AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 13:13   Link #101
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
One Piece is Licenced, I'm afraid we wont be able to help you on this forum.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:45   Link #102
Kuja

Did I say One Piece? I meant to say Naruto, which is not licensed ^_^ *cough*
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 14:59   Link #103
CNF666

Unhappy

Ok guys sorry about this...but I downloaded the update of Azureus and when I click on the icon i get "Error moving completed files Move of file Azureus2.1.0.4, the device is not ready" AND I also get "Error moving completed files Move of file swt-3.0-win32.zip failed, The device is not ready." What am I supposed to do

GamerTag: UnwishedFemto
CNF666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 16:29   Link #104
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
OK, here is what to do:

Close Azureus, locate the file"swt-3.0win32.zip" and extract the content into your Azureus folder. Overwrite if prompted so. Fire up Azureus and it should be updated to the latest version now (2.1.0.4).
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 16:47   Link #105
CNF666

I can only find swt-win32-3062.dll

Old 2004-08-11, 16:54   Link #106
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNF666
I can only find swt-win32-3062.dll
Yup, that's the file in your Azureus folder. Look for the "swt-3.0win32.zip" in the folder in which you archive your completed downloads. (If you used the examples from this thread, the folder would be called "Incoming")

It could also be that you do not have this file yet, so just to make sure: Do/did you have a file called "swt-3.0win32.zip" in the Seeding Queue before closing Azureus?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-08-11, 17:02   Link #107
CNF666

Yes I do. It's #2 with a blue face that has 144 in front of it. the file is zipped (I'm assuming since ther is a picture of a folder that has a zipper zipped)...but I don't know how to do even un zipp it.

Old 2004-08-11, 17:20   Link #108
CNF666

Would it be easier if I just uninstall and delete everything and then re-install it. I only ask this because it seems like I am clogging up the boards with "how do you do this" and "how do you do that"

Old 2004-08-11, 19:08   Link #109
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

It seems you located the file then? Good.

If you are using Windows XP, it has an built-in zip program. Double click the zip file and a folder with the content should open. Mark all files in that folder (you can press Ctrl + A to do that) and drag and drop them into your Azureus folder.

PS: If you don't have a compression program yet (from the OS or otherwise) I recommend you to download and install WinRAR. Unfortunately, it's not freeware

Quote:
Would it be easier if I just uninstall and delete everything and then re-install it. I only ask this because it seems like I am clogging up the boards with "how do you do this" and "how do you do that"
You can do whatever you find easier. I for one do not care if you are "clogging up" this thread as long as you get your Azureus share ^_^

Old 2004-08-12, 15:11   Link #110
CNF666

And they just keep on coming

Ok so I did the uninstall but then just re installed everything and still have to go through the update. Anyways I clicked on the zipped folder and the programs in that folder came up E(internet explorer)about, javaw.exe, swt, swt-awt-win..., swtsrc(which has the icon of the zipped folder) and swt-win32-3. I then clicked on the swtsrc, pressed ctrl+A. is the files in that folder I want in my Azureus or the one that has E icon or both? Right now I have the ones form inside the swtsrc file in Azureus folder/file.

Old 2004-08-12, 15:41   Link #111
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Ok so I did the uninstall but then just re installed everything and still have to go through the update. Anyways I clicked on the zipped folder and the programs in that folder came up E(internet explorer)about, javaw.exe, swt, swt-awt-win..., swtsrc(which has the icon of the zipped folder) and swt-win32-3. I then clicked on the swtsrc, pressed ctrl+A. is the files in that folder I want in my Azureus or the one that has E icon or both? Right now I have the ones form inside the swtsrc file in Azureus folder/file.
You need only to unzip the files in the swt-3.0-win32.zip file and not the files inside the zip file in the zip file (complicated, eh ).

To make sure you get it right this time, I'll list the files that you have to extract into your Azureus folder:

swt.jar (do NOT unzip that file)
swtsrc.zip (do NOT unzip that file)
about.html (that's what you referred as file with the E icon, isn't it? )
java.exe.manifest
swt-awt-win32-3062.dll
swt-win32-3062.dll

Old 2004-08-13, 08:45   Link #112
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
i just downloaded the client and when i double click on azureus.exe nothing heppens >.< why wont the client work?
Zipi-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 08:55   Link #113
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipi-2
i just downloaded the client and when i double click on azureus.exe nothing heppens >.< why wont the client work?
Because Azureus is a Java client, thus it needs Java installed. Get it here.

Old 2004-08-13, 08:57   Link #114
Zipi-2
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Because Azureus is a Java client, thus it needs Java installed. Get it here.

i did -.- im not that stupid i read the whole guide
Old 2004-08-13, 09:03   Link #115
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Yeah, it happens sometimes that the Java does not get installed correctly. To fix that, uninstall both Azureus and Java from the Control Panel (Add/Remove programs), restart, then reinstall Java and Azureus. Also make sure you've downloaded the newest Java package - preferably the offline version (2nd link from the top of this site.)

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-08-13 at 09:39. Reason: I can't write properly ;_;
Old 2004-08-13, 09:07   Link #116
Zipi-2
God

ok it shall be done thx for the help
Old 2004-08-13, 09:47   Link #117
Zipi-2
God

damn still not working
java does work but azureus still wont launch
Old 2004-08-13, 15:31   Link #118
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
If you have a recent version of Java installed, you should also be able to open Azureus by clicking on the "Azureus2.jar" file. Else, go to the start menu, select "Run...", type "cmd" in the window that popsup and hit enter.
It the console that pops up, try "java" to see if it's correctly installed. If so, you should be able to open Azureus with:
"java -jar c:\path\to\azureus\Azureus2.jar"
Old 2004-08-13, 16:03   Link #119
Zipi-2
God

thx layer now it works
Old 2004-08-14, 19:14   Link #120
Zipi-2
God

very strange , the speed wont go higher then 50kb/s
wich is low for me cuz im used to having the speed of 100+ at my old client and my max capability is a little over 200 kb/s but i get that only from the explorer or kazaa
any suggestions to get a higher speed?

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate