AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-03, 18:40   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
No need to yell at me. I was just complimenting you on how such good rules you have.

Forum & Site Feedback
Then I'd like to be the first one to say, "Thank you." In the future please make it clearer if you are criticising or complimenting. The way that you do it, there isn't very much difference between the two.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 21:30   Link #62
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
The mods here have never banned anyone for no reason...
speaking of which... i need to talk to a moderator.

Quote:
No need to yell at me. I was just complimenting you on how such good rules you have.

Forum & Site Feedback
then you need to remaster your skills in communication. i too thought you were being critical.
Quote:
I was just complimenting you on how such good rules you have.
if that isnt any indication.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way Hitler sucks ass!
great argument you got there
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 20:44   Link #63
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I'm going to resurrect this thread for one post, with multiple comments to _Sin_.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Excuse me, but what does this have to do with what I wrote? You just agreed that they wouldn't "speed in their death" by questioning the rules. That's fine with me, but why do you predict that the thread starter will always piss off the mods and will flame others? Don't just jump to conclusion just because you saw it happen in other boards and are fed up with it. Oh, and please quote right next time
Wonder what it has to do with the things you wrote, :see everyone get mad at thread starter:. The cycle continues.....



Quote:
Since when is starting a thread about the rules against the rules? Discussing the rules is part of the feedback forums and will only improve AnimeSuki forums in the long run.
Oh, and your brother seems to be a wise man, just like that one man in Germany of the 1930s who thought some people "should not be allowed".
Where did I say it was against the rules? I said it's just dumb to question them because you agree with them when you became a member. I getting really, really tired of repeating myself.


Quote:
*sigh* Once again: Don't be to quick to generalize that the ones who want to discuss the rules are always some evil guys who wants to destroy the Forums through starting a revolution because that is plain wrong
Although that could be the case, but then again it could have the exact opposite: Improving the rules by giving constructive feedback.
It could actually happen, if you type it in a polite manner. Of course, K9Platnum685 compared it to Gamefaqs (as if we really care about those fourms.)


Quote:
For starters: Try to calm down a bit, you seem to be angered quite quickly which is not a good thing if you want to discuss this problem as objectively as you can; Next thing: It is your bad luck that you only met some idiots but we can't say that every user who wants to discuss the rules will act like an idiot. Then again, I don't remember the mods telling him to knock it off because they seem to be interested in this thread as well.
No. Not every user that discusses the thread is an idiot, and I never said that, and if I did, where was this? Because I don't remember typing that.
It's not bad luck I met a few morons on some boards. These things happen.


Quote:
Good thing that we agree that users and the staff aren't perfect.
Good. At least you got that part right.


Quote:
Nice try to be sarcastic, but it backfired nonetheless. You are just approved what I said namely that the mods won't lock thread just because they are discussing the rules. What does us tell that? First of all it tells us that they have interest in reading what other think about the rules and more importantly: It says that the thread is not against the, or else it would have been locked long time ago which did not happen. Your argument that this very thread is against the rules is now void.
Yeah, I was just being so sarcastic, you know. I mean, I wouldn't be agreeing with you if I thought you were wrong, right[/sarcasm] No, I was not being sarcastic. If anything backfired, it was the me being sarcastic comment.

I never said discussing the rules was against the rules. Maybe if you read my posts you would know that.


Quote:
To clarify things: AOLese is another common word for leet speak, nothing more and nothing less. I'm sorry to I confused you.
That would mean that only AOL users use leet. It's ben aroun d for quite some time. Show me where it says that leet language is used by only AOL users. I might almost consider respecting your opinions.


Quote:
Well, that is because Razer_2mb said that discussing the rules is against the rules which it obviously isn't.
Are you just tryiing to piss me off? Because you are succeeding. I never said that for about the 3rd time. My God, you annoy me.
__________________
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 06:24   Link #64
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 34
*Sigh*

Can't we all just get along? Time do dig up some dirt-old thread... *digs*

Here we go (shameless spam for own post): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...8133#post68133

Please remember that it takes at least two people to make a flamewar. If someone annoys you to no end, ignore them instead of fighting with them. It'll make things much more pleasant for everyone.
__________________
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:57   Link #65
roguenoir
Rogue Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Dunno if this has already been suggested but the creation of an Unmoderated subforum at Animesuki should solve many of the concerns here. If you don't like the idea, well, then don't go to the unmoderated forum.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 14:42   Link #66
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Dunno if this has already been suggested but the creation of an Unmoderated subforum at Animesuki should solve many of the concerns here. If you don't like the idea, well, then don't go to the unmoderated forum.
This is something we will not implement at AnimeSuki. If people want to rant and rave, then they can do so somewhere else
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 14:55   Link #67
kaizer
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hell... I dont know
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Dunno if this has already been suggested but the creation of an Unmoderated subforum at Animesuki should solve many of the concerns here. If you don't like the idea, well, then don't go to the unmoderated forum.
i've seen this kind of sub forum in other forums... and all I can say about it is... it's full of shitass people...
kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 07:54   Link #68
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Since the mods seem to visit this thread quite often, could someone answer me this..............I think I was banned the last few days........Why?
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 08:07   Link #69
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
Since the mods seem to visit this thread quite often, could someone answer me this..............I think I was banned the last few days........Why?
If you really wanna know if you were banned send the mods a private msg. Anyhow they normally send you a private msg when they ban you I think. But I don't think you got banned.
The reason why you couldn't access the forums is probably because the site moved to an new server. The main site and forum were down for a day or so.
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 08:24   Link #70
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
If you really wanna know if you were banned send the mods a private msg. Anyhow they normally send you a private msg when they ban you I think. But I don't think you got banned.
The reason why you couldn't access the forums is probably because the site moved to an new server. The main site and forum were down for a day or so.
Thanks, I should have guessed that, how could they ever ban moi?
Im a model member who is on a distinguished road.

But yeah I diden't know anything about them moving to a new server, so I got kinda paranoid.
Thanks again.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:23   Link #71
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Hum... i personally think the rules are good how they are.
If you *read* the rules and *keep them in mind* you are perfectly fine ... ( of course there are some people who think rules do not apply to them, or they dont need to read them ... well, i guess thats the first step to get banned for them... )

And i think the mods are doing a good job moderating animesuki... i dont find the rules too strict or anything, i like it like that, and i think its necessary in a BBS like this. ( If they would take out the advertising rule 1/3 from the general chat section would be advertising, lol... )

So yeah ... my 2 cents
__________________
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.