languages(ALOT more Alike, culturally and etc)....alsO, English pusblishers like to use Crappy paper. and mr.SNOOPY, if u are SOOOO Great, why don't u name a whole list of Manga that are adpated from Anime, and compare it to a list of Anime taht is adapted from Manga? also, the Manga wif Not so Man0y Volume(less then 10?) are Usually never Made into Anime, meaning alot of the Good Manga will never be made into ANime, meaning U,anime fans, will be missing out on a great deal of stuff.....and nothing is better then having Better pictures.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 22:52   Link #22
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaBoi1989
first of all, u are probably born into a English-speaking society(im not saying u are, im saying u probably....and so wut if u arent?) anyway, there are only very few Manga adapted from anime, comparing to the amount of anime adapted from Manga.(which means Anime is not as good as the original manga cuz its not the "original". Also, u should know that the Animes adapted from Manga are almost COMPLETELY DRAWN BY ASSISTANCES ONLY. ANd relating back to the first sentence, English manga is CRAP when comparing it to those that are NOT translated(meaning its IN JAp, of course), or Translated into Asian Languages(ALOT more Alike, culturally and etc)....alsO, English pusblishers like to use Crappy paper. and mr.SNOOPY, if u are SOOOO Great, why don't u name a whole list of Manga that are adpated from Anime, and compare it to a list of Anime taht is adapted from Manga? also, the Manga wif Not so Man0y Volume(less then 10?) are Usually never Made into Anime, meaning alot of the Good Manga will never be made into ANime, meaning U,anime fans, will be missing out on a great deal of stuff.....and nothing is better then having Better pictures.
...i'm very sorry but i don't see the point in this post
english manga translators TRANSLATIONS aren't the problem, it's the localization (AKA Mr. Evil Editing Guy) that borks everything up.
English manga is not crap, it's almost always (a scant few older exceptions) the exact same story as the japanese version, the companies just try to appeal to EVERYONE (people like those who post here are only part of their demographic, they also have to think about the people who don't know jack about anime/manga, fansubbers/scanlators don't have to deal with "localization" so of course FANS (thus "fansub", by fans for fans) would be miffed that some of the puns and concepts that wouldn't make sense in english anyway (even though they sound cooler in japanese sometimes..."chuunin" sounds a lot better than "journeyman" for instance...and the target audience for the manga i'm talking about wouldn't know wtf a journeyman is anyway)
if you have to complain about a translation, learn the language it was originally produced in and buy those
btw, Snoopy doesn't read american releases from what he says...
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 23:53   Link #23
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaboi1989
first of all, u are probably born into a English-speaking society(im not saying u are, im saying u probably....and so wut if u arent?) anyway, there are only very few Manga adapted from anime, comparing to the amount of anime adapted from Manga.(which means Anime is not as good as the original manga cuz its not the "original". Also, u should know that the Animes adapted from Manga are almost COMPLETELY DRAWN BY ASSISTANCES ONLY. ANd relating back to the first sentence, English manga is CRAP when comparing it to those that are NOT translated(meaning its IN JAp, of course), or Translated into Asian Languages(ALOT more Alike, culturally and etc)....alsO, English pusblishers like to use Crappy paper. and mr.SNOOPY, if u are SOOOO Great, why don't u name a whole list of Manga that are adpated from Anime, and compare it to a list of Anime taht is adapted from Manga? also, the Manga wif Not so Man0y Volume(less then 10?) are Usually never Made into Anime, meaning alot of the Good Manga will never be made into ANime, meaning U,anime fans, will be missing out on a great deal of stuff.....and nothing is better then having Better pictures.

Mangaboi (a term I'd usually use as an insult, btw), do you have any clue who I am? I assume you don't, which is an interesting paradox because I don't know who you are, either. The only difference is that lots of people know me, while you are a loser.

Now. Let us go through my post and observe... whatever the hell it is that you missed.

