AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-17, 16:13   Link #361
7thMethuselah

Belgium lost the WC qualification game against Servia : 0-2
Basically this means that the World Championship in Germany is now unreachable for our country. Mathematically it's still possible but from realistic point of view it's all over.

The game started disastrous , with an early goal for Servia after (yet another) sloppy pass. Servia then switched to a strong aggresive defense all over the field, combined with a couple uninspired players, we weren't able to create much chances.
After midterm our game improved but a few good servian actions lead to a 0-2 and then our team just stopped trying. We had a couple chances during the game but they got screwed over in the most stupid way...

Ah well, I just noticed England is playing Spain on BBC, I'm gonna try and enjoy that game, I love englands team

Edit 1 - crap, it seems Spain is allready leading by 1-0 ...
Edit 2 - LOL, what the hell is wrong with Wayne Rooney He doesn't like the Spanish
Edit 3 - And England loses what a sad evening...

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-11-17 at 17:55.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 23:33   Link #362
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Racism stuns England
From correspondents in Madrid
November 18, 2004

1-0
A SLICK Spain side claimed a deserved win in an ill-tempered friendly marred by racist chanting at the Bernabeu Stadium today.

Spanish fans chant racist abuse /Reuters

Athletic Bilbao defender Asier del Horno scored the winner when he looped a header past 'keeper Paul Robinson in the ninth minute after the English defence had failed to clear a corner from Barcelona midfielder Xavi.

Spain should have extended their lead midway through the half when they were awarded a penalty after Raul went down as Robinson swiped the ball away from his feet.

But the England 'keeper produced a fine diving stop to save the striker's spot kick.

England striker Alan Sith (left) is felled by Spain's Pablo Ibinez during their Madrid friendly. /Reuters

England players Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips were treated to a chorus of monkey noises every time they touched the ball, and large sections of the crowd joined in racist chants during the game.

England skipper David Beckham said he was surprised by the chants.

"I was surprised about the racism," he said.

"It is something the FA and people in the world of football are trying to cut it out.

"The players just get on with the game and they are strong enough to deal with it."

England boss Sven Goran Eriksson said a protest should be made.

"When things like that (the chants) happen something should be done.

"But it's not up to me to say what. It's up to the English FA, Spain and FIFA, but there must be some protest," said the Swede.

England never looked comfortable as Spain heaped on the pressure in midfield and the visitors were reduced to playing hopeful balls to the isolated Michael Owen up front.

Fellow striker Wayne Rooney was taken off before halftime after he was booked for pushing Spain 'keeper Iker Casillas and followed up with a late challenge on defender Carlos Marchena.

Spain continued to dominate after the break as they stroked the ball around the midfield to the delight of the home crowd, but the rhythm of the game was dominated by the stream of second-half substitutions.

Reuters
Old 2004-11-18, 05:52   Link #363
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
A SLICK Spain side claimed a deserved win in an ill-tempered friendly marred by racist chanting at the Bernabeu Stadium today.
Well, tempers got quite overheated just before the break, as Wayne Rooney took on the Spanish quite a few times, pushing the others guy into the crowd isn't exactly diplomatic. And then a tackle which was harmless but looked like a assassination attempt. A minute later Cole and a few other english players clearly reacted overheated. But the racist songs were not to be called nice either.
I believe this was a friendly encounter

Old 2004-11-18, 17:26   Link #364
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
you might be surprised to find out that some of these athletes can be VERY smart and very educated.

Anyway, as 7thMethuselah posted earlier, football is a form of entertainment. Some people enjoy and others don't. You seem to belong in the group that doesn't. But just because it's not fun to u doesn't mean you should put it down.

And yes, it's a bit sickening to know that some of these players make an insane amount of money. but again, it's a just supply and demand. can you find me someone who can dribble and fire the ball like zidane (one of the best players in the world)? You could scour the world far and wide and I bet you won't be able to find more than 5 people who can do it better than Zidane. If you ever watch him play, you would know. It's pure art when you see him play. yes, anyone can kick and pass a ball. but can you do it well ~ on the level of professional athletes? can you pass the ball 40 yards at high velocity with accuracy and hit your teammate while he's running at top speed? can you score that goal when you got professional football players defending the goal post? Have you ever tried to play football as a matter fact? If not, try it. It looks so easy on tv but we're talking about professionals who make it look easy. Try it yourself and you'll see how difficult and how great these athletes are. It takes talent, a bit of luck and pure dedication to make it to the very top. That goes with sports and anything else.

Also, the very best make tons of money but the average football player doesn't. There are multiple levels of divisions and most of them make an average salary. The structure is about the same for doctors actually. Most doctors make more than enough money to live very well but the top earn millions because they are highly skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
no wayyyy, we are in need of more doctors for the NHS .... in huge demand ... anyoen can end up kicking a ball and passing to the guy who will score, but not everyone can find out a problem with a patient ...

if you asked a doctor what football is ... ie, offside ... he would know ...

where as if you asked a footballer ie david beckham, how many bones in your arm are there .... he will draw a blank ... knowledge is the REAL power, but yet, people who play football earn so much...

dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 19:28   Link #365
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Saturday's Premiership fixtures

Arsenal vs. West Bromwich Albion
Chelsea vs. Bolton
Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle
Everton vs. Fulham
Manchester Utd vs. Charlton
Middlesbrough vs. Liverpool
Norwich vs. Southampton
Portsmouth vs. Manchester City
Old 2004-11-20, 05:28   Link #366
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
Wow, it's really great to have a football section here, since i am new here may I ask which football teams do you guys support (if in UK).....

I am also from Buckinghamshire, Elevan Path , it;s nice knowing a big anime fan fan close by

Thanks very much .....

Mike
Old 2004-11-20, 06:44   Link #367
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanimemike
Wow, it's really great to have a football section here, since i am new here may I ask which football teams do you guys support (if in UK).....
Spoiler:

Tough decision for Benitez this afternoon, Mellor or Pongolle?
Old 2004-11-20, 06:53   Link #368
Scrumhalf

Thumbs up Go the Maggies!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-21, 18:09   Link #369
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the football ticket on 1st December MU Vs Arsenal.... i think it's going to be a great match. What do you guys thinks about that coming match ....?

Mike
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:04   Link #370
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
I am trying to get the football ticket on 1st December MU Vs Arsenal.... i think it's going to be a great match. What do you guys thinks about that coming match ....?
It will certainly be enjoyable if a certain side came with blank ammunition. Enjoy your prawn sandwich.

Being the Carling Cup, would both sides field a team that is their second selection or such... or would they have the first team kill each other again
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 12:27   Link #371
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Code:
Premiership table

Team             PTS
1. Chelsea          33
2. Arsenal          31
3. Everton          29
4. Middlesbrough    25
5. Manchester Utd   24
6. Bolton           23
7. Aston Villa      21
8. Liverpool        20
9. Newcastle        19
10. Charlton        18
11. Manchester City 17
12. Portsmouth      15
13. Fulham          14
14. Birmingham      13
15. Tottenham       13
16. Crystal Palace  12
17. Southampton     11
18. Norwich         11
19. West Brom       10
20. Blackburn       10
Gerrard's return to Premiership action in the second half wasn't enough to save us from defeat on saturday.

Final score: Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Liverpool.

Next stop is Monaco in Champions League this tuesday. A victory would guarantee our qualification for the next phase but it'll be a tough game, especially without Baros.

Code:
Group A

Team       PTS
Olympiacos  7
Liverpool   7
Monaco      6
Deportivo   2
Old 2004-11-22, 13:30   Link #372
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Whoa whoa theres actually a football thread this big, i thought it was bout american football so i never looked at it, but its actually football football

Man United vs. Lyon match tomoz
I see sum nistelrooy goals coming

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Mike
It's gonna be rubbish, both teams fielding their youngsters and hardly any of their first team members
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:52   Link #373
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Man United vs. Lyon match tomoz
Tomorrow's game against Lyon will be Fergie's 1,000th match as United manager.
Old 2004-11-23, 13:59   Link #374
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Who saw Solano's goal against Tottenham yesterday?

It was soooo SICKKKK, gots ta be goal of the month, and contender for goal of the year, too good for words

anyone know where to get a video clip of that goal?

EDIT: Man United 2 - 1 Lyon WOOHOO!!

Last edited by elniro; 2004-11-23 at 16:39.
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:59   Link #375
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Garcia injured... 1-0 defeat... very bad night for Liverpool.

Code:
Group A

Team       PTS
Olympiacos 10
Monaco      9
Liverpool   7
Deportivo   2
We can still qualify if we beat Olympiacos by 2 goals on matchday 6.

Tonight's scores

Monaco 1-0 Liverpool
Olympiacos 1-0 Deportivo
Dynamo Kiev 2-0 Roma
Real Madrid 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich 5-1 Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Juventus 1-0 Ajax
Manchester United 2-1 Lyon
Sparta Prague 0-1 Fenerbahçe
Old 2004-11-23, 17:43   Link #376
7thMethuselah

I saw Madrid vs Leverkusen, what a boring game

First half Madrid was playing sloppy, almost as if they didn't care. Lots of ball losses which resulted in many fast counters by Leverkusen, the 1-0 at that time was well deserved. Second half Leverkusen obviously went for the strategy of defending their 1-0 lead, after all their coach had said in advance he wanted to come home with one point at least.

Did this increase Madrid's play? Nope not at all, no one taking actions, no movement on the field, a very low tempo, it took until the 60-65 th minute before the game became actually attractive, Finally Real was starting to play they way it should've done in the first hour. This resulted in a number of small chances. And then out of this air a beautiful action by Figo followed by a 1-2 with Zidane, Figo alone for the keeper, gives a smart pass to Raul and 1-1. This was a perfect play.

Madrid then kept the pressure up but couldn't score, around minute 80 Zidane was able to get a penalty, Figo will kick it. I don't know how or why but he hesitates and then misses .....

After that some more attempts, a panicky 10 minutes before Leverkusens goal but nothing went in.

All in all a rather dissapointing game, Madrid played well for 15-20 minutes, Leverkusen countered and play a well organised defense.

Ah well, tomorrow Anderlecht (local team) will play Valencia, so there won't be much of a game, Valencia will probably annihilate Anderlecht. Maybe I'll watch Arsenal instead.

Old 2004-11-23, 19:21   Link #377
Enron
Banned

Man, this is a tough season for Dallas Cowboys fans..

Oh wait.....

This is a SOCCER thread!
Enron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:07   Link #378
Scrumhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron

Oh wait.....

This is a SOCCER thread!
I think its about time a separate thread of "football" should be created for confused fans in the United States; preferably around SuperBowl time.

Congratulations to Sir Alex Ferguson's milestone as coach of Manchester United, beating Lyon 2-1 - thanks to goals by Gazza Neville & Ruud.
Old 2004-11-24, 09:41   Link #379
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Hello Everyone

Just want to say "Well-done" to MU, I know they going to win it because of the 1000 match for the Manager ......

Let hope they also win on 1st December match and keep up the good work MU.
Old 2004-11-24, 10:20   Link #380
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron

Oh wait.....

This is a SOCCER thread!
So 95.2% of the world population is misguided when Football to them is a game played with a round ball. Note: Rugby is also known as Rugby Football.

As far as I know, the game known as American Football ( an offshoot of Rugby which is an offshoot or near cousin of Football ) is only played popularly in just one nation ( 4.8% of the world ), and was started 70+ years after the start of Football and Rugby. Whereas the game known as Football is played internationally around the whole globe, enjoying a popular status in a high majority of the nations.

This webpage is hosted in Germany ( guess what Germans enjoy kicking around for sports ), visited by internationals the world over. So what is Football? Yes, a game played by kicking a round ball on a rectangular field with the objective of getting the ball into the back of the opponent's net as much as possible.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer