AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-28, 12:39   Link #41
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
If you are hinting at that the mods will shoot him just because he wanted to discuss the rules, I'll have to disagree. Why should someone be banned for criticism? Pay the Forum staff respect? Hell, yes. Send your brain into hibernation because of the assumption that the staff is flawless in everything they do? Never; why? Because they can make mistakes, too. If they wouldn't they would be emotionless rule-enforcer-bots.
No, they won't shoot him, they'll warn him a lot of times until he really pisses them off (about 20 posts later of flaming others.)

No staff members are flawless. It's impossible to be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while (Whether it would be spelling mistakes, a large typo, mistakingly getting the wrong member in a fix, ect.) Nah, they're not robots. (or are they?) Nah, just kidding around, but seriously now they should hang loose once in a while. It would be a drag to not make a few exceptions every now and then.


[quote=_Sin_Manipulating an admin? How? If he can "maniplulate" the admins to change the rules through reasonable and good arguments, then hell, I want the admins to be manipulative! And about the banned thingy: I don't know why he got banned before (since Dranz banned him it has something to do with Naruto), but this does not mean he's some sort of low life. Don't be too quick to judge people because they can change, just like the Forum rules if there is a necessity for it.[/quote]


I said they would try, but I said they wouldn't do it well. To be honest I can't understand why the Naruto Fourm has stricter rules. It's like the other popular anime fourms (but with more topics.) .....I just answered my question, didn't I?

He isn't a lowlife, he just ain't follow the rules for some stupid reason. It appears that he could just do anything he wanted (spaming/flaming/not using spoiler tags/ect.)
This just prove my brothers theory: Some people just shouldn't be allowed.

Normally I wouldn't be argueing here, but I've seen this thing so many times on other message boards that I'm fed up with it. You figure they would learn when a mod/admin tells them to knock it off. Now if you would excure, I need to bang my head against the wall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Again, don't be too quick to judge what real and what false complaints are. Since this thread is still open, it can't be that much of a false complaint. And the complaint is definitely not on the same level like your examples with AOLese or the flames you gave as an example.
Whoa, you're right! Usually they lock these things up after 10 posts! This might actually be a problem! (And how did you know I use AOL? To be honest again, I actually use Internet Explorer, but I have to log onto America OffLine. IIt really sucks to have a phone connection.) :twap: I answered my own question again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I already addressed this point in my previous post.
Beware I can't sleep, therefore I'm dangerous at the moment
Oh, crap! I can't fight with a person who has innsomnia. I would have to give in first because would get tired out. :waves white flag: I admit defeat.


But first I would like to note to all the toublemakers out there eventually "I'm sorry" isn't going to cut it anymore, so you should shape up before that happens.
__________________
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 13:41   Link #42
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
You ppl are funny You are arguing about the "rules" but which one/s are you acually complaining about?
I read through the whole thread expecting an example, like.....(well since this thread is here, i dont think the rule about X is right, and the reason being is X) And then maybe a reply on why rule X is needed and so on.

Anyway about the guy who started this thread, yes he was from the Naruto forum but i diden't know him, but if you take a look at the type of threads he has started in the past I personally think he was just a moron here to piss us all off!

Plus this guy even changed names to get back in not clever not clever at all.

P.S: I think the rules are pefectly reasonable.....Can't think of an example though
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 14:37   Link #43
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
No, they won't shoot him, they'll warn him a lot of times until he really pisses them off (about 20 posts later of flaming others.)
Excuse me, but what does this have to do with what I wrote? You just agreed that they wouldn't "speed in their death" by questioning the rules. That's fine with me, but why do you predict that the thread starter will always piss off the mods and will flame others? Don't just jump to conclusion just because you saw it happen in other boards and are fed up with it. Oh, and please quote right next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
He isn't a lowlife, he just ain't follow the rules for some stupid reason. It appears that he could just do anything he wanted (spaming/flaming/not using spoiler tags/ect.)
This just prove my brothers theory: Some people just shouldn't be allowed.
Since when is starting a thread about the rules against the rules? Discussing the rules is part of the feedback forums and will only improve AnimeSuki forums in the long run.
Oh, and your brother seems to be a wise man, just like that one man in Germany of the 1930s who thought some people "should not be allowed".
*sigh* Once again: Don't be to quick to generalize that the ones who want to discuss the rules are always some evil guys who wants to destroy the Forums through starting a revolution because that is plain wrong
Although that could be the case, but then again it could have the exact opposite: Improving the rules by giving constructive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Normally I wouldn't be argueing here, but I've seen this thing so many times on other message boards that I'm fed up with it. You figure they would learn when a mod/admin tells them to knock it off. Now if you would excure, I need to bang my head against the wall.
For starters: Try to calm down a bit, you seem to be angered quite quickly which is not a good thing if you want to discuss this problem as objectively as you can; Next thing: It is your bad luck that you only met some idiots but we can't say that every user who wants to discuss the rules will act like an idiot. Then again, I don't remember the mods telling him to knock it off because they seem to be interested in this thread as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
No staff members are flawless. It's impossible to be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while (Whether it would be spelling mistakes, a large typo, mistakingly getting the wrong member in a fix, ect.) Nah, they're not robots. (or are they?) Nah, just kidding around, but seriously now they should hang loose once in a while. It would be a drag to not make a few exceptions every now and then.
Good thing that we agree that users and the staff aren't perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Whoa, you're right! Usually they lock these things up after 10 posts! This might actually be a problem!
Nice try to be sarcastic, but it backfired nonetheless. You are just approved what I said namely that the mods won't lock thread just because they are discussing the rules. What does us tell that? First of all it tells us that they have interest in reading what other think about the rules and more importantly: It says that the thread is not against the, or else it would have been locked long time ago which did not happen. Your argument that this very thread is against the rules is now void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
(And how did you know I use AOL? To be honest again, I actually use Internet Explorer, but I have to log onto America OffLine. IIt really sucks to have a phone connection.) :twap: I answered my own question again.
To clarify things: AOLese is another common word for leet speak, nothing more and nothing less. I'm sorry to I confused you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Oh, crap! I can't fight with a person who has innsomnia. I would have to give in first because would get tired out. :waves white flag: I admit defeat.
Humor is lost on you, isn't it? You are lucky that I don't fall for such obvious flame bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
But first I would like to note to all the toublemakers out there eventually "I'm sorry" isn't going to cut it anymore, so you should shape up before that happens.
Oh, since when are you a mod? What, you aren't? Then don't act like one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoby_shay
I read through the whole thread expecting an example, like.....(well since this thread is here, i dont think the rule about X is right, and the reason being is X) And then maybe a reply on why rule X is needed and so on.
Can't be helped; the thread starter got banned before he could state which rules where to strict ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoby_shay
You ppl are funny You are arguing about the "rules" but which one/s are you acually complaining about?
Well, that is because Razer_2mb said that discussing the rules is against the rules which it obviously isn't.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 15:11   Link #44
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Excuse me, but what does this have to do with what I wrote? You just agreed that they wouldn't "speed in their death" by questioning the rules. That's fine with me, but why do you predict that the thread starter will always piss off the mods and will flame others? Don't just jump to conclusion just because you saw it happen in other boards and are fed up with it. Oh, and please quote right next time

Since when is starting a thread about the rules against the rules? Discussing the rules is part of the feedback forums and will only improve AnimeSuki forums in the long run.
Oh, and your brother seems to be a wise man, just like that one man in Germany of the 1930s who thought some people "should not be allowed".
*sigh* Once again: Don't be to quick to generalize that the ones who want to discuss the rules are always some evil guys who wants to destroy the Forums through starting a revolution because that is plain wrong
Although that could be the case, but then again it could have the exact opposite: Improving the rules by giving constructive feedback.
hey hey hey... don't bring hitler into this. Heck in Germany, the Veterans of WWII see him as a hero. He did make Germany from a 3rd world country to a powerhouse.

Back on topic.

The rules aren't so bad. You can be mean and criticize others just as long as you don't flame them or talk shit. Although a lot of people do not like to be criticized, it's not breaking any rules and the mods let you off on that. Just no

"OMFG YOU FUCKING JACKASS!! RAAWWARHA!"
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 15:32   Link #45
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
hey hey hey... don't bring hitler into this.
I'm sorry if it sounded like that. I wanted just to point out the narrow-mindedness of both, nothing more. By no means I wanted to say that he is like Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Heck in Germany, the Veterans of WWII see him as a hero. He did make Germany from a 3rd world country to a powerhouse.
...and from a powerhouse to war torn land. What's your point? You shouldn't praise him for peanuts since you know what else he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Back on topic.

The rules aren't so bad. You can be mean and criticize others just as long as you don't flame them or talk shit. Although a lot of people do not like to be criticized, it's not breaking any rules and the mods let you off on that. Just no

"OMFG YOU FUCKING JACKASS!! RAAWWARHA!"
Exactly; I like these forums because you can talk about nearly anything without any sort of censorship - assuming the discussion is kept civil.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 15:55   Link #46
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
_Sin_ - I'm afraid you've just invoked Godwin's Law. This thread will now self-destruct.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 16:38   Link #47
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
_Sin_ - I'm afraid you've just invoked Godwin's Law. This thread will now self-destruct.
I really hope it does not, or I'll be sad
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 18:26   Link #48
roguenoir
Rogue Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
If you really think the moderators are big monsters you can still leave the forum, you know where is the door, don't you? ^^
There are a lot of threads like this open, but they died because there was a reason : the moderators are good and there is no reason to say that they're doing a bad job.
Nah.. playing with monsters can be a thrilling experience..

But seriously.. some of you on this thread really ought to lighten up and enjoy life for once.. unless you secretly derive a sense of fulfillment and pleasure from directing your anger against those who have unpopular opinions to voice.

Be glad that y'all live in some *relatively* free country and won't be sent to the electric chair for simply making a bad post to a message board.

Last edited by roguenoir; 2004-05-28 at 18:38.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 18:40   Link #49
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
...some of you on this thread really ought to lighten up and enjoy life for once.. unless you secretly derive a sense of fulfillment and pleasure from directing your anger against those who have unpopular opinions to voice.
That cuts both ways. The moderators can't be pals with everyone if they are going to do their jobs properly. People don't like to hear that they are doing things which will make the forum less enjoyable for others, or that they won't be allowed to continue to do so, but they need to be told.

As far as who is enjoying what, I'm sure the people you are attempting to browbeat are enjoying expressing their opinions as much as you enjoy browbeating them.
__________________
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:14   Link #50
eLstar
(^_^)v
 
Join Date: May 2003
I can clear the air of what he is complaining about, and yes it's about the Naruto forum, I banned him temporarily as a means of a "time out" for posting useless/unecessary/repeated topics numerous times in a short period of time.

A thread here
Another here
Yet Another thread here
Useless Thread
Repeated Thread
Another Repeated Thread

That's 5 different threads closed in the month of May alone. I pm'ed him nicely saying that it's just to calm him down because it seemed he wasn't learning the rules at all, then he went all ballistic on me. Originally his ban was 3 days, but he thought he could bypass the ban by joining up as a new member and instead he was banned for an extra 4 days.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 01:00   Link #51
Sid_Burn
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
hey hey hey... don't bring hitler into this. Heck in Germany, the Veterans of WWII see him as a hero. He did make Germany from a 3rd world country to a powerhouse.
Yeah... even if im not a german... I myself... adores Hitler too...

anyway... the mods here are both 50% wrong and 50% right..., it's bec. they sometimes ban others for no reason... I think...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 01:15   Link #52
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Yeah... even if im not a german... I myself... adores Hitler too...

anyway... the mods here are both 50% wrong and 50% right..., it's bec. they sometimes ban others for no reason... I think...
There are always reason to ban somebody.
I'm sure any ban that have been done could be easily be proven right
Do you even have example of moderators being abusive and random banning users?
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 01:38   Link #53
Sid_Burn
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Do you even have example of moderators being abusive and random banning users?
err... I dont know... im just a Apr 2004 member... anyway I know mods here sometimes ban others for no reason... well... "sometimes"...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:52   Link #54
mah_damey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: houston, tx
hmmm i dunno if its taboo or wutever to talk about this but are u talking about the jappi incident? i thought wut they did was fine
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 07:09   Link #55
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
err... I dont know... im just a Apr 2004 member... anyway I know mods here sometimes ban others for no reason... well... "sometimes"...
Well in order for this statement to be valid you'd have to provide some evidence ... so do you have an example, or a case rather, of a mod banning for no reason?
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 08:24   Link #56
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Well in order for this statement to be valid you'd have to provide some evidence ... so do you have an example, or a case rather, of a mod banning for no reason?
It seems like he don't even know I asked him and he said he didn't know but that he thought they were doing it, but still we need evidence, and there aren't any evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lexander again.
Not again
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:26   Link #57
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Yeah... even if im not a german... I myself... adores Hitler too...

anyway... the mods here are both 50% wrong and 50% right..., it's bec. they sometimes ban others for no reason... I think...

So what you're saying is if there was 10 rules, 5 of them are ok but 5 of them are not?......please ellaberate

Oh, and by the way Hitler sucks ass!
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-05-29 at 14:03.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 14:15   Link #58
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
err... I dont know... im just a Apr 2004 member... anyway I know mods here sometimes ban others for no reason... well... "sometimes"...
You're just digging yourself into a bigger and bigger grave...so from now on be careful of what you say and how you word things...

The mods here have never banned anyone for no reason...I'm thinking that your thinking that they banned a certain person a while ago...but guess what...there was a reason and I for 1 agreed with it...so him being banned was not for nothing

I've been here since august of 03 and i have yet to see the mods just randomly give out a ban (with 1 exception...but that had it's reasons also and he was quickly unbanned) w/o a good reason...the mods are generally nice...and they'll try and be as helpful as they can...

It's true that the mods seem a bit harsh sometimes...but they're not here to babysit little kids...for the most part everyone here should understand what it means to act mature and obey rules...I mean everybody obeys rules everywhere...so why is this forum any different? and how is being punished for doing something wrong a bad thing?

You are certainly allowed to question the mods about things they do or are doing as long as you address it in a mature fashion and not bitch about it like a little kid...which seems to be what some people do...the more bitching it is...the less chance it'll be taken seriously...it's like standing in front of a judge...if you just talk and complain about something and just bitch your gonna get nowhere...while the other person that took his time, gathered proof and presented it in a mature fashion gets all the attention
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 01:58   Link #59
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
The rules are not strict it is just the mods that are enforcing them are making it feel very harsh. It's not the rules that come after you when you break them, it's the mods. *Hides behind a rock*
__________________

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2004-05-31 at 02:09.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 18:33   Link #60
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, New York
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
No need to yell at me. I was just complimenting you on how such good rules you have.

Forum & Site Feedback
__________________
Need a new sig
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.