AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 07:57   Link #3161
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I would talk about the U-17 WC but I don't think anyone cares lol..
Oh, I definitely do. Who are you rooting for?

My team (Germany) is going to meet England in the quarters, after they won against Argentina in (you won't believe it!!!) PENALTIES!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 04:44   Link #3162
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL .. any red card to England side

And the transfer season is truly up and running yesterday.. thus, as a good Arsenal fan .. I'm hiding away at world's end. Reading headlines is like @.@

I keep my feed on Arseblog and Untold Arsenal.. the rest of the blogosphere would simply be going for the headlines craps.. and I wont give them a single hit. Ever.

Liverpool team coming to Malaysia next week.. Then followed by Arsenal, then Chelsea. The ticket ranged from RM50 IIRC, but u see ants running from where those stands are, to a whopping RM350 .. Still havent decide if I should go for the Arsenal one.. if I get some of my cousins to go as well, I prolly be there.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:27   Link #3163
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

The American Women's team had another awesome showing last night when they literally took Columbia apart. Final score 3:0, but based on the chances it should have been more like 13:0.

They had by far the best showings in the tournament so far, and are (in my book) prime favorites to take it, as long as they don't get nervous and fall apart once they run into a tough opponent.

Kudos, their football is wonderful to look at!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 15:34   Link #3164
solomon

Heloooooo out there!

Anybody home?

Anyone watching any Champs League or Euro Action?

Also had a question for football heads. Ligue 1 is like in the top 5 leagues in Europe right? So how come they neither win the Champs League nor have the same following as the other 4 big ones?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 19:38   Link #3165
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Also had a question for football heads. Ligue 1 is like in the top 5 leagues in Europe right? So how come they neither win the Champs League nor have the same following as the other 4 big ones?
Marseille won it in 1993. The traditional powerhouses like PSG and Marseille have been sleeping giants for a while now, without owners that were prepared to invest enough to be able to compete on a European level. Lyon has been the top team in Ligue 1 for the last decade but never quite made it to the top in Europe. It's a very competative league but defensive football hasn't helped it's popularity. Afaik there is some competition from Rugby in parts of France.

As for the Champions league, it's been a joke for over a decade. Most teams are just in it to collect some cash. The Bosman-ruling effectively killed all the top teams from smaller leagues. Currently only a handful of clubs from England, Spain and Italy can afford to have and retain enough top players on the payroll to be competitive in both their home league and the CL for more than a season (plus can raid any upstart for talented players). These teams either have a billionaire owners or get most of the TV-revenues of their league (Barca and Real).

Last edited by Bri; 2011-10-07 at 19:49. Reason: spelling
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 16:26   Link #3166
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

threads been dead for a while.

i'll start. hopefully AVB will stay. now taht Anelka and Alex are hopefully(fingers crossed) going in Jan and we are getting Pizon. that will help us. the moral is low but i think if we just stick with AVB he can make a difference.
now we just need to get rid of the rest of the deadweight, Bosingwa, Mikel, Ferrera, Kalou and Malouda. give chances to Lukaku, McEachran and Kakuta when he comes back.
as for getting new players getting young players will make the difference like Vrsaljko, Christian Eriksen and Eden Hazard. as for them wanting to come to us is another matter.
id much prefer Hazard over Neymar. Neymar clearly wants to go to real or barca. so let him.

nice to see Martin O'neil back. he can turn Sunderland around.

anyone else think Pep Guardiola is gonna quit at the end of the season? i keep thinking after the euro Del Bosque is gonna leave as spain coach and Guardiola will take over. though who will take over Barca is another question. could see AVB but, i would rather he stay with us.

Last edited by kayote; 2011-12-04 at 16:39.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:58   Link #3167
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

So how about that Euro 2012 draw? Group A looks uninteresting, group B is the group of death, group C is also tough and as for group D, well England has a relatively easy group as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
anyone else think Pep Guardiola is gonna quit at the end of the season? i keep thinking after the euro Del Bosque is gonna leave as spain coach and Guardiola will take over. though who will take over Barca is another question. could see AVB but, i would rather he stay with us.
I see AVB returning to Porto before I see him at Barça. As for Guardiola coaching the Spanish team, while I would love to see that happen rumour has it he'll go to Qatar for the cash besides I thought Catalans coaching the Spanish national team is something that doesn't happen.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:15   Link #3168
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Oh god, the current top two English clubs are going to the Europa League, EUROPA LEAGUE! I love this sport, I really do.
Old 2011-12-07, 20:13   Link #3169
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

yeah, that's a big deal. both manchester teams out..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:25   Link #3170
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

There were rumours of Inter wanting to get Guardiola next season. But now that they are unlikely to make top 3 to qualify for next CL, the chance looks increasingly remote.

Or perhaps he will move on to a top English team. I think AVB will stay on at Chelsea. Mancini will stay on if he wins the league. But Ferguson and Wenger may or may not quit at the end of season.

And both Manchester clubs out of CL. This is a beautiful day for the world of football.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 02:31   Link #3171
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Oh my...
Netherlands is on group B, the toughest group on Euro2012...

And joy to both Manchester team out from CL...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:52   Link #3172
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i loved thursday. it was the best day. wednesday night was sssssssooooooooo great. i was so worried that we were gonna be out. valencia are a good team, not the team they used to be but, they can still create problems. didn't think united would have problems. i thought with thair squad they would qualifie.

my heart warmed when City didn't qualifie.

cant wait for the CL draw. bring it on. i want the toughst route to the final. and it'll be a miricle if we get there.
Old 2011-12-09, 17:18   Link #3173
solomon

What no comment on the Zagreb-Lyon betting deal?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:05   Link #3174
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What no comment on the Zagreb-Lyon betting deal?
First I've heard about that one...explain?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:39   Link #3175
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
First I've heard about that one...explain?
Ajax and Lyon were competing for second place in group D. Before the last match round Ajax had a 3 point lead and a 7 goal advantage over Lyon.

Ajax played their last match at home against Real Madrid. Lyon played an away match against Zagreb. Ajax went 1 goal behind then 2 times the equalizer was incorrectly disallowed. By half time they were 2-0 behind. Hearing the news from Zagreb Ajax desperately attacked near the end. Real Madrid used the openings given to score one more time at the end of the match. The game ended 0-3.

Zagreb lost a man early on due to a red card but Lyon went 1-0 behind but then equalized just before halftime .

In the second half Lyon "miraculously" scored 6 goals in less than 30 minutes. Which was enough to take second place in the group. Zagreb had thrown the game.

This all raised questions what had happened in these two matches. There were suspicions of match fixing by gambling syndicates. However UEFA and a French monitoring agency found no signs of strange betting behavior. The wrongly disallowed goals in the Ajax match are probably due to incompetence by the linesman rather then any foul play.

At the moment two theories still circulate: Zagreb had sold the match to Lyon in exchange for part of the proceeds for placement to the next round. The other theory is that the Zagreb players had grown tired of their coach and threw the game to get him sacked. The problem with the latter theory is why they allowed so many goals to affect the outcome of the standings in the group.

It's unlikely that UEFA will intervene unless the referee in the Lyon-Zagreb game reports of any wrong doing. Question remains if Lyon got lucky or were part of it.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 19:43   Link #3176
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

I watched highlights of both Lyon and Ajax games. The two disallowed goals in Ajax game were close calls - the player was almost in line or just behind the last defender. The 6 quick goals in Lyon games, however, were suspicious. It was quite obvious that Zagreb players did not even try to defend. Players did not close down gaps and were mostly ball-watching as Lyon players pass through with ease. Proving any wrongdoing will be difficult, but for the sake of integrity of the sport, UEFA should investigate the game to clear the doubts.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:21   Link #3177
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

disappointed that Barcelona won, but happy that Cesc scored. and RVP's goal. stunning.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-12-11, 10:43   Link #3178
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
disappointed that Barcelona won, but happy that Cesc scored. and RVP's goal. stunning.
Indeed. Perfect pass by Song and Robin struck it beautifully. I'm praying he stays healthy.
Old 2011-12-12, 18:37   Link #3179
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

best week of the season.

i love it when we prove people wrong. 2:1. love it. first beating Valencia and now ending City's winning run. AVB knows what he is doing and we all just need to Believe in him.

i have Believed and will continue tto Believe. Feel sorry for Lamps a little bit, but others need games to grow. i thank the man above that we got Romeu and Mikel is shown to be the hack that he is.
Old 2011-12-12, 20:25   Link #3180
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

there can be only one invincibles... sorry citeh.

Tags
football, soccer