AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 12:35   Link #381
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Got it spot on Yebyosh, the world recognises football and plays it, whereas only USA play AMERICAN FOOTBALL, and yet they still insist on calling it football and football soccer??
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:40   Link #382
7thMethuselah

Tonight's Champions League's Match-ups

PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal
Rosenborg vs Panathinaikos
Barcelona vs Celtic Glasgow
Milan vs Shakhtar
Anderlecht vs Valencia
Werder Bremen vs Inter Milan
Chelsea vs Paris SG
CSKA Moskva vs Porto

Moscow vs Porto is 0-1 at the moment : a goal by McCarthy in the 28th minute, Moscow missed a penalty in minute 35. It's not the most pleasant weather in Moscow right now, the game is taking place at - 10 Celcius

I'll be following either Anderlecht - Valencia or PSV - Arsenal

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 16:50   Link #383
7thMethuselah

Today's Results

PSV 1-1 Arsenal
Rosenborg 2-2 Panathinaikos
Barcelona 1-1 Celtic
Milan 4-0 Shakhtar
Anderlecht 1-2 Valencia
Bremen 1-1 Inter
Chelsea 0-0 PSG
CSKA Moskva 0-1 Porto

Aaargh Anderlecht lost to Valencia

Anderlecht started strong, a couple of players that were outta form since a few weeks were again playing at the top of their abilities, Bassegio's passes were accurate, Aruna's moves were back, Vanderhaeghe returned and played a strong defense, not to mention Kompany who was as secure as ever. Valencia had to fall back and was playing on the counter. Anderlecht got a few chances and half-chances but then a fast (and perfectly executed) counter by Valencia in minute 19 and 0-1, goal by Corradi. Anderlecht then increased it's attacks, created more chances but couldn't score, but Aruna did get a penalty (which is very questionable). Zetterberg shoots ... and misses but in the rebound Wilhelmsson is able to get it in, 1-1 in minute 25. The rest of the first half is Anderlecht attacking and a strong Valencia defense.

Second hald starts bad, 3 minutes in the game and a fast counter by Valencia perfectly executed and 1-2, goal by Di Vaio. Anderlecht then fades away, and isn't able to set up a decent attack untill the final 15 minutes. Last quarter is a fierce one but to no avail, Anderlecht loses again and is out of Europe, only a game for honor against Inter Milan remains.

I'm dissapointed, Anderlecht played a good game and deserved the draw at least, but football can be a cruel sport

Anyway : Tomorrow's games

UEFA-Cup

Amica vs Alkmaar
Schalke vs Ferencváros
Standard vs Parma
Club Brugge vs Utrecht
Dnipro vs Austria
Rangers vs GAK
Dinamo Tbilisi vs Sporting
Benfica vs Dinamo Zagreb
Zenit vs Sevilla
Basel vs Hearts
Steaua vs Besiktas
Sochaux vs Newcastle
Villarreal vs Middlesbrough
Lazio vs Partizan
AEK Athens vs Lille
Heerenveen vs Stuttgart

Brugge vs Utrecht, a very interesting match-up, the classical "duel van de lage landen (duel of the netherlands ) " Sidder en beef nederlanders, want Brugge is de laatste weken goed in vorm

Edit : Congratulations to PSV for making it to the 2nd round for the first time ever

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-11-24 at 17:08.
Old 2004-11-24, 19:27   Link #384
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Tonight's Champions League's Match-ups

PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal
Rosenborg vs Panathinaikos
Barcelona vs Celtic Glasgow
Milan vs Shakhtar
Anderlecht vs Valencia
Werder Bremen vs Inter Milan
Chelsea vs Paris SG
CSKA Moskva vs Porto

Moscow vs Porto is 0-1 at the moment : a goal by McCarthy in the 28th minute, Moscow missed a penalty in minute 35. It's not the most pleasant weather in Moscow right now, the game is taking place at - 10 Celcius

I'll be following either Anderlecht - Valencia or PSV - Arsenal
You know what's funny? This week all the 3 portuguese clubs still on internacional competitions face Eastern Europe teams.

If the weather in Tbilisi continues as windy as it was today, the game may be postponed
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 05:31   Link #385
elniro

Arsenal's lovely disciplinary record continues, as not one but TWOOO arsenal players get sent off, and Arsenal were complaining that man united were playing too rough against them, Arsenal do that with every team, complaining ********
Old 2004-11-25, 09:16   Link #386
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
So 95.2% of the world population is misguided when Football to them is a game played with a round ball. Note: Rugby is also known as Rugby Football.

As far as I know, the game known as American Football ( an offshoot of Rugby which is an offshoot or near cousin of Football ) is only played popularly in just one nation ( 4.8% of the world ), and was started 70+ years after the start of Football and Rugby. Whereas the game known as Football is played internationally around the whole globe, enjoying a popular status in a high majority of the nations.

This webpage is hosted in Germany ( guess what Germans enjoy kicking around for sports ), visited by internationals the world over. So what is Football? Yes, a game played by kicking a round ball on a rectangular field with the objective of getting the ball into the back of the opponent's net as much as possible.
Here, here, lets hope the yanks get it next time.

Anyway can't someone fast forward time to june 2006, i wana watch the world cup!!!
Old 2004-11-25, 12:14   Link #387
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoko
Here, here, lets hope the yanks get it next time.

Anyway can't someone fast forward time to june 2006, i wana watch the world cup!!!
Hehe, watch the qualifications for now

And if you really wanna watch all the stars, the champions league's first round is about to end, after that you can expect alot of attractive match-ups, I wonder if Real Madrid will make it

Edit : UEFA - CUP : First half of Brugge - Utrecht (0-0) and Standard Liège - Parma (0-1) are over. I've been watching Standard Liège vs Parma, a good game so far, Standard is attacking pretty enthousiastic and fast, however it is making faults in the midfield. Parma is playing well organised. So far Standard has been more or less in control, but a flaw in midfield allowed a fast counter by Parma which resulted in a goal by Pisanu in minute 43. A bit cruel, Standard was the better team so far imo

Edit 2 : And Standard and Brugge win !
The Standard - Parma game was one of the best I've seen lately, lotsa chances, lots of exitement and a real thriller. It wasn't untill the 95th minute that Standard was able to take the win . The recieved a free kick right outside the 16 and a perfect kick was all it took, awesome game

Allez les rouges !

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-11-25 at 16:09.
Old 2004-11-26, 10:29   Link #388
elniro

whoa man ur a footie fanatic! lol
I'm only ever interested in man united matches and the occasional major matches between major clubs like real madrid vs. barcelona for instance. I'll watch the odd premiership game here and there
Old 2004-11-26, 14:59   Link #389
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
whoa man ur a footie fanatic! lol
I'm only ever interested in man united matches and the occasional major matches between major clubs like real madrid vs. barcelona for instance. I'll watch the odd premiership game here and there
Lol, I'm not that much of a football fanatic but I do think it's a very exiting sport to watch. The coolest thing about it is that the best team doesn't neccesarally win.
In fact I'm only following European football closely (EUFA CUP and Champions League), I'm not that much into our own competition since it's always one of two teams that wins

And I absolutely love European or World Championships, on those days you better not bother me

Old 2004-11-26, 17:48   Link #390
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Saturday's Premiership fixtures

Fulham vs. Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham vs. Norwich
Bolton vs. Portsmouth
Charlton vs. Chelsea
Southampton vs. Crystal Palace
West Bromwich Albion vs. Manchester United
Manchester City vs. Aston Villa

Sunday's Premiership fixtures

Newcastle vs. Everton
Tottenham vs. Middlesbrough
Liverpool vs. Arsenal

Liverpool injury list

Vladimir Smicer
Djibril Cisse
Milan Baros
Luis Garcia New!
Joesmi New!
Djimi Traore New!

It should have been a draw in Monaco, Saviola clearly used his hand to control the ball...
Old 2004-11-28, 07:33   Link #391
elniro

Man United 3 - 0 WBA

BOOM!

Scholes scores 2, so thats 3 goals in 2 games, he's back to his top form. United gon rip it now
Old 2004-11-29, 04:29   Link #392
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
Sunday's Premiership fixtures

Liverpool vs. Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP
Liverpool 2 Arsenal 1
A STUNNING injury-time Neil Mellor goal gave Liverpool a deserved Premiership win at Anfield today.

Liverpool striker Neil Mellor races to the Kop after scoring an injury-time winner against Arsenal at Anfield /AFP

The defeat was only the second in 55 league games for the champions but, worringly for manager Arsene Wenger, his first choice side have now won just one of their last 10 games and lie a daunting five points behind leaders Chelsea while offering little evidence of breaking out of their current slump.

"It is a fantastic result," said Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

"We were great in the first-half and we did great things with the ball and without the ball."

Patrick Vieira hit a 57th minute equaliser after Xabi Alonso put Liverpool ahead in the first-half and they were hoping for a point until Mellor's last minute strike.

"The ball just dropped and I hit it, in front of the Kop in the last minute against Arsenal, one of the top sides in Europe," said Mellor.

"I just went into it like any ordinary game, I've scored plenty of goals in the reserves and the lads have been really supportive of me."

Arsenal are going through their worst run of form in four years and Wenger reckoned his side are on the receiving end of some bad luck.

"If I had an obvious explanation I would have sorted it out already," said the Frenchman.

"At the moment everything goes against us and that's a good way to show how strong we are. Every mistake at the moment we pay for it. You have periods like that and we've gone through that before. It's time for us to realise that we have to be much more consequent."

Reds midfielder Steven Gerrard is hoping his side can use the victory to kick start their Premiership campaign.

"We've come off a couple of defeats, and to have Arsenal at home, that's a game we didn't want but we went into it with the right attitude and hopefully this is a turning point in the season," said the England midfielder.

Gerrard added that Liverpool are not just aiming to scrape into the last Champions League qualifying position.

"We don't want top four. There's no talk of top four here. We're aiming higher than that," he said.

For Liverpool, this game provided a timely boost after the spate of injuries that have almost completely eradicated Benitez's squad of recognised strikers.

Indeed, Mellor was only making a rare first team appearance because of the absence of Djibril Cisse, Milan Baros and Luis Garcia but the reserve team forward responded superbly when he latched onto a loose ball and drilled home beyond Jens Lehmann from fully 20 yards.

Equally pleasing for Benitez was the display of Gerrard in his first Premiership start since hobbling out of the clash with Manchester United on September 21.

The Liverpool captain was back to his inspirational best, leading his side with passion, determination and no little skill as the home side threatened to overrun Wenger's increasingly fragile side.

Linking impressively with Dietmar Hamann, the Germany midfielder, and ably supported by a more restrained Alonso, Gerrard was the fulcrum of almost every Liverpool attacking move during a one-sided first half that should have seen the Merseysiders establish a comfortable advantage.

The tone for the opening period was set as early as the second minute when Mellor's flick released the irrepressible Gerrard beyond Arsenal left back Ashley Cole down Liverpool's right hand flank.

The midfielder powered forcefully into the Arsenal area and cut inside the covering Kolo Toure before tumbling over the defender's out-stretched leg.

Referee Alan Wiley dismissed Liverpool's vigorous claims for a penalty although television replays would later show the Arsenal player clearly made contact with Gerrard.

Liverpool finally found a way through an exposed Arsenal backline four minutes before the interval thanks to a delightful, incisive passing move – with Gerrard inevitably at its heart – that culminated in Alonso's precise finish.

A sweeping cross-field pass from right back Steve Finnan was headed into the path of Gerrard by the resurgent Harry Kewell and, using Mellor's decoy run intelligently, the home skipper rolled the ball into the path of Spain midfielder Alonso who side-footed home with aplomb.

Arsenal were never likely to repeat their surprisingly lacklustre performance in the second period and, although Liverpool remained in the ascendancy, the visitors began increasingly to involve the previously isolated Thierry Henry and Robert Pires.

And their improved efforts were rewarded in the 57th minute with an equaliser that epitomised the qualities of the reigning Premiership champions.

Liverpool had done well to deny Arsenal space on the edge of their own area but were powerless to halt an immaculate, one-touch passing move involving a rapid interchange between Lauren, Vieira, Henry and Pires before Vieira finished with ease.

Vieira's contribution was almost immediately undermined, though, when the Arsenal captain picked up a booking two minutes later that means he will miss his side's forthcoming clash with Chelsea.
Well done yer scousers!
Old 2004-11-29, 05:57   Link #393
elniro

HAHAHAHAHAHA Arsenal got dun!
Bet they're gonna blame the ref or foulplay or sumthing like they always do
Old 2004-11-29, 12:10   Link #394
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

We needed a striker...

...he simply answered the call.

Code:
Premiership table

Team             PTS
1. Chelsea          36
2. Arsenal          31
3. Everton          30
4. Manchester Utd   27
5. Middlesbrough    25
6. Aston Villa      24
7. Liverpool        23
8. Bolton           23
9. Manchester City  20
10. Newcastle       20
11. Portsmouth      18
12. Charlton        18
13. Tottenham       16
14. Birmingham      14
15. Fulham          14
16. Crystal Palace  13
17. Blackburn       13
18. Southampton     12
19. Norwich         12
20. West Brom       10
Old 2004-11-30, 17:27   Link #395
elniro

Carling Cup Quarter Final result:

Chelsea 2 - 1 Fulham

Abromavich must have bought lady luck tonite, they scored 2 goals with massive amounts of luck to both goals, its a pain to see Fulham who dont have anywhere near amount of money and skill that Chelsea have to lose in such a way, the played really well.

Old 2004-12-01, 14:50   Link #396
7thMethuselah

Tonight's UEFA Cup Match-ups

Sporting v Sochaux
Ferencváros v Basel
Feyenoord v Schalke
Athletic v Steaua
Austria v Club Brugge
Zaragoza v Dnipro
Besiktas v Standard Liège
Panionios v Dinamo Tbilisi

2 very important games tonight for our teams. If they can win these then qualification for the 16th finals in the UEFA Cup is almost certain.

Brugge and Standard both won their previous Cup game, Brugge won this weekend competition match as well, while Standard lost. It'll be close but I have my hopes up

EDIT : argh, , Standard is completely in control of the game and allready had 4-5 good opportunities but on counter Besiktas was able to score completely against the flow of the game . But Liège is playing pretty good and the game is still long

EDIT 2 : YES YES YES, finally some justice, Standard scores : 1-1 10 minutes to go

EDIT 3 : Both Brugge and Standard see thier games ending in a draw. Which is good, the both of them are still in running for the 16th finals!! It's been a good football evening
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
We needed a striker...

...he simply answered the call.
Seems like Arsenal isn't having it's best week, after being unable to win at PSV this week (and getting 2 (!) red cards) they lost to Liverpool as well. I guess they won't be getting that premiership title that easilly this year, and seeing how much (russian oil )money got inserted into Chelsea again, it won't get any easier

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-12-01 at 17:02.
Old 2004-12-01, 17:09   Link #397
7thMethuselah

Today's Result (UEFA Cup)
Sporting 0-1 Sochaux
Ferencváros 1-2 Basel
Feyenoord 2-1 Schalke
Athletic 1-0 Steaua
Austria 1-1 Club Brugge
Zaragoza 2-1 Dnipro
Besiktas 1-1 Standard Liège
Panionios 5-2 Dinamo Tbilisi

So far Feyenoord, Schalke 04, Dinpro and Newcastle are allready qualified

Tomorrow's Games

Partizan v Villarreal
Alkmaar v Glasgow Rangers
Auxerre v Amica
Dinamo Zagreb v Heerenveen
Beveren v Benfica
Sevilla v AEK
Aachen v Zenit
Egaleo v Lazio

Beveren is no longer able to make it to the next round, but it is a big prestation that they made it this far (they are after all a team at the bottom of the ranking in belgium)

Old 2004-12-01, 17:44   Link #398
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Beveren is one strange team. 16 foreign players... And only 9 belgium players
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 18:29   Link #399
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
Beveren is one strange team. 16 foreign players... And only 9 belgium players
Yeah and most of the foreign players are from Ivory Coast I believe.
The reasons for this are actually quite simple. Belgium is one of the few countries in the world where there is no restriction on the amount of foreign players per team. Now about 5 years ago Beveren was in a (very bad) financial situation, this was solved by signing a deal with an english team (I forgot which and am too lazy to look it up), effectively making Beveren something of a satellite club.

The idea is simple, promising african players get "imported" to Beveren to play there for 1-2 years to get some experience after which they are transferred. It allows young football players from Africa to grow, work on their techniques and learn some team play, not all of them make it in the end but some do.

In the belgian competition Beveren usually plays with 9-10 african players and 1-2 belgian. Always one belgian since the goalkeeper is belgian

As expected from such a team of young players, some games are beautiful, others are the worst, Beveren usually ends up at the bottom half of the ranking, last year however they made it to the Cup Final, due to that they earned a EUFA Cup ticket and much to every one's surprise they are doing quite good? however they won't get past the group stage as that requires alot more balanced play and not the on/off day thing Beveren seems to have.
One thing everyone knows about them : if they have a good day, you can pretty much forget it, if they have an off day, you'll roll right over them, inbetween rarely happens

Old 2004-12-01, 19:28   Link #400
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Now about 5 years ago Beveren was in a (very bad) financial situation, this was solved by signing a deal with an english team (I forgot which and am too lazy to look it up)
Arsenal. I can remember some of their young players getting loaned there in the early 2000s.

Man United's satellite club in Belgium is Royal Antwerp. The Chinese striker Dong Fangzhuo whom they bought in the summer of last year is playing there to earn a Belgian passport so he can get past the football work permit laws in England where you have to play 75% of your country's internationals over a 3-year period.

Tags
football, soccer