AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 05:20   Link #2621
boggart
鍵っ子

Nakamura Shunsuke is no longer at Celtic. News has it he's moving to Espanyol, instead of Yokohama F. Marinos ahead of the World Cup next year. Should be good to see him work on his technical ability in the Spanish La Liga.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:02   Link #2622
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well heard that Spurs and Utd were interest him but asides that he is Asian. I am curious about how Asian players are doing in European Leagues as I want to see how much progress has Asia have made over the years.
Well, there aren't many asian players in the european top leagues. It's still quite hard for them to keep up in terms of assertiveness and toughness. I remember Takahara who played at my hometown (Hamburg, germany) and he sadly was a failure. At his best, he was barely able to keep up. He lacked self esteem and the toughness to go against strong defenders. Well, later it got a bit better, but he just wasn't agressive enough. It happened quite often, that he rather passed the ball to another player instead of just trying to score the goal. You need alot of confidence and a bit of selfishness as a striker in europe.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 22:17   Link #2623
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
yeah i have also heard that he was a united target. don't know if he still isas this was like last season.

as for asians that play in europe i know of Park who is on rotation at united and a player that i like as he works really hard. also Nakamura is still at Celtic as far as i know. also on rotation. they do well. another SK player was also at spurs a couple of years ago. left back, Lee something. can't remember the name. i think he is in the dutch leauge now as far as i know.
That would be Lee Young Pyo who now plays for Dortmund in Bundesliga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Well, there aren't many asian players in the european top leagues. It's still quite hard for them to keep up in terms of assertiveness and toughness. I remember Takahara who played at my hometown (Hamburg, germany) and he sadly was a failure. At his best, he was barely able to keep up. He lacked self esteem and the toughness to go against strong defenders. Well, later it got a bit better, but he just wasn't agressive enough. It happened quite often, that he rather passed the ball to another player instead of just trying to score the goal. You need alot of confidence and a bit of selfishness as a striker in europe.
When it comes to strikers from Asia they do seem to lack those confidence and for some reasons they aren't really good at converting their chances to a goal I just think they tend to over think in front of goal. But those other quality you described I think that really applies to lot of Japanese players as a result of J-League being very nonphysical league. Hence they have hard time against the European opponents. Though despite that i have to say J-League is probably the best league in Asia.
Old 2009-06-24, 02:32   Link #2624
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, Morimoto doesn't seem to be troubled by strong defenders in Serie A, although at first it seemed like him as well had some issues on converting the good chances into goals. But then Zenga (for those of you who may remember him, Italy's legendary goalkeeper during the 80's/90's) became Catania's coach and since then Morimoto gained confidence and became more focused. It does look like he's trying a bit too hard at times, and that's why he still has a lot of room for improvement, but staying at a small club like Catania is still giving him plenty of experience specially since he's in the starting eleven and he's playing with a couple of good players like Mascara and Ledesma. He can learn a bit from them. Unless the club sells him this summer I'm curious to see how he'll do next season since Zenga has quit his coaching job and signed a contract with the rivals at Palermo.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-06-24 at 21:08.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:35   Link #2625
KimmyChan

I'm going to Man Utd's pre-season friendly match against Valencia at Old Trafford on August 5th

This'll be my third match attendence over the past year & also my first ever friendly match too

Last edited by KimmyChan; 2009-06-24 at 07:26.
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:19   Link #2626
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Good job USA. Now I'm really dying to read what the arrogant Spanish press and journalists will say after they spent the whole entire past week insulting us and already proclaiming a Brazil vs Spain final.
Old 2009-06-24, 19:59   Link #2627
-HyugaNeji-

Yeah Rofl...The first time the spanish win something after 40 years (euro08) and they think they're the greatest team ever. A bit of modesty would do them good. Losing against the USA is quite a wake up call i suppose...
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 02:46   Link #2628
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

What a shock result, there's goes my dream final of Spain vs Brazil. I guess Spain is going back to being the tournament chokers.

As for Spain being arrogant, personally I would love to see a country that's modest about winning a tournament. Italy? Nah. France? Pfft. England? Heh, they don't even have to win a tournament in recent in order to be arrogant about their team. I can only think of the Germans.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 05:07   Link #2629
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Italy arrogant? Since when? When we are the first to criticize our national team.
And we usually never badmouth other countries' either, we tend to mind our own business since we've always had our fair share of issues to think about.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-06-25 at 06:09.
Old 2009-06-25, 05:49   Link #2630
KimmyChan

Tevez is looking more & more likely to be leaving us for Manchester City after all

Can't say that this wasn't to be expected as such, but to MANCHESTER CITY of all teams?

Our most hated local rivals.....Boooooooooooooo!!!
Old 2009-06-25, 05:49   Link #2631
boggart
鍵っ子

Speechless. Still can't believe USA beat Spain... I'm still pinching myself wondering if it was all a bad nightmare...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 06:38   Link #2632
KimmyChan

I couldn't believe it either...And Spain are usually a pretty good team...Oh well
Old 2009-06-25, 07:11   Link #2633
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Italy arrogant? Since when? When we are the first to criticize our national team.
I think you didn't read "after winning a tournament" in my previous post.

For example: "Italy could beat anyone - even the Martians" Il Messaggero after Italy won the semi final in 2006. You keep denying yourself.
Old 2009-06-25, 07:13   Link #2634
KimmyChan

It's just as well really that the match wasn't as important, say, compared to a World Cup final
Old 2009-06-25, 07:42   Link #2635
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think you didn't read "after winning a tournament" in my previous post.

For example: "Italy could beat anyone - even the Martians" Il Messaggero after Italy won the semi final in 2006.
And that is being arrogant?
Excuse me but, can't a newspaper be overexcited when you have defeated the tournament hosts (Germany) in what was a tough and difficult match? Is that arrogant for you?

Arrogant is when you're already snubbing the opponents and projecting your thoughts directly to the finals like the spaniards did, or like english journalist are doing at Euro U-21 when they still have to face an opponent at the semifinals. WE NEVER DID THAT, we always considered opponent after opponent, since we have always learnt our lessons even against "lesser" teams in previous competitions.

Seriously, you can hate us and blame us for whatever reason you like (seems like hating on Italy has become a hobby as of recently), but arrogance is the last thing we do show.

Quote:
You keep denying yourself.
How am I denying myself? Did you ever see me acting arrogantly? Most of the times I tend to criticize and analyze Italy's issues, how is that an arrogant behaviour?
Old 2009-06-25, 08:52   Link #2636
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
How am I denying myself? Did you ever see me acting arrogantly? Most of the times I tend to criticize and analyze Italy's issues, how is that an arrogant behaviour?
I'm not saying that you were arrogant, what you are doing is denying the fact your own journalists and some of your people are being arrogant when Italy is doing well. In fact you're downplaying it by calling it "overexcited". If that's the case then I can easily defend Spain by doing the following:
Quote:
Arrogant is when you're already snubbing the opponents and projecting your thoughts directly to the finals like the spaniards did.
Excuse me but, can't a newspaper be overexcited when you're number one in the world, managed to reach the longest unbeaten record run in football of 35 matches which is shared with the most successful national team in the history of the sport: Brazil and every one is praising you? (note I don't agree with these views, it's just an example)

All I'm trying to say here is every one is arrogant when their team is doing well.

On a more personal note I think there's also a cultural barrier here, for example there's always something gold coloured on Italian shirts and I perceive that as arrogance while you'll probably just shrug it off and call is nothing more then a nice looking colour.
Old 2009-06-25, 08:55   Link #2637
KimmyChan

I can sense the heated discussion here eminating from my laptop screen right now

Changing the subject ever so slightly here now...I'm really looking forward to going to the Wembley Cup match on 26th July, where Spurs will be facing Celtic as this will be my first ever trip to Wembley Stadium
Old 2009-06-25, 09:03   Link #2638
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm not saying that you were arrogant, what you are doing is denying the fact your own journalists and some of your people are being arrogant when Italy is doing well. In fact you're downplaying it by calling it "overexcited". If that's the case then I can easily defend Spain by doing the following:
Excuse me but, can't a newspaper be overexcited when you're number one in the world, managed to reach the longest unbeaten record run in football of 35 matches which is shared with the most successful national team in the history of the sport: Brazil and every one is praising you? (note I don't agree with these views, it's just an example)

All I'm trying to say here is every one is arrogant when their team is doing well.

On a more personal note I think there's also a cultural barrier here, for example there's always something gold coloured on Italian shirts and I perceive that as arrogance while you'll probably just shrug it off and call is nothing more then a nice looking colour.
If the spanish press were simply "overexcited" I would have nothing to say, really. In fact before this competition started I really had nothing against them. During the Confed. Cup though they started attacking us for no reason at all (see past week articles about Rossi and Team Italy performance against USA). How do you call that behaviour? We never did anything like that toward other countries' teams. We may throw a joke or two at each other (like all the normal people do), but going on a crusade against an other national team? We do respect our opponents.

And since you mentioned Germany, do you want me to revive the nice cover that Bild published before that game?
Old 2009-06-25, 15:35   Link #2639
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Guess I was wrong about the Germans.

As for the match I really felt sorry for South Africa, it wasn't the prettiest match but Brazil didn't deserve that goal (it was a great free kick though).
Old 2009-06-25, 16:07   Link #2640
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Hey!! We didn't do anything! Don't you use "Bild" as source!! it's teh most horrible newpaper ever andthat cover isn't that bad... It's just a voting, no one took seriously... And the woting came out really bad anyway because after one of our player wasn't allowed to play anymore...most of us lost hope anyway! I don't know if ya understood it. it says basically: "Will we win or not?" just with a bad joke about pizza
And to prove my point again....don't use friggin BILD as source

Tags
football, soccer