AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-22, 11:58   Link #1
pdenton

random reboots during playback

Help I'm not overly technical minded and reached the limit of what I can figure out myself.

My pc keeps rebooting while I'm playing episodes on VideoLAN (on win2k). Sometimes it stutters then reboots sometimes theres no warning at all. Have updated drivers, and to DirectX 9 and didn't work. Also tried switching off avg and firewall which seemed to work for a bit but started happening again in the last couple of days. I tried turning off the automatically reboot on error option in settings as suggested for other similar problems but it didin't work and am now at my wits end.

Any suggestions?
Old 2004-05-23, 22:54   Link #2
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Maybe you could give us some more information on the problem:

1. Log in as an Administrator
2. Open the Control Pannel
3. Open "Administrative Tools"
4. Open the "Event Veiwer"
5. Under "Event Viewer (Local)," Click "System"

Anyway, you'll see a long list of entries about services and other boering things. If you're lucky, there will be a few "X Error" entries around the time your computer blue screened. Any information you find could be very useful.
Old 2004-06-17, 10:01   Link #3
tmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenton
Help I'm not overly technical minded and reached the limit of what I can figure out myself.

My pc keeps rebooting while I'm playing episodes on VideoLAN (on win2k). Sometimes it stutters then reboots sometimes theres no warning at all. Have updated drivers, and to DirectX 9 and didn't work. Also tried switching off avg and firewall which seemed to work for a bit but started happening again in the last couple of days. I tried turning off the automatically reboot on error option in settings as suggested for other similar problems but it didin't work and am now at my wits end.

Any suggestions?
This is simple, but make sure your computer isn't overheating...
Closed Thread