AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 22:34   Link #4561
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Ozil is world class. there is no doubt about that. we finally have someone to fill Cesc's shoes. we don't really need a DM, since Arteta will be back soon. If anything, we needed a back up striker, but i don't see that being a worry either, because Poldi and Walcot can both fill in. Granted, Podolski is out for 10 weeks.

i see our team lining up as:

Sagna - Kos - Mert - Gibbs
-----Arteta --- Ramsey
Walcott-------------Cazorla
----------Ozil
-------Giroud

Yes, i would bench Wilshire before ramsey. Ramsey, Wilshere, and Arteta will probably rotate through 2 positions. Rosicky can fill in anywhere in the middle, and if Cazorla needs a rest, Ozil can play on the left and vice versa.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 05:26   Link #4562
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

I think the Arsenal fan is getting a bit too optimistic here, without realising the huge risk Ozil may bring. By buying Ozil, there is a risk that they may ends up missing out of EPL tittle in final day, or losing out in CL final.... because now they can actually contest for both of them till the very end..

Seriously, that was unbelievable. And i don't know what Real Madrid was doing, selling one of their biggest talent. Meanwhile Arsenal can build back their Invincible team, if they can add a player like Ozil every transfer window
Old 2013-09-03, 11:40   Link #4563
Sakura_Tsuki

Real madrid is crazy, i am a big fan of real madrid. WHY OZIL WHY??????................

Buying bale for 100 million and selling one of the best players of real madrid..........

Perez has lost it. Damn i am mad!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-09-03, 12:01   Link #4564
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

He was always mad.
Old 2013-09-03, 13:32   Link #4565
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
He was always mad.
This sums it up.
Old 2013-09-03, 13:36   Link #4566
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Real madrid is crazy, i am a big fan of real madrid. WHY OZIL WHY??????................

Buying bale for 100 million and selling one of the best players of real madrid..........

Perez has lost it. Damn i am mad!!!!!!!!!!!
In Madrid if you no longer sell jerseys you're out. Simple as that.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 15:19   Link #4567
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In Madrid if you no longer sell jerseys you're out. Simple as that.
Yes, that's true

Edit: For the ones who understand spanish. Someone at marca.com said the following thing: Se va un crack(Ozil) y un killer(Higuain) y entra un capricho,,,,

and he is 100% right!

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-09-04 at 05:35.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 19:36   Link #4568
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Ozil is world class. there is no doubt about that. we finally have someone to fill Cesc's shoes. we don't really need a DM, since Arteta will be back soon. If anything, we needed a back up striker, but i don't see that being a worry either, because Poldi and Walcot can both fill in. Granted, Podolski is out for 10 weeks.

i see our team lining up as:

Sagna - Kos - Mert - Gibbs
-----Arteta --- Ramsey
Walcott-------------Cazorla
----------Ozil
-------Giroud

Yes, i would bench Wilshire before ramsey. Ramsey, Wilshere, and Arteta will probably rotate through 2 positions. Rosicky can fill in anywhere in the middle, and if Cazorla needs a rest, Ozil can play on the left and vice versa.
I disagree the club doesn't need a DM. While he's solid player, Arteta's ill-suited for the position against top-flight competition. He simply doesn't have the size or strength to boss the middle effectively. Flamini looked against Tottenham but whether he can hold up all season remains to be seen.

The absence of a quality second striker can't be taken lightly. Arsene wouldn't have spent the summer trying to sign one and inquired about Ba late if it wasn't a notable issue. There's no telling when Podolski will be back to 100% as hamstring injuries tend to linger and really, neither he nor Walcott are ideal strikers.

Agreed on the formation. Tons of flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think the Arsenal fan is getting a bit too optimistic here, without realising the huge risk Ozil may bring. By buying Ozil, there is a risk that they may ends up missing out of EPL tittle in final day, or losing out in CL final.... because now they can actually contest for both of them till the very end..

Seriously, that was unbelievable. And i don't know what Real Madrid was doing, selling one of their biggest talent. Meanwhile Arsenal can build back their Invincible team, if they can add a player like Ozil every transfer window
Weak...
Old 2013-09-04, 12:35   Link #4569
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

clubs don't play with a real Makelele/Gilberto position any more. those that do aren't top tier sides. what they need now are players who can receive the ball from the defense and transition it to attack. like Alonso, Busquets, and Arteta (converted). they shield the defense, but that's not their main role.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2013-09-10, 18:26   Link #4570
solomon

Awww no buzz for US Mexico qualifier?

Mexico will be desperate and we are missing key players. Could be a grinder.....eeeeeeee I love National team matches!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:47   Link #4571
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Awww no buzz for US Mexico qualifier?

Mexico will be desperate and we are missing key players. Could be a grinder.....eeeeeeee I love National team matches!
I have an eye on that.

Meanwhile, I'm glad the Dutch earned their qualification while Japan showed a great comeback in a friendly against Ghana. Another great performance by Shinji Kagawa with a goal and great passes.

Just bloody play Shinji already, Moyes, if you don't want to get sacked!

edit: USA now leading 2-0 over Mexico while Costa Rica tied with Jamaica. It's probably the end for Mexico at this rate.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-09-10 at 20:57.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:20   Link #4572
solomon

Well we did it.

I honestly thought Mexico would grind something out with all the absentees we had. Just goes to show, USA aren't scrubs anymore.

Now with Panama leveling with Honduras at 2-2, Mexico sit a lowly FIFTH PLACE. Be interesting to see what Central Deportivo and the Periodicos will have to say in the morning.

Hey Kira, you still in Montreal? What's the soccer scene like there? Do the Impact have a good buzz? What about youth soccer (I bet it still pales in attention to LHMJQ and the like though).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:59   Link #4573
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Hey Kira, you still in Montreal? What's the soccer scene like there? Do the Impact have a good buzz? What about youth soccer (I bet it still pales in attention to LHMJQ and the like though).
Youth soccer is not quite making the headlines here (it's mostly a school thing, which also means that media coverage beyond showing the results is minimal), but the Impact are doing great in terms of local media attention in the Greater Montreal especially since we are currently having our best season in quite a while. The fan base keeps on growing, but the Impact will always have to deal with another locally popular club in a different discipline: the Montreal Alouettes.

I watched the US/Mexico game too. I can't recall the last time Mexico were that poor in the North American derby. Meanwhile, the US should provide some quality opposition in whatever group they will fall in for 2014.
Old 2013-09-11, 01:23   Link #4574
DarkJak2050

The US is not the only nation to punch a ticket to Brazil from CONCACAF. Costa Rica also punched a ticket with their Draw against Jamaica and the US's victory over Mexico.

One ticket to Brazil is left in CONCACAF, who's going to take it?

Although, as of tonight, 10 out of the 32 World Cup spots have been filled. With the following:

AFC:
1. Japan
2. Australia
3. Iran
4. South Korea

CAF:
1. N/A

CONCACAF:
1. United States
2. Costa Rica

CONMEBOL:
1. Brazil (Host)
2. Argentina

OFC:
1. N/A

UEFA:
1. Italy
2. Netherlands

So who else is excited about Brazil 2014?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-09-11 at 01:41.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 06:34   Link #4575
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Although we managed to qualify quite "early", there's still a lot of work to do to shape up our team in the following months.

Most of work needs to be addressed up front. Besides Balotelli it's about time Prandelli decides how to compose the rest of forward selection, as we can't really depend on one single striker. I'd honestly drop Osvaldo, no one in Italy thinks he's worthy of being called for the NT. I hope Prandelli will man up and call Insigne, Gabbiadini and Giuseppe Rossi. While having an experienced striker like Gilardino in the squad selection doesn't certainly hurt, we need strikers who can be creative and explosive, besides having the typical goal poacher kind of player.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 23:30   Link #4576
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Just bloody play Shinji already, Moyes, if you don't want to get sacked!
Seriously, as the representative Man U fan here, can you tell me what the hell is up with Kagawa and United?

I mean, you guys basically pried this brilliant midfield talent off a young, burning, ambitious Dortmund...to let him sit around pretending to be Fabregas-at-Barca. WTF?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:04   Link #4577
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

liverpool playing like themselves again. zing.

a more apt comparison for Kagawa is Mata at Chelski. Oscar gave more fuel for his cause today though.

Old 2013-09-21, 19:47   Link #4578
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Seriously, as the representative Man U fan here, can you tell me what the hell is up with Kagawa and United?

I mean, you guys basically pried this brilliant midfield talent off a young, burning, ambitious Dortmund...to let him sit around pretending to be Fabregas-at-Barca. WTF?
Moyes used the excuse that Shinji played a total of 7 games for Japan (WC qualifiers, Confederations Cup and friendlies) at specific times in the post- and pre-season, which forced him to have a different schedule for his summer break and not playing much of a pre-season (same problem as Chicharito). Because of that, we looked absolutely horrible when we played Ashley Young or Ryan Giggs on the left; God, they are shite!

It was no coincidence that we looked sharper against Leverkusen when Shinji made his season debut and despite a little lackluster individual performance from him on Tuesday. Even if Shinji was not 100% fit all of this time before Tuesday, he would offer a hell lot more than the useless Ashley Young or the should-be-coach-only Ryan Giggs. None of the latter 2 would give more fuel for the cause. With a guy of so much talent, we should live and die with him no matter what his weaknesses are; that's how Mata and Silva improved for their respective clubs.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-09-22 at 00:41.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:23   Link #4579
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

anywho, Arsenal at the top! united crushed by city, and spuds getting a last minute goal. also, bale injured in the warmup. haha. ronaldo goes on to net a brace. they don't even need him..

Old 2013-09-22, 22:15   Link #4580
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I 4-1 cannot believe what just happened to United.

By Queen and Country, United, play Kagawa.

Or you can sell him to us. Arsenal has a horde of good to great midfielders + one recent signing (you know), but Wenger always has room for more, and he knows how to develop talent. Maybe he could put the guy upfront (lulz).

In the meantime, I'm feeling better about Arsenal's chances than I've been in years, even in the Champions League Group of Death (Napoli's victory over Dortmund really changed things). This is...troubling.

Mind, the Premier League this year is turning to be very hard to predict. City, who were always less than their price tag, made a statement with this match; Liverpool is recovering confidently; Chelsea's in lulzSpecialOne mode and may yet successfully grind results or lulzCollapse (which I would love to see happen...no disrespect to Chelsea fans); Spurs has strong potential, though their new team still needs to gel. We, Arsenal, is running high club, players, and fans, but we are also dangerously thin with all the injuries.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer