AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-10-20, 08:50   Link #81
LK_LoA

Bottle Fairies!
Old 2004-10-20, 10:11   Link #82
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

Yes, Elfen Lied's Lilium is cool, combined with the paintings inspired by the work of Gustav Klimt, that is a classic intro. Simply the best of 04.

And I see that no one had mentioned Texhnolyze, perhaps very few people have seen it? The OP "Guardian Angel" is from the group Juno Reactor, they also did some trance music for the Matrix sequels. "Guardian Angel" rocks, the animation sequence is superb too.

The ED, or outro song of Texhnolyze, is hands down the best I've ever heard in any anime. That song is called "Tsuki no uta" by Gackt, a nice mix of guitar and strings plus the voice of Gackt really set up the sad mood for the song, and the anime itself as well. I love the animation sequence very much too; Ran is beautiful, the artwork of Yoshitoshi ABe is amazing.

Haibane Renmei, another work of Yoshitoshi Abe, its intro music is awesome too. "Free bird" is a nice piece of symphony, I couldn't find a better word to describe it, just love how the music match with the anime.

"Duvet" from Serial Experiments Lain is the best English intro song I heard, the lyrics just stuck in my head the first time I heard it. Recently, the ED song "Life is like a boat" from Bleach is another nice piece of English (also mix with Japanese lyrics) song.

And lastly, what sort of list would be completed without the work of Yoko Kanno. I simply love everything she did. She and Maaya Sakamoto formed the best composer-singer tandem in my opinion, "Hemisphere", "tune the rainbow" from RahXephon, "Gravity" from Wolf's Rain, just to name a few. Yoko's music is very diverse, from the Jazz intro of Cowboy Bebop to the "Inner Universe" of GITS, they are amazing. The song that I love the most is the ED of Turn A gundam, "Tsuki no mayu", simply watching Diana slowly turns into a butterfly in the background is already a classic.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 11:40   Link #83
Arwyn

I like it when the OP really sets up the mood for the storyline in an anime. I really enjoy watching the OP setup the emotion for the actual series. Secondly, the OP has got to grab me and get stuck in my head.

That being the case, my current favorites;

Monster- Great OP, and really sets up the series well.

Raxephon- Absolutely awesome music score throughout, one of my favorite series, and the music score matches it perfectly.

GANTZ- OP sets up and compliments the series very well. Very edgy and frantic, good match to the show itself.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime- Right up there with Raxephon. The music in Tsukihime is just fantastic, the OP made me want the OST immediately.

Last Exile- Another good emotional fit and good setup to the series, nice OP evokes the whole flying/soaring there.

Chobits- Ok, its cheesy pop music, and way to cutesy, but it fits and its really catchy.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC- Great OP, sets up the series very well, catchy. The funny thing is that I think the ED is actually better. Another one were I wanted the OST.

Popotan- just like Chobits, cheesy and cutesy, but absolutely fits the emotion and story setup of the series, and its another track that gets stuck in your head.

Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak- not the greatest OP out there, but the upbeat OP matches the series bright epic feel perfectly.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 15:33   Link #84
Krapmaster

Futakoi Alternative
Krapmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:06   Link #85
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Trigun and Bleach, and Gunsmith Cats
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:42   Link #86
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm gonna say Bubble Gum Crisis, JoJo's Bizzare Adventures OAV and I forget the other one I was thinking of. But they really hyped me up for the show.
Old 2005-12-31, 01:02   Link #87
Eclipze

Last OP for prince of tennis (Dream Believer)

And probably the OP for Mai Hime.
Old 2005-12-31, 01:30   Link #88
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Erhm, OP animations right?

- Guardian Hearts
- Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu
- Azumanga Daioh
- Trigun
- Cowboy Bebop
- Mizuiro 2003 OVA
- Full Metal Panic
- Fullmetal Alchemist 2nd OP
- Evangelion
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 02:39   Link #89
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

FMA - rewrite (riraito) I like the face expression of ed in the beginning. His face expression shows alot of emotions.

Fruits basket.

-Albert Einstein.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:58   Link #90
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I would go with..

1)Spiral ~ Suiri no Kizuna ~ - the first and maybe only anime I've started watching just because of its great OP. Well done though, there was a great anime beyond it too

2)School Rumble
3)Neon Genesis Evangelion
4)Uta~Kata
5)Fruits Basket
6)Midori no Hibi
7)Da Capo (First Season)
8)Popotan
9)Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
10)DearS
Old 2005-12-31, 04:49   Link #91
Ilpalazzo-sama

(In no particular order)
Azumanga Daioh
School Rumble
Now and Then, Here and There (nothing special, but hey, the song rules)
GITS:SAC, GITS:SAC 2nd GiG
Cowboy Bebop
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 05:49   Link #92
Alpha123

My top anime intros would have to be:

Elfen Lied - From the Latin opera like opening “Lilium” to the in the background animation being reminiscent of the paintings by Gustav Klimt (which also act as a plot device), this intro truly captivated me and I believe it to be one of the few openings of an anime that I have never skip over whenever I re-watch this series.

Tsukihime - The ballad tune of the intro and animation just fit the series perfectly in my opinion, it really set the tone of this anime for me.

Trigun - How could you not love that Guitar solo? The animation that it is also coupled with isn't too bad either.

Shakugan no Shana - Heck, I just love "Hishoku no Sora."
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 06:24   Link #93
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

Bokusatsu Tenshi no Dokuro-chan has a great OP animation, and the song matches it perfectly... I'd say it's worth dowloading just for the intro, but that would be degrading to the awesomely funny anime.

Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Kare Kano all have a very nice OP, though for me part of the value comes from nostalgia of seeing them again. The first OP of Honey & Clover is really nice because it's very different from the usual animated openings. Also I really liked the animated intro for the Densha Otoko drama, it's beautifully done, really creative and blends very well with the music.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:27   Link #94
blackwinry
one is all, all is one...

i realy like the 2nd opening of fullmetal alchemist, with the song ready steady go by l`arc~en~ceil
blackwinry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 10:15   Link #95
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Shakugan no Shana 1st intro. (the second is really good, but not as good as the 1st, imo)
Old 2006-03-06, 21:58   Link #96
mit7059

Best Anime Opening?

I thought it would be fun to hear about everyone's favorite anime openers, and not just the music but the animation too.
I think my favorite right now is from Spiral, I really like the shadows and the washed out look, Other favorites include DN Angel and Air.
What about you?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:14   Link #97
jedinat
フリーター

Best opening ever is Excel Saga's.

Some other good ones:
Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
the new Blood+ one
Mushishi (mostly for the song)

Those are the only ones that come to mind...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:31   Link #98
domino
デレデレ

I really liked the first opening of Bleach. It was colorful and exciting~

The first Eureka 7 opening is fun to watch, too. Gankutsuou's opening was an excellent mood-setter...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:54   Link #99
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
do we mean images? Or music?

I liked AIR's not because it's one of my fav anime but the images are fantastic and just WOW

this is a hard one ^-6"...

I really like Digimon Tamers with the shadow parts and stuff some neat stuff going on

I like Ojamjao Doremi Mo-tto opening sequence in time wityh the music is adorable.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 23:00   Link #100
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Stellvia is one of my favourites. It has Shipon. It's set to Asu e no Brilliant Road which is one of the best pieces of anime music ever. And it's a totally awesome series as well. Easy win

Aria is another top one, because it's kind of a non-opening. The episode is still going while Undine is playing, and it's nice the way it just fades into the rest of the episode with no real seperation between episode and opening.