AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-06, 00:32   Link #61
Leviathan926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Well the problem is that this forum doesn't allow this, whatever you think about it, you've aggreed with the forums rules, so you shouldn't break them
ya i apologize for that entry. i didn't mean to advocate piracy~ don't get me wrong.

i just brought about a controversial issue: of course its wrong, but everyone still does it at some point. Be honest and admit it.
Leviathan926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 00:46   Link #62
arias

Unfortunately you aren't being very accurate here. I hope that none of us have to go about explaining the economic dynamics of the animation industry. In short, if we download and we don't buy, they don't sell, they don't make profits, they don't make anime, and we can't download. Simple?

The thing is, downloading fansubs of anime which are not licensed is NOT directly harming the profits of the animation company. Technically, it's still an act of piracy, but think about it strictly. If it's not licensed, it means that whether we get to see it or not doesn't matter to them since there is no profit difference. However, if there are fansubs, and we see it, it builds the fanbase of (1) the anime industry (2) the anime firm, and therefore, provides benefits in a much larger sense.

However, this is not the case now, I must agree. Many anime are being licensed more quickly than ever before, so the above argument is not valid. After all, many of the popular fansubs are those which are going to be licensed, anyways. Therefore, this might hurt the profit of anime firms, since now there may be leechers who download and not buy. Hm. This is a big issue we've discussed before on the DVD & Licensed board, so I'm stopping there.

The point I'm making to you, Leviathan, is that yes, we are all committing piracy in the strictest technical sense. But fortunately, most fansub groups have a moral sense to stop fansubbing when the series is licensed. It just proves that their aim, even though they are committing a "piracy" act, is NOT to damage the profits of the industry/firm. The way that you're describing how "everyone's committing piracy" is quite crude and vulgar, and certainly a generalisation on how all of us are leechers with no intention of contributing to the anime industry. That's where you've gone wrong.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 06:24   Link #63
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
fan translations of some bishoujo games (not KGNE, but Kanon and a couple others) DO exist, however they are just patches that alter the game (you have to buy the game in otherwords) so in a way they're like mods, which is an excellent idea
What I meant by that, is that most likely asking for a fan-translation is like stupid because there are very few fan translation groups out there and most translations are not even at 50%.
The best idea to play a Japanese game nowadays would be to try and see if Ho! Text Hooker would work with it and quit dreaming about a possible translation ever
Old 2004-07-06, 07:05   Link #64
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
What I meant by that, is that most likely asking for a fan-translation is like stupid because there are very few fan translation groups out there and most translations are not even at 50%.
The best idea to play a Japanese game nowadays would be to try and see if Ho! Text Hooker would work with it and quit dreaming about a possible translation ever
Nice defeatist attitude there, Thany...

If we were to just roll over and not expect any translations on games like this ever, then we might as well hang up the whole business of localizing other eros. At some point the games will start becoming more and more complex, it's the nature of the beast.

Besides, Oh Text does work with KGNE's CD version...it's the DVD version games that are not working too well with it.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 07:20   Link #65
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Nice defeatist attitude there, Thany...

If we were to just roll over and not expect any translations on games like this ever, then we might as well hang up the whole business of localizing other eros. At some point the games will start becoming more and more complex, it's the nature of the beast.

Besides, Oh Text does work with KGNE's CD version...it's the DVD version games that are not working too well with it.
Well I was mostly speaking about an translation.
Een if there isn't that much chance neither the english ero-games compagnies will license the games you want them to license ; at least I know it would be true for me
Old 2004-07-06, 11:18   Link #66
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Now that bishoujo games are getting more notice, there are more projects going on now, and more translators have started working on games. Thus, expect the pace to speed up soon. Some of these translators are translating more material than most fansub translators in the same amount of time.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 13:54   Link #67
Leviathan926

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Unfortunately you aren't being very accurate here. I hope that none of us have to go about explaining the economic dynamics of the animation industry. In short, if we download and we don't buy, they don't sell, they don't make profits, they don't make anime, and we can't download. Simple?

The thing is, downloading fansubs of anime which are not licensed is NOT directly harming the profits of the animation company. Technically, it's still an act of piracy, but think about it strictly. If it's not licensed, it means that whether we get to see it or not doesn't matter to them since there is no profit difference. However, if there are fansubs, and we see it, it builds the fanbase of (1) the anime industry (2) the anime firm, and therefore, provides benefits in a much larger sense.

However, this is not the case now, I must agree. Many anime are being licensed more quickly than ever before, so the above argument is not valid. After all, many of the popular fansubs are those which are going to be licensed, anyways. Therefore, this might hurt the profit of anime firms, since now there may be leechers who download and not buy. Hm. This is a big issue we've discussed before on the DVD & Licensed board, so I'm stopping there.

The point I'm making to you, Leviathan, is that yes, we are all committing piracy in the strictest technical sense. But fortunately, most fansub groups have a moral sense to stop fansubbing when the series is licensed. It just proves that their aim, even though they are committing a "piracy" act, is NOT to damage the profits of the industry/firm. The way that you're describing how "everyone's committing piracy" is quite crude and vulgar, and certainly a generalisation on how all of us are leechers with no intention of contributing to the anime industry. That's where you've gone wrong.
wow. someone's got a problem with my vulgar pics! my words aren't crude, they're a taboo. ppl just avoid talking about it cos if u admit that u pirate your a hypocrite.

kuhhuhuhuhu of course i'm generalizing a little. u don't need to write me an essay about how its bad for the industry. we all know. i didn't say everyone's a leecher who don't support the industry. pirating smartly is the way to go; try them out and if u like it, buy the dvd. thats how i do it. i'm a student like alot of ppl and budget is an issue u know... u'd be surprised at the rate of piracy seen in student dorms.
so be more open and know that the foundation is always built from the underground.
Old 2004-07-06, 15:38   Link #68
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan926
wow. someone's got a problem with my vulgar pics! my words aren't crude, they're a taboo. ppl just avoid talking about it cos if u admit that u pirate your a hypocrite.

kuhhuhuhuhu of course i'm generalizing a little. u don't need to write me an essay about how its bad for the industry. we all know. i didn't say everyone's a leecher who don't support the industry. pirating smartly is the way to go; try them out and if u like it, buy the dvd. thats how i do it. i'm a student like alot of ppl and budget is an issue u know... u'd be surprised at the rate of piracy seen in student dorms.
so be more open and know that the foundation is always built from the underground.
I'm saying vulgar generalisation, not "wow. someone's got a problem with my vulgar pics!" Look up vulgar in the dictionary.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 18:37   Link #69
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Good lord.

Okay, why don't I make a list of this for easy viewing? ^_^;

1) I understand piracy exists, and everything that can be on or use the internet is subject to piracy. BUT PLEASE KEEP REQUESTS FOR PIRATED MATERIAL OUT OF THIS FORUM! If you are asking for a pirated KGNE software, you have missed the point of this thread entirely. Bishoujo gaming requires paying customers in order to grow in the states, so anything regarding pirated software -ANYTHING REGARDING PIRATED SOFTWARE- is detrimental to our goal.

2) While everyone is entitled to their opinion and I encourage all voices to be heard, please do not keep repeating "defeatist" (I like that word ^_^) opinions such as the lack of hope for the game to be translated. It is entirely possible at this time, so don't bash the idea until you have some solid proof that there is no hope.

3) While everyone is entitle to their opinion and I encourage all voices to be heard (sound familiar?), please be civil and courteous when you post. The only way you can be taken seriously is if you can speak and write without cursing or being generally vulgar. I don't care if you call it censorship, but they are the type of rules that should be abided by if you want to get ANYWHERE in the world.

4) Small peeve: I understand this is the internet, but save the slang and poor grammar for AIM or when you actually need to save time when communicating. Posting is like writing a letter- and how your post is read is how you are perceived. From leviathan's writing I would guess he is about 12 years old, at best. I would recommend to you, leviathan, that it would be best for you NOT to respond to this piece of advice, lest you should dig your own grave, but simply take it to heart.

I would like to thank all of you, especially DarkCntry, for all of your insightful posts. And if anyone has any recommendations for LEGITIMATE sites that could translate the KGNE game, I'd love to hear about them.

Keep those posts comin'!
Omegatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 00:01   Link #70
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

No need to thank me, I'm quite passionate about getting titles like KGNE wholly liscensed and localized, but it cannot be done without putting actual work into it, and thus why I am quite often replying to this thread. Several people have shown great interest in getting KGNE, and others, the push that it does require for liscensing and thus I feel that I'd be basically lying to myself if I wasn't in the fray pushing along with you guys.

I know the road will be mostly uphill, but at some point that hill does have to crest and then we'll be going back down again, in hopes with a nice shiny package that says Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien on it
Old 2004-07-07, 00:34   Link #71
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatek2
2) While everyone is entitled to their opinion and I encourage all voices to be heard, please do not keep repeating "defeatist" (I like that word ^_^) opinions such as the lack of hope for the game to be translated. It is entirely possible at this time, so don't bash the idea until you have some solid proof that there is no hope.
I'm not bashing, I'm just giving my own opinion What I meant is that until they say they are going to translate the title officially, you can't know if they will or not, so don't jump of joy until they announce it ^_^
Old 2004-07-07, 00:37   Link #72
Leviathan926

final words:

1. Omegatek2: having the title of infomaster or admin of the forum doesn't give you the right to slander others.

2. If you are going to make a slander, at least make it realistic. A 12 year old would be interested in an adult drama series like KGNE? Not to say, of the controversial issues of piracy? please...

3. Forums are supposed to facilitate free speech. Abbreviations and slangs are no different. So if you have a problem with people using AIM talk, I will just have to leave you my middle finger. This is not an english class for christ's sake.

I got the game up and running thanx to this help guide:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/animemusouka/...all_Guide.html

as for the translation? just get a japanese friend to do it. I can read the kanji so its np for me. Good luck in your endeavors into getting KGNE on localized and licenced DarkCntry. By then I'll be long done with the game.
Old 2004-07-07, 01:02   Link #73
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Leviathan, your logic is probably as about as flawed as they come...

I have already played, finished, and played KGNE several times over and over again...already done so with MuvLuv, and am in the process of ordering the Fan Disc...Just because I have already done this doesn't mean I am not going to push at getting it localized.

And I'll refrain from even commenting on your advocation of software piracy, as you, sir, are one of the reasons games such as this are not liscensed. Besides, if you had to use a guide to setup the game, then I honestly feel sorry for you.

Your few posts in here have been nothing but chum in the water for trolling, omega had kindly asked that people who wanted this action of localizing KimiNozo to post here...I also believe he asked the ones who did post here to do so in an intelligble manner.

Also, before you go throwing about the terms such as slander, it might be within your best interests to make sure you know the meaning of the words. If Omega did anything it would be falling under libel, and in this case, he has done neither.

Forums are not meant to facilitate free speech, they are a common ground for people to post things that fall within whatever guidelines the forum administration deems correct. This means that I can't go blabbing about how I got some cool liscensed anime series from so-and-so or how I downloaded KimiNozo from this or that place. The members are here for their common interest in anime/manga/and other similar related Japanese culture.

And for the most part, a written forum is something that should require well enough usage of a given language and not be left to net lingo, as it is not a place in which you are required to make instant replies to others but to carry on a conversation with a group. To just go around saying "omg i watched the coolest show ever! u no wut i am talkin about? its 2 1337 man!" and expect intelligent conversation to follow is something I doubt you're going to find.
Old 2004-07-07, 18:47   Link #74
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Ahh... leviathan, let it be heard that I DID warn you that it's in your best interest not to respond to my advice... LEST YOU SHOULD DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE. It probably would have been better to let people believe that you were that young, rather than decalring that you are older than your language skills imply. And I didn't say you may not use slang and AIM-speak, just that you will never be taken seriously that way. I think I'm done wasting my time trying to advise a hopeless case.

Oh yeah, about the defeatist thing... you're right, you can say whatever you want... it's just that this thread is about getting the game translated, not declaring how useless it is, so I kinda hoped that comments could stick to the hopeful end of the spectrum. Now, reasons behind its not being translated are another thing... and entirely welcome, so that we can address it and hopefully find a solution.

Lets see... so far I have checked G-Collections and Peach Princess. Anyone have any other suggestions as to legitimate translators I could contact?

Keep those posts comin'!
Old 2004-07-07, 22:55   Link #75
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

No other, unless you count in Hirameki which converted Majo no Ochakai (Tea Society of a Witch) and Amusement Park into DVDPGs (ACK) with the H edited out (DOUBLE ACK).
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 10:30   Link #76
bluemist
i am the mist

You know, I am hoping that Kiminozo and other popular ero-games should be entering the American h-game industry by now, with the help of their anime counterparts.

Just look at this. Anime companies already licensed Comic Party, Tsukihime, To Heart, and Popotan. If these anime get popular there is bound to be interest and demand for the original games from which those animes are based upon.

I would definitely LOVE getting an English version of To Heart. Even if it's already 7 years old and the CG is crappy by current standards I wanted to play it for the longest time now.
Old 2004-07-09, 12:39   Link #77
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Just look at this. Anime companies already licensed Comic Party, Tsukihime, To Heart, and Popotan. If these anime get popular there is bound to be interest and demand for the original games from which those animes are based upon.
In order for that to happen, a good chunk of viewers must:
1) know that it came from a game
2) actually be willing to play a game like that (visual novel, simulation)

1) can be remedied by providing informative websites, but 2) is probably much harder.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 13:32   Link #78
Omegatek2
The Info-less

NOW you're getting the picture! This is where we all come in. To promote KGNE and other similar games to be brought stateside, we need to buy these games and dvd's to show them that it is a worthwhile venture to undertake. So if you want the To Heart or Comic Party game, then go out and buy the dvd's they re bound to make, and even let the producers know that there is a game out for it, and those producers may be inclined to translate it themselves or to commission one of the already existing bishoujo translators to produce it.

Isn't it nice how things come together like that?
Old 2004-07-26, 20:50   Link #79
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Oh yeah... as a side note and possibly something more, this KGNE Fan Disc I keep hearing about... what is it? Is it a shorter version of the game? What's different about it from the game? Perhaps this is something more people would be inclined to translate if it is shorter than the full game. Anyone got the info?
Old 2004-07-26, 20:56   Link #80
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatek2
Oh yeah... as a side note and possibly something more, this KGNE Fan Disc I keep hearing about... what is it? Is it a shorter version of the game? What's different about it from the game? Perhaps this is something more people would be inclined to translate if it is shorter than the full game. Anyone got the info?
The fandisc is an alternate take on certain events from the game. Basically, in the fandisc the accident never happens and it follows from there.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote