AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 14:56   Link #1321
Sasuke_Bateman
No

England will fail wedesday.
Old 2007-09-08, 15:17   Link #1322
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Glad that we won, but I coudnt watch the match. England are so boring.

Russia will be a tougher challenge, but I still think we'll win.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 15:51   Link #1323
User65554
Disabled By Request

Russia will be tougher games, especially away, and qualification pretty much depends on winning thim.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 20:29   Link #1324
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
England will fail wedesday.
Heh I've got to disagree with that. With all due respect, the English Premier League is miles and miles above the Russian Premier League. As a result, even with injuries, there is still enough depth to field an excellent England squad. England just outclassed Israel 3-0 (Russia drew 1-1 with Israel at home), and while Russia will be a harder game (I have great respect for their coach Guus Hiddink), I think it will be an England victory at the end of the day.

By the way, I think the players who came in to replace injuries were absolutely magnificent. Micah Richards was class and deserved a goal. Gareth Barry played really well, and Emile Heskey did his job wonderfully too (yay Owen-Heskey combo). Definitely a ton of positives to take away from the Israel match.

Last edited by Drakarst; 2007-09-08 at 20:39.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 22:39   Link #1325
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Impressive.. even Owen gets his goal...

I dont like England National squad (I prefer Spain(for Europe team) for more classy play) ... but Omedetou ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 11:02   Link #1326
arcadeplayer987

My national team is the first in our group with 3 points more than Holland after 3-1 win away at Belarus

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 22:27   Link #1327
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Good for you ^^

Good luck to all team playing today .. May the best team wins .. I'll be rooting for any national teams that dont have ManU player in it

@ Fantasy players... I dont know if I should gamble on Gerrard.. will take 1 more replacement this week, then I have enough for Gerrard in GW7.. but then again, Xavi's form are very tempting at 7.0 price tag >.< But having Gerrard and Fabregas would owns so much dont you think?

*sigh* decision decision >.<

Oh btw, Lehmann is kept out from German final 11 cause of injury he gonna missed out Saturday's game too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-09-11 at 22:40.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:36   Link #1328
User65554
Disabled By Request

^I would go for Gerrard, but then its probably not a good idea to listen to me.

England v. Russia, I think it can be a win if we play like we did on Saterday. The real test will be the away fixture in Moscow in October. And unfortunatly Kira, despite injuries, we will still probably have one Man United player on the team.
Also, EMILE HESKEY, YOU CAN PLAY FOOTBALL. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US EARLIER???
Old 2007-09-12, 15:55   Link #1329
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

OMG OMG O_O''

Scary owen with 2 goals O_O'', Resulting in 3 -0 win for England!!! Omedetou Game should end any minutes now, but damn >_< .. The other goal was scored by Ferdinand.

On another note, surprising France tailing 0-1 against Scotland with few minutes left.

Eduardo scores for Croatia in Croatia vs Andorra thrashing 6-0 ...

Spain leading at half time against Latvia, but TBH I would have expected more... giving this is Spain we talking about here ^^

WOW.. interesting result so far...

@ VK.. point taken about Gerrard... Now to see if Sibierski/Malbranque can keep their form well enough for me to pick them this week instead of Xavi, thus enabling Gerrard next week ^^

@ WTFLOL at your comment at Heskey He was born as supportive striker IMO
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-12, 16:12   Link #1330
User65554
Disabled By Request

England won. That's very good for us, as it means we go 2nd in the group and we're back on track for qualification. Also good for my half-Scottish side is the 1-0 win, as we also seem to be looking at qualification in a far more difficult group (with the 2 world cup finalists).
As for Heskey, he has not been picked for 3 years, and has since gone to the great club of...Wigan, and yet when he is finally picked again he plays well. Twice. Someone needed telling about that. Ironic, that had there not been an injury crisis, England would be in a far worse qualification crisis than they find themselves in.
Old 2007-09-12, 16:26   Link #1331
Rahan

I can't believe we lost this game !

Scotland didn't have a chance the whole game. Just a long range shoot ! We'll have to win in Ukraine to go through now !
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 23:28   Link #1332
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Hehe, what did I tell you guys before? England will be just fine, relax. :P
Now that the substitutes for the injured/suspended players have performed so well, I wonder if Lampard, Hargreaves, Beckham, Crouch, Gary Neville, and even Rooney will be able to come back into the team. I've always liked Hargreaves (and hey, I'm a Man United fan so I gotta support him now), but Gareth Barry played really well these past two games. Crouch and Rooney are good strikers (and Rooney is absolute class) but Owen and Heskey combined so well. I would still take Gary Neville over Micah Richards, but is Beckham's time up, to be replaced by Shaun Wright-Phillips? So many questions..

And wow, I never expected Scotland to win their both their games against France. 1-0 winners home and away. I hope Scotland qualifies: those victories are amazing.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 05:47   Link #1333
arcadeplayer987

We lost yesterday 3-1 to Germany in a friendly after 14 games without a lost. It is good that this defeat come into a friendly match, not a official one. Congr. for England's won

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 05:49   Link #1334
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I can't believe England won grrrrrrrrr
Old 2007-09-13, 12:32   Link #1335
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Arsenal Spurs on Saturday! Greatest derby

3-1 win for us I think
Old 2007-09-13, 16:19   Link #1336
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
I can't believe England won grrrrrrrrr
Surprising comment, coming from somebody from it >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Arsenal Spurs on Saturday! Greatest derby

3-1 win for us I think
Yup ..but then again, when *is* the last time Arsenal lost to Spurs .. we do have some central defender shortage coming next game with only Toure fit >_<!!

Watch out for Owen, he's facing Derby C on Monday, will his rampage continue?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-14, 09:58   Link #1337
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Surprising comment, coming from somebody from it >_<

Yup ..but then again, when *is* the last time Arsenal lost to Spurs .. we do have some central defender shortage coming next game with only Toure fit >_<!!

8 years ago, 2-1 spurs
Old 2007-09-14, 18:11   Link #1338
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
For England, he was partnered by Heskey, who he has played with frequently at Liverpool as well as internationally, and has spoken publicly of how well they play together.
For Newcastle, he will probably be partnered with 'Blonde Bimbo' Smith. 'Nuff said.
Old 2007-09-15, 01:42   Link #1339
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Kick-off times for today's matches.

12:00 UK - Everton v Man Utd
12:45 UK - Portsmouth v Liverpool
13:30 UK - Tottenham v Arsenal
15:00 UK - Birmingham v Bolton
15:00 UK - Sunderland v Reading
15:00 UK - West Ham v Middlesbrough
15:00 UK - Wigan v Fulham
17:15 UK - Chelsea v Blackburn

You want one mid-day kick-off and one late afternoon kick-off on Saturdays for TV scheduling, fair enough. But seriously, three mid-day kick-offs is just going too far, not to mention all three matches overlap with each other. Whatever happened to all 10 matches on 3pm Saturdays?

How am I supposed to watch Portsmouth v Liverpool when I have Everton v Man Utd and the North London derby on either half of that match?

And I agree with the complaints made by Benitez and Ferguson, why do Champions League clubs in England always have to play morning kick-offs right after mid-week international qualifiers/friendlies and European weeks?

These matches are mostly catered for the Asian audiences, where it'll be evening there, just in time for pubs and restaurants to be packed with people, and that's where all the TV money's coming from.

While I understand the Premier League wants to showcase today's Match of the Day - The North London Derby - to as wide an audience as possible, I don't see how Portsmouth v Liverpool can have the same allure, when everyone's eyes would be glued to the North London Derby anyway, so I don't see the point of scheduling that for the morning.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 08:47   Link #1340
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ManU won 1 -0 against Everton and despite having a penalty, Kanu blunders it to force Portmouth a draw at home to Liverpool .. (yes! Reina saved a penalty.. woot Fantasy point)

On the other hand, the derby match of the day, Arsenal trailing by 1-0 come 2nd half courtesy of a splendid free kick by Gareth Bale in the earlier minute >_<''

++EDIT++

W00t.. If there are doubts on how strong Arsenal mentally, let it be gone now... 3 goals after the break, 2 from Adebayor and one from Fabregas sealed our convincing 3-1 derby win away from home.

Jol was sure going to get all sort of guns and cannons pointing at him after his side again blunders a lead -_-''

Anyway, to the Arsenal as now we can claim the top of the league with a game in hand to boot ^^

I go count my fantasy points!! Go go Anelka score dammit!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-09-15 at 09:34.

Tags
football, soccer