AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-16, 17:07   Link #3061
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

the defense finally looks sort of solid with our two CB signings. Chamakah (or however you spell it) is such a hard worker and team player.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 23:34   Link #3062
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Last night's detail analysis
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 11:11   Link #3063
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 12:21   Link #3064
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
poor kid. i can only imagine his face after being down 3-0 against young boys.
Old 2010-09-24, 02:47   Link #3065
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-10-31, 16:26   Link #3066
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Anyone seen Nani's goal against Spurs? F**king hilarious .
Old 2011-03-17, 06:02   Link #3067
solomon

Helloooooo out there..........

Champions League has been going on and NO ONES talked about it?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 07:38   Link #3068
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

Maybe there aren't too many football fans here? Anyway, here's the list of the quarter final draw:

Chelsea vs MU
]--> Semifinal 1
Inter vs Schalke

]--> Final

Real Madrid vs Totenham
]--> Semifinal 2
Barca vs Shakhtar

Apologies for the horribly drawn ASCII. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the draw, my fave teams Totenham and Shaktar are pitted against strong opponents and is less likely to go to the semifinals. Oh, btw, the first leg is at Apr 5/6, the second leg the week after.
Old 2011-03-18, 11:41   Link #3069
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I always wanted to post in here.. but nobody else does.. so its like my own blog where I only talked to myself.. so yeah

If only we have our first XI for like .. 80% of the season :/

I'm pretty dissappointed with our current situation... but overall, I'm very happy with what the team (Yeah, thats me, the ever positive Arsenal fan), even tho the lost of Mickey Mouse cup was a bit hard to swallow considering the opponent and route we take to get there >.>

But hey, we got Mad Jens back Ever seen that youtube clip where he goes relieving himself behind his goal post .. Thats our mad Jens
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-03-19, 06:57   Link #3070
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Apologies for the horribly drawn ASCII. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the draw, my fave teams Totenham and Shaktar are pitted against strong opponents and is less likely to go to the semifinals. Oh, btw, the first leg is at Apr 5/6, the second leg the week after.
I have to admit I'm rooting for Real and Barça, for a selfish reason really, three el classico in the span of 10 days: 16 april (Liga match), 20 april (Copa del Rey final) and 26 april (potential CL SF clash) is too good to pass up.
Old 2011-03-19, 09:23   Link #3071
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

it seems like most of the "active" members on this thread are Arsenal fans...that's why this thread is not so active this year (I kid)

hmmm...MU got a bad draw, but at the very least they won't have to face Barca until the final (if they advance)....seems like Inter got the best draw imo
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 09:47   Link #3072
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Kicks justavisitor*

=__________________________________=

We still fighting for EPL and we gave you guys a sneak peek at how strong our first 11 are during January month D:

Hopefully that team can stay together for longer then a month next season

Quadruple next season .. at least, thats the plan
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-03-19, 10:00   Link #3073
justavisitor

Well, that's how a sport fan works, never missing any chance to dig at the opponent, even tho there is a high chance to backfire

seriously tho, I think Arsenal has a higher chance to win EPL...MU midfield is just....sigh but then again, that's typical MU for everyone (MU is counting more on wings?? but they are still counting on Giggs times and times again...XD)

I like Arsenal's direction to go young...but seems like they are always missing something every year (maybe coaching??)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 10:19   Link #3074
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Injuries really.. for some reason its like we take all the injuries for every other team and distribute it among our players

Disappointing TBH.

We now running with the only 2 fit CBs (who, are really, 3rd and 4th choice for us), and the 3rd choice GK.. 3rd choice holding MF too( no Song, no Abou) and off form Arshavin and Tomas :/

And currently 1-0 down to WBA =.=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-03-19, 10:28   Link #3075
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I have to admit I'm rooting for Real and Barça, for a selfish reason really, three el classico in the span of 10 days: 16 april (Liga match), 20 april (Copa del Rey final) and 26 april (potential CL SF clash) is too good to pass up.
I admit, it does look pretty tempting...if that does happen though, Mou and Pep really has to think hard to manage their resources and substitutions, there's no way their usual winning 11 can last all those three matches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I always wanted to post in here.. but nobody else does.. so its like my own blog where I only talked to myself.. so yeah

If only we have our first XI for like .. 80% of the season :/

I'm pretty dissappointed with our current situation... but overall, I'm very happy with what the team (Yeah, thats me, the ever positive Arsenal fan), even tho the lost of Mickey Mouse cup was a bit hard to swallow considering the opponent and route we take to get there >.>

But hey, we got Mad Jens back Ever seen that youtube clip where he goes relieving himself behind his goal post .. Thats our mad Jens
I'm not much of an Arsenal fan myself, but it must really sting to be kicked out of three competitions in less than a month. Especially Carling, how the hell did you guys miss that one? Barca and MU I understand, but Birmingham...well, there's still the EPL title, leapfrogging MU won't be easy but there's no better time as MU is the one hit by injury storm this time, and their concentration will be divided between their three titles. Still, the loss of Johan Djorou must have hurt a lot. Personally, I think he's the best and most consistent player next to Wilshere.

Yeah I was that video, Mad Jens indeed...isn't he also the one who got the record for Goalkeeper with most booking in a season, as well as the only player ever who got a red card on a European final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
it seems like most of the "active" members on this thread are Arsenal fans...that's why this thread is not so active this year (I kid)

hmmm...MU got a bad draw, but at the very least they won't have to face Barca until the final (if they advance)....seems like Inter got the best draw imo
The Lady Luck must have really fancied them, they couldn't get a better draw even if they pick it themselves. They still need to be careful though, unless Neuer and Raul are going to crush their dreams.
Old 2011-03-21, 16:32   Link #3076
solomon

Question for football heads

Is there some mandated limit on how many teams can be in your league? Every place I see has no more than 20 in the top flight yet our league head in the US is looking to go over 20 teams some time in the future (if the money opens up).
Old 2011-03-22, 00:19   Link #3077
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

There wasnt any AFAIK. But most countries have about 10 months per season. EPL is from August to mid May for example. 20 teams means there are 38 league games, 1 games per week will bring to roughly 9 and half month.. so just enough. Add some cup games, and the dreaded interlull (international breaks). And some leagues (Italian and French have them - I'm not following other leagues religiously as I do with EPL) have winter break as well.

Its more about time constraint really.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-03-22, 19:34   Link #3078
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, that's how a sport fan works, never missing any chance to dig at the opponent, even tho there is a high chance to backfire

seriously tho, I think Arsenal has a higher chance to win EPL...MU midfield is just....sigh but then again, that's typical MU for everyone (MU is counting more on wings?? but they are still counting on Giggs times and times again...XD)

I like Arsenal's direction to go young...but seems like they are always missing something every year (maybe coaching??)
It's mental toughness.

I've been an Arsenal fan since before I can remember and can't help but laugh when I think back to how resilient past Gunner squads were and look at the teams Wenger has put together the past 5 or 6 seasons.

Even against teams they should squash, Arsenal seemingly find ways to fold if the opponent starts taking the fight to them.

Untimely injuries and the club's annoying refusal to splash a little money have also been an issues. But the talent hasn't so glaring the team should still trophyless after so long.

It comes down to digging down deep and gutting out wins when you have to. And too often for a long time, Arsenal simply haven't done that.
Old 2011-03-23, 06:45   Link #3079
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I would love to hear Shindo's take about current Juventus condition.
Old 2011-03-26, 20:11   Link #3080
solomon

WOW! We drew Argentina!! Wasn't expecting that at ALL, especially considering the first half.

Tags
football, soccer