AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 11:58   Link #1261
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Champions League draw:

Group A: Liverpool, FC Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group B: Chelsea, Valencia, Schalke, Rosenborg

Group C: Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiacos

Group D: AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E: Barcelona, Lyon, VfB Stuttgart, Rangers

Group F: Manchester United, AS Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kyiv

Group G: Internazionale, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahįe

Group H: Arsenal, Sevilla/AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

I loved the draw =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 14:30   Link #1262
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Could it be any more obvious who'll make the last 16? Although i'm a Man.utd fan, i think Barcelona or Real Madrid could win it.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:20   Link #1263
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Could it be any more obvious who'll make the last 16? Although i'm a Man.utd fan, i think Barcelona or Real Madrid could win it.
Actually, this draw is very good. You obviously dont know about teams like Feherbahce who could easily cause an upset, as could Shaktar. I think Barca's group is the hardest. Lyon are the French champions and Stuttgart are the German champions.

Though I happy with our draw Sevilla will be a good tester.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:49   Link #1264
arcadeplayer987

My fav. team get in a strong group with Arsenal, Sevilia/AEK Atena and S.Prague
it is time to see our capacity

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 18:08   Link #1265
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

arcadeplayer987 do you think you'll progress?
Old 2007-08-30, 20:26   Link #1266
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Actually, this draw is very good. You obviously dont know about teams like Feherbahce who could easily cause an upset, as could Shaktar. I think Barca's group is the hardest. Lyon are the French champions and Stuttgart are the German champions.

Though I happy with our draw Sevilla will be a good tester.
I feel group E is the hardest too, apart from the from the fact that I do not follow German's club team with interest.

MU visiting Roma again Revenge chance for Roma after that quarter final trashing in Old Trafford last season ... 7-1 .. I'm still in awe no matter how much I loath MU Ronaldo would also have chance to visit his old club again, now that Sporting Lisbon in the group.

Speaking on Liverpool, meet your thrown away striker with Marseille in the group, they'll come face to face with Cisse.. The interesting thing is that this is the very same group 3 years ago, when they've won the CL D: Will history repeat itself >.< (Porto, Marseille and Besiktas)

As for Arsenal, we have probable UEFA cup champion in our group in the form of Sevilla (if they beat Aethens of course) but personally, IMHO, this group are more like UEFA cup group rather then CL .. Arsenal included >.<

For Chelsea, I dont know, apart from Valencia, Schalke and Rosenburg are both quite a distance team to me >.<

+edit+
@ medic/sunshine/last_hope .. my housemate joined the league as well.. so dont be surprise at the additional player in the league
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-08-30 at 21:04.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 23:34   Link #1267
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Speaking on Liverpool, meet your thrown away striker with Marseille in the group, they'll come face to face with Cisse.. The interesting thing is that this is the very same group 3 years ago, when they've won the CL D: Will history repeat itself >.< (Porto, Marseille and Besiktas)
What are you talking about? On that amazing journey to Istanbul three seasons ago, Liverpool were in the same group as AS Monaco, Deportivo La Coruna (just where are they now?) and of course, Olympiakos, in which Steven Gerrard scored that cracker, causing ITV commentator Andy Gray to yell "OHHH, YA BEAUTY~~~!!!"

That Gerrard goal was probably the most important in Liverpool's recent history, without that, there would be no Istanbul, no Rafalution, and no new American investment.

Anyway, maybe you got confused with the previous UEFA Cups. Liverpool beat Porto (Morinho was not coach then) in the 2000/2001 UEFA Cup and went on to win the trophy.

In 2003/2004, Marseille eliminated Liverpool thanks to a strike from a striker called Didier Drogba. Marseille went on to reach the final, where they got beaten by Valencia, who was then coached by Rafa Benitez.

Besiktas I don't think the Reds have met, though it certainly feels good to visit Istanbul again. Though the Turks must not be underestimated.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 05:40   Link #1268
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Easy does it. Our mid is scoring a lot more goals than i thought. It's all roses, hopefully we can beat Port sunday.
Old 2007-08-31, 06:07   Link #1269
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

I can't wait for Man U to face Roma again. Last time in the Champions League, I had a friend who talked so much shit after Roma won 2-1 in the first leg. I kept my mouth shut, knowing that the battle was far from over. After the 7-1 drubbing...sweet, sweet revenge gloating. Hope there are lots of goals this time around too.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:42   Link #1270
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I feel group E is the hardest too, apart from the from the fact that I do not follow German's club team with interest.

MU visiting Roma again Revenge chance for Roma after that quarter final trashing in Old Trafford last season ... 7-1 .. I'm still in awe no matter how much I loath MU Ronaldo would also have chance to visit his old club again, now that Sporting Lisbon in the group.

As for Arsenal, we have probable UEFA cup champion in our group in the form of Sevilla (if they beat Aethens of course) but personally, IMHO, this group are more like UEFA cup group rather then CL .. Arsenal included >.<

For Chelsea, I dont know, apart from Valencia, Schalke and Rosenburg are both quite a distance team to me >.<

+edit+
@ medic/sunshine/last_hope .. my housemate joined the league as well.. so dont be surprise at the additional player in the league
I think will get through but they face a tough task. Schalke will definatly be hard opposition. Barca's group is exciting, with both French & German champions. If Arsenal dont get through that will just be a disgrace.

Its good your housemate joined, the more I beat the sweeter
Old 2007-08-31, 15:57   Link #1271
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
arcadeplayer987 do you think you'll progress?
Yes I think I will, if not in C1, in C2 then from the third place

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
Old 2007-08-31, 16:03   Link #1272
arcadeplayer987

Milan - Sevilia 3-1
Milan won the SuperCup

Old 2007-08-31, 16:04   Link #1273
User65554
Disabled By Request

Transfer dealine day.

Super Cup result - AC Milan 3-1 Sevilla.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 16:42   Link #1274
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Who were the scorers?? I couldnt catch this match.
Old 2007-08-31, 16:51   Link #1275
User65554
Disabled By Request

Sevilla-Renato, 13
Milan-Inzaghi, 55; Jankulovski, 62; Kakā, 87’
Old 2007-08-31, 17:55   Link #1276
Sasuke_Bateman
No

It was a good game.
Old 2007-08-31, 18:19   Link #1277
User65554
Disabled By Request

Well, transfer deadline has passed. Really not much to report on, as far as the EPL and SPL are concerned. This is from last years BBC dealine day page

Spoiler for Last Year's Transfer Dealine Day Deals:

Which gave me too high expectaions, really

Spoiler for Today's:

Some interesting deals, but not quite up to the same standard.
Old 2007-08-31, 21:26   Link #1278
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

And Arsenal get Lassana Diarra from Chelsea!! Good buy.

Diarra over Song all day.
Old 2007-09-01, 11:40   Link #1279
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

And my team here in Sweden qualified for the Uefa-cup this week after beating Liepajas Metalurgs (Latvia) with 2-0 at home. AIK is going to Israel to play Hapoel Tel-Aviv. Any israeli people here?

Lassana is an interesting player but he can play central midfield and on the right wing so it doesnīt really feel logical since those are positions that Arsenal have pretty good cover on. This really feels like a "luxury purchase" from Wenger, but I donīt want to complain. Itīs not often Wenger makes this kind of signing actually.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:01   Link #1280
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
And Arsenal get Lassana Diarra from Chelsea!! Good buy.

Diarra over Song all day.
Oh, so they did. I put my post up too early...

Spoiler for Updated:

Tags
football, soccer