AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-25, 11:49   Link #1
ventriloquist
人形使い

i wonder why...

i'm using azureus to dl anime... i set my upload 13kb/s ( 512/128 ) max torrent per upload 10... max connection per torrent 100 ..... and before this "thing" happen... i can download about 30kb/s average speed even with 1 seed 50+ peer... but it strange when i connected to 10+ seed my download was terible... my download speed rarely reach 20kb/s.. even 10kb/s ... mostly stay about 0kb/s to 4kb/s .... i wonder what the problem..
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 22:41   Link #2
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventriloquist
i'm using azureus to dl anime... i set my upload 13kb/s ( 512/128 ) max torrent per upload 10... max connection per torrent 100 ..... and before this "thing" happen... i can download about 30kb/s average speed even with 1 seed 50+ peer... but it strange when i connected to 10+ seed my download was terible... my download speed rarely reach 20kb/s.. even 10kb/s ... mostly stay about 0kb/s to 4kb/s .... i wonder what the problem..
Do you have a router? Maybe you didnt open your ports 6881-6999.
Helpful faqs - http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#ports
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 02:40   Link #3
ventriloquist
人形使い

i don't use router... btw... how to open port?
Old 2004-05-26, 10:18   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
i don't use router... btw... how to open port?
Nevermind opening the ports since you have Azureus and no router. Well, take the obvious answer and reduce your connections to 5 and see what happens. Nonetheless, I think it has to do with the torrent since you can download with 60kb/s without even uploading 1 byte of data - it always depends on the torrent. Try this and report back if it does not solve your problem
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:52   Link #5
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I have the same problem with Azureus and other BT clients. If you have a DSL or Cable modem, having so many open connections causes the line to "collapse." Limit the number of open connections by either reducing the number of connections per torrent or reduce the number of concurrent torrents.
________
Rolls-Royce 20 Hp (1905)

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:12.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:29   Link #6
ventriloquist
人形使い

reduce connection to 5? u mean max connection per torrent?... i hav try it and it seem i can dl with 0 - 1.5 kb/s only... maybe the torrent hav problem...
Old 2004-05-26, 18:40   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
I have the same problem with Azureus and other BT clients. If you have a DSL or Cable modem, having so many open connections causes the line to "collapse." Limit the number of open connections by either reducing the number of connections per torrent or reduce the number of concurrent torrents.
Really? I got ADSL and have no problem with hundreds of peers connected to me Maybe that is not that much of a connection problem but a computer problem (too slow)? My guess it is a torrent problem since 10+ seeds does not equate high download speed in any case. ventriloquist, try downloading from a torrent with lots of peers and report back. If you get a good enough speed we can deduce that the torrent causes the problems. What was your actual (not the one you got in the settings but the actual one) upload anyways?
Old 2004-05-26, 19:18   Link #8
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

It depends on your ASDL provider and equipment. I have a cable modem in my other house and the connection is more reliable. I can have over 1000+ connections without any problems. On the ADSL connection, I can only have about 300 connections before it starts to crap out.

BTW, my BT system is a P2-450 and it works great. As to watching, I use a seperate system. I seperated due to a lot of network hack attempts.
________
MAGIC FLIGHT

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:12.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:56   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
It depends on your ASDL provider and equipment. I have a cable modem in my other house and the connection is more reliable. I can have over 1000+ connections without any problems. On the ADSL connection, I can only have about 300 connections before it starts to crap out.

BTW, my BT system is a P2-450 and it works great. As to watching, I use a seperate system. I seperated due to a lot of network hack attempts.
You are the proof that Azureus is not that much of a system resource hogger like everybody claims (That is, if you use Azureus on that machine)
Old 2004-05-27, 03:17   Link #10
ventriloquist
人形使い

my problem might be connected only about 30+ peer only... i try download file with lots of peer and it seem good since the dl speed mostly at 30kb/s - 50kb/s...

why don't u guys try download at link.removed ... maybe u got same problem as i got

right now i hav to wait about 1 week to finish onjly one download with slow speed

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-27 at 10:15. Reason: Link removed since it points to many licensed series
Old 2004-05-27, 09:35   Link #11
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
my problem might be connected only about 30+ peer only... i try download file with lots of peer and it seem good since the dl speed mostly at 30kb/s - 50kb/s...

why don't u guys try download at link.removed ... maybe u got same problem as i got

right now i hav to wait about 1 week to finish onjly one download with slow speed
The torrents over there are usually slower than the "normal" AnimeSuki torrents. But nonetheless, remove the link because it contains licensed stuff

Edit: I must be stupid to quote the link myself, argh >_<

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-05-27 at 10:19. Reason: True, true :)