AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 20:21   Link #21
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

lol, internet just went to crap again but it happened a few seconds AFTER my download got done. so after going, stopping, going , stopping since 8oclock in the morning, I can finally watch the new episode of Sailor moon live :|

I got rid of the shrek2 file.
got hijack this,

and here are the logs it created

Spoiler:
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:25   Link #22
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Bingo, put a check mark next to:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe

Then push the Fix Checked.

Restart, and pray!

Edit: Oh I almost forgot, close all open windows (including this one) before pushing the Fix Checked button.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:28   Link #23
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Restarting now,

im praying that it just doesn't block my internet acess :|

I'll post after the restart, so if you don't see another one, it means im bashing my head against the wall.
Old 2004-05-26, 20:34   Link #24
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic
lol, internet just went to crap again but it happened a few seconds AFTER my download got done. so after going, stopping, going , stopping since 8oclock in the morning, I can finally watch the new episode of Sailor moon live :|

I got rid of the shrek2 file.
Maybe you got infected because someone saw how you were downloading that anime

Why exactly did you delete Shrek 2? Not just because you did not want to download copyrighted stuff, or? There is a way to restore the file after all >_<

Off topic: Anyone else has the impression that this thread was tech support overkill (5 people on one problem)? There aren't any other threads to help the guys - maybe I should just register a new account, post in unlegitable English and answer with this account? Sounds like a plan...
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:38   Link #25
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

well,

Spoiler:

I got rid of shrek2 becuase I have never had the problem when downloading just anime,

mom was on suprnova looking for shrek2 around dinner time, when I woke up this morning, shrek2 was finished and was uploading at 0kb, and it wouldn't log off her account and was frozen,

so I figured it was the cuase.
Old 2004-05-26, 20:42   Link #26
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
well,

Spoiler:

I got rid of shrek2 becuase I have never had the problem when downloading just anime,

mom was on suprnova looking for shrek2 around dinner time, when I woke up this morning, shrek2 was finished and was uploading at 0kb, and it wouldn't log off her account and was frozen,

so I figured it was the cuase.
I know it's basic, but did you disable the system restoration? That could be the reason why the files are still there - and more importantly, how is your head?
Old 2004-05-26, 20:50   Link #27
GreenČ
It's Magic

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...tasklist_c.htm

"Cmanager
Cmanager.exe

(SBC ???) Connection Manager application for the SBC Yahoo DSL Internet access service. The Connection Manager enables you to start and connect your SBC Yahoo DSL connection. Note : Connection Manager is often bundled with Broadjump’s CorrectConnect (CCD.EXE).

Recommendation :
PC lock-ups, high CPU usage, and slow Internet connection are the main problems we have seen reported for this task, which beggars belief as we would have expected any ISP to ensure that the software they give their end-users would make their DSL service feel so fast and reliable that the users would recommend it to others. Not a bit of it here ! If you are technically advanced and know how to set up a dial-up connection to SBC Yahoo DSL, de-install Connection Manager via the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel and set up your connection manually instead."

How to setup a SBC Yahoo! DSL Connection from scratch!

Edit:
Also note http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7950.

Last edited by GreenČ; 2004-05-26 at 21:03.
GreenČ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:53   Link #28
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Spoiler:
So CFD.exe is still running even though you fixed it with HijackThis? This is rediculous.

Start up Windows in Safe Mode (hold down the Ctrl Key while booting). Delete the file at C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe. Reports say this can cause some weird Spanish error messages, but you can read Spanish right?

P.S. have you tried uninstalling your DSL software and reinstalling it from the CD or what ever it came with?
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:53   Link #29
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

eiii

That link got a bit to technical for me,

Ima gonna have to get a friend of mine to have a look at how to set it up manually like that
Old 2004-05-26, 20:55   Link #30
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
So CFD.exe is still running even though you fixed it with HijackThis? This is rediculous.

Start up Windows in Safe Mode (hold down the Ctrl Key while booting). Delete the file at C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe. Reports say this can cause some weird Spanish error messages, but you can read Spanish right?

P.S. have you tried uninstalling your DSL software and reinstalling it from the CD or what ever it came with?

nah, haven't tried that, let me give it a whirl. maybe if I am lucky there is a way to install it without the program.
Old 2004-05-26, 21:02   Link #31
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Why is everyone ignoring me?
Old 2004-05-26, 22:20   Link #32
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

:|

ohhh boy yall are gonna laugh at me,

so my mother gets home, I tell my mother what happened,

she says the only thing that has changed over the day was the firewall updated itself last night....

it put everything on the highest setting.
I reset everything to the original settings and now for the past 20 minutes bittorrent has been working just fine,

Im half way done downloading Monster episode 7 :|

I feel so stupid right now.
well thanks for all the help you guys were giving me before allright, It was really appreciated.
my head hurts.

Quote:
Why is everyone ignoring me?
I wasn't, I was reading ya post,
here sin, have a cookie
:gives sin a cookie:
Old 2004-05-26, 23:39   Link #33
GreenČ
It's Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
My bet is that Rhythmic did not have the latest reference files or we just found the ultimate spyware
It has got to be the ultimate spyware/malware. My guess is that part of the connection manager program checks to see if CFD.exe and related components are running, and if not, launches it automatically. With the firewall set to High, the firewall had likely blocked CFD.exe (or related) from accessing the web. Thus it can not be blocked from accessing the web, or else it will kill your connection, and then kill your computer session.

And as some users would likely believe from the ISP that they need this connection manager in order to access the internet, it would seem that those users would do nothing to interfere with its spyware operations.
GreenČ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 00:45   Link #34
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenČ
It has got to be the ultimate spyware/malware. My guess is that part of the connection manager program checks to see if CFD.exe and related components are running, and if not, launches it automatically. With the firewall set to High, the firewall had likely blocked CFD.exe (or related) from accessing the web. Thus it can not be blocked from accessing the web, or else it will kill your connection, and then kill your computer session.

And as some users would likely believe from the ISP that they need this connection manager in order to access the internet, it would seem that those users would do nothing to interfere with its spyware operations.

I think this is the best explanation. as everything is back to normal now that I put firewall settings to default normal. (it was at the highest settings for everything, wanted to block anything and everything)
so unless I have cfd.exe running my internet acess gets killed.

with bittorrent trying to keep going, or me doing anything else. it locked my PC up as multiple things are trying to run yet getting blocked.

ultimate spyware? hell yea.
Old 2004-05-27, 10:10   Link #35
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I think this is the best explanation. as everything is back to normal now that I put firewall settings to default normal. (it was at the highest settings for everything, wanted to block anything and everything)
so unless I have cfd.exe running my internet acess gets killed.

with bittorrent trying to keep going, or me doing anything else. it locked my PC up as multiple things are trying to run yet getting blocked.

ultimate spyware? hell yea.
What is the world coming to? Spyware bundled with the drivers for DSL, omg...
You know, if I were you I would write Yahoo! (or what your ISP was, lazy to double check ) a "friendly letter" and then I'd uninstall the DSL drivers completely and look for an alternative without the spyware. Did Windows XP actually need the DSL drivers to configure the internet access? In my case they weren't needed.
And don't forget: It is not a good thing to think about when someone knows your browsing habits since you are visting AnimeSuki and Suprnova which aren't really considered legal The question that remains is: How much attention would judges give spyware? Then again, it is a clever thing for the ISP: You don't want that customer anymore? Check in the spyware logs, point something illegal out, terminate the account^^

Oh, and something else: I don't like cookies