"=__= And where did you pull that statistic out of, fanboi?"

This was refering to your "99% of all animes are from mangas" quote. Which is a statistic and which is wrong. You lose 1 point.

"My favorite animes are almost all original stories. Probably because I just don't watch animes from mangas that I've read, and if I like an anime from a manga I haven't read then I just go read the manga."

This says, in less words and smaller words, that I read manga instead of anime when the manga is available. Also that the only anime I bother watching is made for TV (not adapted from anything).

"Then there are the animes made from mangas that suck... doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen."

I can't rephrase this one to make it understandable by stupid ears, and you didn't say anything stupid in response to it so I assume you actually understood it.

"Anyway, at least 1 or 2 shows every season are not from mangas. And generally all mangas adapted from anime suck. Terribly."

I apologize if me telling you that manga adaptations of anime suck offends you enough to agree with me. Dumbass.


Now I would go into an explaination of why you're a fool based solely on the post I quoted above, but you've done such a wonderful job that I see no reason to bother.

BTW, this is me.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:24   Link #24
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
OKAY OKAY~~~ There is No reason to argue anymore(i wasnt the one that started this, i only started poll) And i didnt say english manga is Crap, i said it was not as good(or Crappier) then THose that are translated into Asian Languages(cuz some jokes and stuff u just simply wont get in English)

here is the thing, im here, just to say that I THINK manga is better, u may choose to believe it or not, so go say w/e, cuz i have my Bias, and u have urs(even tho the majority thinks that manga is better)

99% is just a expression as in, almost all. just go make a list of manga that are adapted from anime, then make a list of Anime adapted from manga, and compare the 2
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:27   Link #25
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
o ya, btw, i didnt bother reading all of ur stuff(and thats the reason why i didnt respond to all of ur points) cuz i find it....boring(o ya, the "Manga" is winning in the poll)..............and i dun read english manga either(from wut my friends says(yes they are acutally Jap) they thinks Manga is best in Chinese or Korean, if not in Jap. and remember, its my bias that i fink manga is better, therefor i prefer it, choose w/e want......and Snoopy, dun kill urself from excessive dehydration
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:34   Link #26
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
Yes. You have this giant sign on your forehead that says "Snoopy, pick on me." And I simply don't ignore people like that.

I pointed you to my site to inform you that I speak Japanese, and translate mangas and am fully aware of the truth you speak, as well as the miss-truth that you argued with me using. And I found it quite humorous and indeed hope that you would please continue.

And yeah, I know the lists are two different sizes. I said 1 or 2 series are not based on manga every season. And that manga based on anime are almost all terrible. In fact, I agree with you, and actually stated as much. But your argument for why manga is king is totally stupid and I find it necessary to run you into the ground to keep the manga community stupidity-free.

BTW, fan translations actually explain cultural things... sometimes in great detail when needed. Dumbass.

Edit: Manga is winning because this is a manga forum, dipshit. Put it in general and you'd have fanbois clawing at your rectum telling you that music is more important that storyline. And you'd probably call them stupid americans or something and leave crying.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:37   Link #27
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Yes. You have this giant sign on your forehead that says "Snoopy, pick on me." And I simply don't ignore people like that.

I pointed you to my site to inform you that I speak Japanese, and translate mangas and am fully aware of the truth you speak, as well as the miss-truth that you argued with me using. And I found it quite humorous and indeed hope that you would please continue.

And yeah, I know the lists are two different sizes. I said 1 or 2 series are not based on manga every season. And that manga based on anime are almost all terrible. In fact, I agree with you, and actually stated as much. But your argument for why manga is king is totally stupid and I find it necessary to run you into the ground to keep the manga community stupidity-free.

BTW, fan translations actually explain cultural things... sometimes in great detail when needed. Dumbass.
jokes are not funny when they have to be explained, if u hadnt already noticed....hey btw, i fink u are pretty stupid too :S (of course thats my bias, and same goes for u, w/e u may think is ur bias)
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:45   Link #28
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
......... Hey everyone, MangaBoi finks I'm stupid.


And I hope you didn't think I was explaining a joke... idunno, maybe you did. Just fyi, I haven't posted a joke since the dehydration over sperm loss bit. And if you were joking, I'd like an explaination 'cause I totally missed it through the spelling and grammar mistakes. And perhaps I missed the explaination, too... considering the placement of your post.

Edit: Wait, the dehydration thing wasn't even in this topic. I haven't joked at all in this one. Just pointed out your stupidity.

And while I'm editing, I'd like to know why I'm stupid. You know, concrete reasons as to why you are more intelligent than me.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:57   Link #29
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
......... Hey everyone, MangaBoi finks I'm stupid.


And I hope you didn't think I was explaining a joke... idunno, maybe you did. Just fyi, I haven't posted a joke since the dehydration over sperm loss bit. And if you were joking, I'd like an explaination 'cause I totally missed it through the spelling and grammar mistakes. And perhaps I missed the explaination, too... considering the placement of your post.

Edit: Wait, the dehydration thing wasn't even in this topic. I haven't joked at all in this one. Just pointed out your stupidity.

And while I'm editing, I'd like to know why I'm stupid. You know, concrete reasons as to why you are more intelligent than me.
sure thing, just to prove it to u, in the posts above, i never said anything about me being smartER then u(o ya, this IS a Anime site, so ppl coming to this site and coming to the Manga section are both fans of Anime and manga.)

Last edited by MangaBoi1989; 2004-05-22 at 01:11.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 01:19   Link #30
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
Well, the fact that I am not stupid, as told to me by various standardized tests (while I don't hold that much stock in it myself, society still does), a college education, lack of retarded spelling errors (or... good god, maybe you actually type like that on purpose... I hope not...), etc. is enough for me. And for a stupid man to tell someone else that he is stupid would infer that the stupid man would have to have knowledge exceeding that of the man he tells. For example, if you were the exact same intelligence as me, I wouldn't know you were stupid. Everything that you missed, I would also miss, etc.

I am telling you that you are stupid. Not as compared to me or any other specific person, but stupid as compared to the rest of the world. Given my limited conversation with you, I'd place you aroung 45%, giving extra points for holding semi-knowledge in a second language. Or at least enough knowledge to converse... fairly well. If English is your first language then you can drop that score to 30%. And that's being generous.


And that said, let me rephrase. Why am I stupid? Not as compared to you, but as compared to everything on this planet? Is it my obvious lack of book smarts? My poor grammar? Do I put my foot in my mouth whenever I open it? And please note that being an asshole to you doesn't equate stupidity. I've never once denied that I enjoy being an asshole, and enjoy pointing out fools even more.

Edit: I keep on missing things. If you wanna know how popular manga is within the anime community, then just look at the number of people reading the manga forum as opposed to the number of people currently online. Amongst english speaking people, anime far outweighs manga in popularity, and a guy who says 'finks' instead of 'thinks' is never going to change their minds.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 01:52   Link #31
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Well, the fact that I am not stupid, as told to me by various standardized tests (while I don't hold that much stock in it myself, society still does), a college education, lack of retarded spelling errors (or... good god, maybe you actually type like that on purpose... I hope not...), etc. is enough for me. And for a stupid man to tell someone else that he is stupid would infer that the stupid man would have to have knowledge exceeding that of the man he tells. For example, if you were the exact same intelligence as me, I wouldn't know you were stupid. Everything that you missed, I would also miss, etc.

I am telling you that you are stupid. Not as compared to me or any other specific person, but stupid as compared to the rest of the world. Given my limited conversation with you, I'd place you aroung 45%, giving extra points for holding semi-knowledge in a second language. Or at least enough knowledge to converse... fairly well. If English is your first language then you can drop that score to 30%. And that's being generous.


And that said, let me rephrase. Why am I stupid. Not as compared to you, but as compared to everything on this planet? Is it my obvious lack of book smarts? My poor grammar? Do I put my foot in my mouth whenever I open it? And please note that being an asshole to you doesn't equate stupidity. I've never once denied that I enjoy being an asshole, and enjoy pointing out fools even more.
Sure, let us all speak in perfect form. I have,too, taken standarized tests, and it has shown me that i am no "idiot", or "retard" either, comparing to the rest of the world. (By the way, knowledge does not equal to intellegence, therefore, being in college doesnt actually make you "smarter") Here, solve this question and explain your answer, its fairly easy: You have 10 bags. In each bag, there are 10 pieces of gold. Each piece of gold weighs exactly 1 Kilogram, except for 1 bag. 1 bag out of the 10 has fools gold, which only weighs 0.9 kilograms per piece. You have a scale which you are only allowed to use ONCE. You may do what ever to the contents of the bag. Please find a solution on how you can find out which of the 10 bags contains the fools gold.

Mmm~ here is another question that is,too, fairly easy.(This one is easier then the one above) Using only the numbers 1,1,9,9, please find Three (feel free to find more) equation that will make them equal to 10.(Find atleast one solution which doesnt involve exponents) You HAVE TO use all 4 numbers. You may use Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Exponents or brackets.(and of course a equal sign to make it an EQUATion.)

For a very smart person, it takes about 15 minutes or so to solve question one.(My dads friend(tests has shown that his IQ is about 160) asked me that question, and it took him 15 minutes to solve it. For me. It took me about 25 give or take 5 minutes. Question 2 took me very little time(5 ~10 minutes), because of its simplicity.) O ya, you are in college, I'm in high-school, meaning if it is true that college does make you smarter, you should be able to solve it fairly easily. I have more of these types of questions, feel free to ask for more. And one more thing. I can FLUENTLY converse in Chinese(first language), Taiwanese(second language) and English.(third language. You should also know that Finks is a short hand for Thinks,just like "btw" wif By the way. Instead of typing everything out, it is faster and more convinient. Mr.Genius, dont they teach you that in your College? Maybe you should try to get into a decent university instead.) I also know basic Japanese and French.

Last edited by MangaBoi1989; 2004-05-22 at 23:17.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 02:04   Link #32
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Manga vs Anime

Few edits on the last paragraph on the post above.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 02:15   Link #33
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
hai hai. Take 1 gold from the first bag, then 2 from the second, 3 from the third, 4, 5, 6, excetera. You'll have 55 pieces of gold. Place them on the scale and the total will be less than 55 kg, right? Just find the difference and you'll know which bag it was that had the lighter gold in it. for example, if the total was 49.7 kg, then bag 3 is the fools gold.

Sorry for the time. ~_~ I didn't check the forum for a while.

And btw, 'btw', 'asap', etc, are all accepted abbreviations. 'fink' doesn't even save time when typing.


Edit: Anyway, please refrain from timing me for a while as I'm going to go eat.

Last edited by snoopy; 2004-05-22 at 02:30.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 02:33   Link #34
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
lol, naa, im not bored enough to time you. Wut do you expect? Pressing F5(refresh) for 30 minutes non-stop? I took a shower anyway. Everyone on my MSN types "fink", dunno why u oppose it so much XD Fine, wth(what the hell), ill just type "think" from now on for the hell of it.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 03:12   Link #35
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
I voted Anime, and here's the huge reason and maybe somebody can help me out here.

Obviously being english I don't understand an ounce of Japanese so I can't purchase the Manga and read it on my own time, if I could I would. So I'm forced to download Scanslations. Now the problem with this is I maximize the Reader Prgram (from Toryiama) or use the WindowsXP Fax And Pic Viewer and I have soo much trouble reading it.

Fit to page I can see the whole page, but it's so far zoomed out that I can't read the text and see the action, so I have to zoom in a lot which forces me to scroll around almost constantly and parts of text will be cut off and I'll lose where I am.

What do you all do when you read manga? Do you have the same problems??

OH PS! I'm a Manga nooob if you haven't noticed I'm interested in reading the Monster and 20th C boys manga, even naruto, just can't deal with the annoyances ;p

Last edited by ZeppelinJ0; 2004-05-22 at 03:23.
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 12:49   Link #36
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
I voted Anime, and here's the huge reason and maybe somebody can help me out here.

Obviously being english I don't understand an ounce of Japanese so I can't purchase the Manga and read it on my own time, if I could I would. So I'm forced to download Scanslations. Now the problem with this is I maximize the Reader Prgram (from Toryiama) or use the WindowsXP Fax And Pic Viewer and I have soo much trouble reading it.

Fit to page I can see the whole page, but it's so far zoomed out that I can't read the text and see the action, so I have to zoom in a lot which forces me to scroll around almost constantly and parts of text will be cut off and I'll lose where I am.

What do you all do when you read manga? Do you have the same problems??

OH PS! I'm a Manga nooob if you haven't noticed I'm interested in reading the Monster and 20th C boys manga, even naruto, just can't deal with the annoyances ;p
haha, choose which ever one u like. Mmm~ since i can read chinese,i....read chinese manga(duh~) mmm, when i read scanslations, i dun seem to have the problem you have...o ya, there are plenty manga for sale that has been translated into English(in the States, i guesS)
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 21:02   Link #37
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
knowing trivia and brainteasers does not always make you smart
and i can point out at least 5 grammar/spelling errors in the paragraph you typed in "good" english
a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about their intelligence nor do they even consider themselves intelligent sometimes
oh and for question 2: you never said you could ONLY use those numbers correct?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 23:12   Link #38
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
knowing trivia and brainteasers does not always make you smart
and i can point out at least 5 grammar/spelling errors in the paragraph you typed in "good" english
a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about their intelligence nor do they even consider themselves intelligent sometimes
oh and for question 2: you never said you could ONLY use those numbers correct?
hey, ppl make mistakes from time to time. (WOW, u found 5 mistakes, *clap clap*) Im not a english teacher you know? o ya, i never said i was Smart in any direct sense. and it's true knowing these logic/brainteaser question doesnt necessarily make someone smart, but being able to solve them is another scenario. also...i know someone who thinks and says he is smart, but i have no problem with that, cuz i DO think he very smart. (he always says i'm smarter then him tho XD i wonder why.....)

btw, i also see a grammatical mistake in your..."a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about their intelligence...."

it should be "a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about HIS OR HER intelligence"

even tho "their" is very widely acceptable now a days....but "his or her" in this case is actually more correct.
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 23:27   Link #39
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaBoi1989
hey, ppl make mistakes from time to time. (WOW, u found 5 mistakes, *clap clap*) Im not a english teacher you know? o ya, i never said i was Smart in any direct sense. and it's true knowing these logic/brainteaser question doesnt necessarily make someone smart, but being able to solve them is another scenario. also...i know someone who thinks and says he is smart, but i have no problem with that, cuz i DO think he very smart. (he always says i'm smarter then him tho XD i wonder why.....)

btw, i also see a grammatical mistake in your..."a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about their intelligence...."

it should be "a truly intelligent and wise person does not brag about HIS OR HER intelligence"

even tho "their" is very widely acceptable now a days....but "his or her" in this case is actually more correct.
I can't believe you made an argument as wholly trivial as this. Can we either bring this discussion back on topic, or lock the thread?
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 00:46   Link #40
MangaBoi1989
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
maanga~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
I can't believe you made an argument as wholly trivial as this. Can we either bring this discussion back on topic, or lock the thread?
lol, i wasnt the one that started the "you are stupid 'thing....bak on topic.... Manga Rules!!!(of course, tahts my personal bias, u choose w/e u want to believe in)
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.