AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-05-25, 17:39   Link #1
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Exclamation Error: too many args ...

I have actually encountered this error before and i found it to be a server side problem because it would happen once and then go away.

Except this time I can NEVER get a connection with the tracker. I bet someone else here probably knows or have seen this error before. Any help would be greatly appricated. (NOTE: some torrents such as Naruto ep 84 work fine, but the batches get the error)

Full Length Error:
error: Too many args - 1 max run with no args for parameter explanations

Tracker:
www.gotwoot.net

BTW - I've been struggling to get Naruto eps on DC++ for a while now T_T and im soooo addicted T_T
Old 2004-05-26, 10:22   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1
I have actually encountered this error before and i found it to be a server side problem because it would happen once and then go away.

Except this time I can NEVER get a connection with the tracker. I bet someone else here probably knows or have seen this error before. Any help would be greatly appricated. (NOTE: some torrents such as Naruto ep 84 work fine, but the batches get the error)

Full Length Error:
error: Too many args - 1 max run with no args for parameter explanations

Tracker:
www.gotwoot.net

BTW - I've been struggling to get Naruto eps on DC++ for a while now T_T and im soooo addicted T_T
Did you try posting at their forums? I guess they will be quicker to answer since it's their site.
Or did you check the page for news regarding server problems? (Btw: If you are getting the older episodes, go for the TW versions instead since they are better in my opinion^^)

Post the batches that don't work so I can test if they work with my computer - after I've installed Azureus, that is =)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 17:56   Link #3
AOforever1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Did you try posting at their forums? I guess they will be quicker to answer since it's their site.
Or did you check the page for news regarding server problems? (Btw: If you are getting the older episodes, go for the TW versions instead since they are better in my opinion^^)

Post the batches that don't work so I can test if they work with my computer - after I've installed Azureus, that is =)
Well, all their Naruto batches do not work and their servers are working fine.

How is TW fansubs better?
I personally choose ANBU & AONE because they've been around longer and I trust them with subs.
Old 2004-05-26, 18:30   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Well, all their Naruto batches do not work and their servers are working fine.

How is TW fansubs better?
I personally choose ANBU & AONE because they've been around longer and I trust them with subs.
I just tried the Naruto 31-40 Batch and it works completely fine. Which client are you using btw? (You most likely don't have a router problem because you can download other stuff, no?) If you really can't download the AonE stuff, I'd recommend you the TW subs (they are also the guys that brought you the Naruto Special 2 recently). They are around as long as AonE-ANBU, just slower with the subbing and IMO better because they keep the Jutsu names and explain the meaning at the top of the screen. Also the wording is better. Get their torrents here
Old 2004-05-26, 23:06   Link #5
AOforever1

Thumbs up

I have a router but ports are open, and I am using Torrent Storm with Shadows client. (yes I am aware that TS has some spyware I heard, but I haven't had ANY problems and I love their layout of the form)

I guess I'll resort to TW if another client does not work, or I can just continue using DC++.

Thanks for the help Sin.
Old 2004-05-27, 09:16   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I have a router but ports are open, and I am using Torrent Storm with Shadows client. (yes I am aware that TS has some spyware I heard, but I haven't had ANY problems and I love their layout of the form)

I guess I'll resort to TW if another client does not work, or I can just continue using DC++.

Thanks for the help Sin.
Sorry that I can't provide more help than that. But seriously, the TW subs are good and should download faster than DC++.

Hmm, did you actually try using another client like Azureus? I use it and I had no problems downloading the torrent, so maybe the client did not understand the tracker protocol (happens with old clients). Give it a shot.