AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 04:43   Link #4381
Bri

It could be an intense summer if both the EPL and La Liga top teams all decide to splash the cash with a several new managers and rebuilds due to start.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:36   Link #4382
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

MLS' 20th team will be New York City FC; to be co-owned by Manchester City and the New York Yankees.
Old 2013-05-21, 15:25   Link #4383
KiraYamatoFan

Dear, oh dear... Dealing with the problems at Manchester City ain't enough for Sheik Mansour?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:09   Link #4384
Bri

Pretty impressive though, a new football team created and owned by two of the most loathed teams in all of sports. It has a lot to live up to.
Old 2013-05-21, 16:12   Link #4385
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Pretty impressive though, a new football team created and owned by two of the most loathed teams in all of sports. It has a lot to live up to.
It's in New York, so I am sure it will live up to its creators.
I wonder if you can create more evil combination then that, maybe add the Cowboys?
Old 2013-05-21, 16:44   Link #4386
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Dear, oh dear... Dealing with the problems at Manchester City ain't enough for Sheik Mansour?
Well, at the very least, it'll be a new competitor for l'Impact to try and take points off of.

Speaking of the Impact, will you be watching the second round of their Canadian Championship final against the Whitecaps tomorrow?

(For those who aren't aware, the winner of the Canadian Championship qualifies as Canada's representative in the CONCACAF Champions League. Since Canada has only one slot in that competition, and cannot qualify through league play in MLS, the Voyageurs Cup awarded to the winner of this competition is the only way in on this side of the border.)
Old 2013-05-21, 20:06   Link #4387
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Well, at the very least, it'll be a new competitor for l'Impact to try and take points off of.

Speaking of the Impact, will you be watching the second round of their Canadian Championship final against the Whitecaps tomorrow?
Still, I have a hard time understanding why they want to open a new franchise in New York when Sheik Mansour is not out of the woods with Manchester City at all financially. They had several issues in selling out tickets for home games and that usually means losing money.

I'll watch the final for sure! The first leg in Montreal was disappointing considering how we usually score goals for fun at home, but I'll take it as a test for mental toughness for the Impact. I still have great memories of the first CONCACAF Champions League campaign we were in and I'd want nothing less than see the lads play in that competition again.
Old 2013-05-21, 21:11   Link #4388
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I have to see if the final will be on the regular Sportsnet channels; if it's on Sportsnet One, I'll be out of luck. (We don't get the Impact's French broadcaster over here.)
Old 2013-05-21, 22:51   Link #4389
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I have to see if the final will be on the regular Sportsnet channels; if it's on Sportsnet One, I'll be out of luck. (We don't get the Impact's French broadcaster over here.)
Since I don't have One (the others are showing baseball ) nor TVA Sports on my channel list, I'll try catching the game on a stream somewhere.
Old 2013-05-21, 23:01   Link #4390
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

*Double-checks the Sportsnet schedule*

Never Mind SN One; they put it on Sportsnet World!

Tabarnac...

EDIT: Looks like NYCFC won't be in a proper home stadium for about 2-3 years after 2015, if not more.

MLS must really be pushing this concept if they'd tolerate that; most of the recent expansions (not least into Montréal) were contingent on the stadium deals and/or upgrades already being in place by the time the team started play.
Old 2013-05-22, 17:16   Link #4391
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
It's in New York, so I am sure it will live up to its creators.
I wonder if you can create more evil combination then that, maybe add the Cowboys?
I don't know really, both City and the Yankees are disliked for their spending habits
but not for on- or off- field nastiness. I don't know enough about the NFL to say if that also applies to the Cowboys.
Old 2013-05-22, 20:45   Link #4392
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So Bayern or Dortmund??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 20:55   Link #4393
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Bayern. I hope Dortmund pips them (after being beaten so many times by Bayern during the season), but my brain says that's not going to happen.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 21:03   Link #4394
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I got mixed up about the Canadian Championship second leg; it'll be played next week, and aired live on Sportsnet One in English Canada.

D apostrophe oh.
Old 2013-05-23, 05:42   Link #4395
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So Bayern or Dortmund??
Bayern has been the best team this season, but Dortmund wins the sympathy vote.

I'm not sure who will win, if it was a league game Bayern easily, but CL finals are not their thing.

I can see them having a meltdown if they haven't wrapped up the game by the end of normal time. The idea of losing three CL finals in 4 years would be too much.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:55   Link #4396
Neki Ecko
The Night is still young

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I thinking that Atlanta is the next city to get expansion for MLS. I know that Arthur Blank, Owner of the Atlanta Falcons is making a new stadium that will be ready around 2017, so you might see a team around that time frame.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:57   Link #4397
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Bayern, just because they have lost recent 2 CL final, and deserve winning at least one.
Old 2013-05-23, 13:04   Link #4398
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So Bayern or Dortmund??
Dortmund I like how they play, still is a final so is going to be a really hard match
Edit: it look like the mayority of Germany wants to see dortmund win

Last edited by ChampDream; 2013-05-23 at 15:47.
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 13:53   Link #4399
KiraYamatoFan

After the giant killing done by Wigan against Manchester City (FA Cup) and by Athletico Madrid against Real Madrid (Copa Del Rey - King's Cup), it would be quite something if Dortmund puts the exclamation mark at the end of this particular year of top cup finals.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:31   Link #4400
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

So I am the only one rooting for Bayern?

I think it really is time for Bayern to pick up the CL trophy after losing 2 finals in 3 years, once deservedly and the other time rather unluckily. Their core players like Lahm and Schweinsteiger came close to major titles outside Germany on several occasions, and it would be quite some disappointment if they don't have a CL title.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer