AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-23, 00:44   Link #1
THX

Naruto the Ninja

I've just started the series and I am currently at episode 15. What I am wondering is, does the series ever become very dark (some scenes have been dark, but often not lasting very long) and stay dark for a long period of time (as in, a whole episode)?

I am currently finding Naruto fairly fun to watch, but I wanted to know if the story develops into something much more?
Old 2004-05-23, 00:50   Link #2
Kouji
StrykerX

Yeah, I would say probably around ep 20 (even though there may be bits of comedic scenes). It'll be a mostly dark anime, unlike RK.
Old 2004-05-23, 00:56   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX
I've just started the series and I am currently at episode 15. What I am wondering is, does the series ever become very dark (some scenes have been dark, but often not lasting very long) and stay dark for a long period of time (as in, a whole episode)?

I am currently finding Naruto fairly fun to watch, but I wanted to know if the story develops into something much more?
Yes...in fact, the one this week is one of them. ^_^;;

But umm, the "darkness" you speak of doesn't sustain for a very long time...some scenes and backstories might be tragic, heart-warming, tear-jerking, but they generally don't last for that long.
Old 2004-05-23, 01:01   Link #4
Kouji
StrykerX

We're glad that your enjoying Naruto. You'll be suprised to see what's in store for you in later episodes ^_^. And you have more questions, the posters here'll try their best to answer them
Old 2004-05-23, 01:42   Link #5
Shinobi_Lucas

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobi_Lucas
I would have to rate Naruto an action comedy, with some dark elements.
Old 2004-05-23, 01:49   Link #6
xyrrus

Don't worry there will be dark... especially at night when the sun is down.

But um yea, there are whole episodes that's quite dark but don't expect it all the time, the episodes are usually quite vibrant even at intense moments.
Old 2004-05-23, 02:10   Link #7
THX

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I'm also wondering if Naruto (I don't mind minor spoilers, so don't worry) will at a certain point become much stronger? At the moment, he seems to talk a lot but always get beaten up by those he fights (except if they are very weak enemies). I also am wondering if he, at certain point, will become wise in the ways of the ninjai, able to understand ways to counter his enemy instead of using the same attack over and over again?
Old 2004-05-23, 02:15   Link #8
Gai-Kakashi

I'll put it this way THX, the show wouldn't be called Naruto if he was always weak. You really should try to stay SF and just watch them all in a row (especially considering what's coming up if you're on 15 ). Then when you're caught up with the anime, you can start on the manga.

It's to show his growth more than anything else. One of the show's main themes is that even a weak loser can become somebody if they give it their all and don't give up.

Last edited by Gai-Kakashi; 2004-05-23 at 02:39.
Old 2004-05-23, 02:58   Link #9
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, as the story goes, he vows one day that he will become hokage and that he wants everyone to recognize him. Not because of his clumsiness but of what he's accomplished and what he's capable of doing. But again, you should keep on watching Naruto and keep on reading the manga. Because through time you just might see a significant change in him.
Old 2004-05-23, 10:29   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX
I also am wondering if he, at certain point, will become wise in the ways of the ninjai, able to understand ways to counter his enemy instead of using the same attack over and over again?
THX, Naruto is just not that smart. The boy is just so simplistic and emotional--most likely in combat he will Kage Buushin and then charge or just charge. However, Naruto is a natural genius when it comes to strategies and deception; the elment of suprise and luck will favor him. He has great natural reaction and can fool stronger opponents with his pranks...besides, a man who claims he'll one day become Hokage will surely not stay weak forever, no? ^_~
Old 2004-05-23, 10:57   Link #11
Kouji
StrykerX

Just think of Ash Ketchum's situation. Remember how he started out not knowing about Pokemon. Well the same is for Naruto (though not with Pokemon ^_*). Though what I basically said is that he may be not that smart, and the kids might pick on him. But through time (like what sarcasteak said) he could also prove to be a useful fighter, like with the people he fights.

And best of all, the first person that really recognizes him as a person that has potential is none other than his sensei; Iruka.
Old 2004-05-23, 11:59   Link #12
THX

Thanks for the replies,

I might have a few more questions later, as I will be watching more episodes today
Old 2004-05-23, 12:04   Link #13
Kouji
StrykerX

^_^. Well, don't hesitate to ask them.

We'll try to answer any question you have. So keep them coming
Old 2004-05-23, 12:05   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

No problem. And in the future, if you have short questions like these, try to ask them in the Naruto Q&A thread. ^_^