AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-01-28, 23:54   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 775 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.



Spoiler's out! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the first summary:


-Chapter title is "From Lucien with Love". No ministory this week, but a color page instead.

-As Leo and Kabu take Mansherry with them, we see that she's pretty much tsundere towards Leo, heh. After they leave, the barely conscious Jora tries to get in contact with Doflamingo. It turns out the main reason why he held the princess captive was because the ultimate ability from the chiyu chiyu fruit, "restoration", can restore both living AND non-living things. Therefore, her power can be used to restore the Smile factory, should it be destroyed! However, her ultimate ability has one catch: It shaves off the lifespan of its user.....

-We then focus on Franky vs. Sr. Pink. They continue their slugfest, not bothering to dodge each others' attacks. Franky explains that he won't dodge because he respects Pink as a man, and is confident that he'll STILL win in the end. In return, Pink tells Franky that if he can survive his ultimate technique, he'll admit defeat and let Franky finish him off. He then "swims" Franky to the top of the tower, muttering about his wife and son (named Lucien and Gimlet, respectively). He then slams the cyborg to the ground, back-first, with his ultimate move Nyan Nyan Suplex: Baby Buster!

-While the technique certainly did its fair share of damage on Franky, the cyborg is not out of the game. Thus, staying true to his word, Pink admits defeat, and lets Franky finish him off with Franky Iron Boxing, a Gomu Gomu Gatling-style move. As he gets swept in the rain of punches, Pink is reminded of his wife and child again, and has a brief flashback. He met Lucien during a rainy day, and lied to her that he was a banker, as she despised pirates. Eventually, the two got married, and had their child, Gimlet. However, after some time passed, Lucien tells Pink that Gimlet died from illness. She also discovers his real identity as a pirate, and runs out on him. Unfortunately, yet another tragedy rears its ugly head, as the woman is caught in a landslide, rendering her to a vegetated state. Even worse, the doctor tells Pink that she doesn't have long to live, either....

-During one of his visits to the hospital, Pink wears the baby clothes meant for Gimlet, which surprisingly makes his wife smile. From that moment onward, he decides to stick with the baby clothes, no matter how many people ridicule him, since it made his wife happy. Back in the present, Franky knocks out the officer, then wipes his opponent's tears from his face, calling him brother. He then says that should they ever meet again, they should chat over drinks about the woman named Lucien....



....And unfortunately, we have another break to deal with after this manly chapter!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-01-29 at 03:28.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 03:30   Link #2
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Whew, updated with the full summary (credit goes to Aohige here!). A truly hardboiled individual that Pink is, indeed.



Also, I'm sure James will be overjoyed that the flashbacks he loves so much are back in this chapter!


Edit: BTW, I think Lucien is cute, too! Somehow, she doesn't look like a complete Nami clone to me. Must be because of the freckles, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 03:43   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
And she doesn't look like a standard "gorgeous babe" in OP universe.
She's actually pretty homely with ordinary plain look to her, which I think makes her look attractive.
__________________
aohige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 04:02   Link #4
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Wow. I guess we can count on Oda to give something as absurd as a grown man wearing infant clothes to have a rather heartfelt reason behind it. I just took it as one of those things you just have to accept no questions asked because One Piece is chock full of awesomely weird characters.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 04:38   Link #5
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
wow, now we finally understand the reason behind the clothing of pink. this fight sure is a over manly fight!
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 08:42   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
SENOR!!!!!!! Respect!

Really now, yes he's a no good evil pirate that lied to his wife about his living. But if a man is willing to dress up like a baby just to make is wife smile, he deserves some respect. It's been a while since I liked an antagonist this much...I'll be honest, Doffy's crew has some likeable crewmembers...one or two, but still more than some antagonist pirate crews.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 09:20   Link #7
Gilly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Mangastream used Lucy Anne instead of Lucien. I think this makes more sense.

Let's try and guess who's next in line for a flashback :P
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 09:47   Link #8
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Dang... Gimlet never had a chance
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:05   Link #9
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't franky fix the issue where his back was still flesh and blood during the timeskip?
__________________
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:19   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
I never expected Senor pick to have a sad backstory nor such a profound reason to dress like a baby. He really is the most respectable member of Dofla's crew. A real man.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:22   Link #11
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never expected Senor pick to have a sad backstory nor such a profound reason to dress like a baby. He really is the most respectable member of Dofla's crew. A real man.
seeing as how the reason only applies to when his wife is present, he's still a weirdo psychopath
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:53   Link #12
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm usually wary about trusting those early bird scans, but I guess maybe Lucy Anne could be correct? Maybe Aohige or someone can clear that up. Though personally, I still kinda like Lucien better, even if it is more commonly used as a male's name.


Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't franky fix the issue where his back was still flesh and blood during the timeskip?

Hmm, I don't recall. I remember the original reason he couldn't work on his back was just because he couldn't reach there, but that's about it. Though honestly, even if his back WERE made of metal there would still be plenty of damage considering how Pink constantly slammed him into the ground, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 11:09   Link #13
PantsuSister
Peeking The Girl Bathroom
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Where am I?
Age: 20
Senor, you were scary on the outside. but you have a extremely soft, kind, and romantic side on you.
you're the man among man on Doflamingo crew
__________________
PantsuSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 11:15   Link #14
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
No new chapter next week? You mean we just spent a bunch of previous chapters on characters that will never see again? Aahhh UGH!!!
__________________
Fullmetal Alchemest - Ed fan. Inazuma Eleven - Endou fan.
Marchen Awakens Romance - Ginta fan. KS Dadesico - Akito fan. Gintama - Gintoki. Yugioh Arc V - Yuya fan.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 13:34   Link #15
Alpha Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't franky fix the issue where his back was still flesh and blood during the timeskip?
The back was the only part he couldn't ever fix because his hands wouldn't reach. You can get someone help to do it for you, but when you're all alone...
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 13:41   Link #16
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
The back was the only part he couldn't ever fix because his hands wouldn't reach. You can get someone help to do it for you, but when you're all alone...
the SHs haven't had enough downtime lately for Robin to give him a hand?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 14:36   Link #17
Trafalgar D. Law
Yonko
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Europe
Well, kind of a fun chapter. I'm happy to know more about senor pink, but with previous week's chapter, this one, and next week's skip, I feel like,it's becoming really slow. I don't like spending so much time over 1 arc. I hope the end will be great enough to make up for it.
I'm happy franky won this match. I wasn't sure he was going to anymore. Will the whole next chapter be about destroying the factory now? I also hope that they won't restore the factory once destroyed like that art sl** said. Dofi really has some strange crew mates. Please Oda-Sama, let's advance a litte faster.
__________________
Kenbunshoku Haki 見聞色の覇気

Busoshoku Haki 武装色の覇気

Haoshoku Haki 覇王色の覇気
Trafalgar D. Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 14:48   Link #18
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, now that we've just got the 3 executives and Dofla left (and Bellamy too if he counts), I wonder if we're going to get a brief history of the execs, as well? Like maybe Oda will reveal the reason behind Pica's high-pitched voice is some tragic accident that involved him swallowing a tank of helium as a kid or something, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 15:09   Link #19
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Like maybe Oda will reveal the reason behind Pica's high-pitched voice is some tragic accident that involved him swallowing a tank of helium as a kid or something, lol.
haha! my money's on diamante never getting picked to be flag bearer at his elementary school so he ruthlessly sought out the flag flag fruit to turn everything into flags.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 15:31   Link #20
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Another officer down. I somehow feel sorry for this one's backstory.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.