AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-02-28, 00:59   Link #221
Muyasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDergroundX View Post
I have a hunch that a shibukai would join the SH to even the balance out. Probably Arlong's captain before that is also a merman whaleshark.

I really want a fat guy to join Luffy's crew. It sounds stupid but crews like these need a fat guy or something big to be the background always in the Strawhat crew photos.
No Shibukai will join the SH. No matter how you look about it, it would only be a step down. The next member(s) have to fill a specific requirement; that being that they have to be weaker than the big three but stronger than Ussop.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 15:36   Link #222
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I would sooooooo love Caimey to join the crew

but what kind of powers would she have, and what would make her join so she can find it at One Piece

I would think that she is a logia type user, while her goal is to find some legendary material that she can use for her designs that can only be found in Gold Rogers treasure

It would also appear that she is somewhat of a cluts
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 15:41   Link #223
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I would sooooooo love Caimey to join the crew

but what kind of powers would she have, and what would make her join so she can find it at One Piece

I would think that she is a logia type user, while her goal is to find some legendary material that she can use for her designs that can only be found in Gold Rogers treasure

It would also appear that she is somewhat of a cluts
First off, Cammie can swim, so she ain't a Devil fruit user... second, in the mini arc, all she did was get captured and needed to be saved by Hatchi... so she's certianly not fighter of anykind
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 15:26   Link #224
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First off, Cammie can swim, so she ain't a Devil fruit user... second, in the mini arc, all she did was get captured and needed to be saved by Hatchi... so she's certianly not fighter of anykind
to the above, who knows if the "Hammer" rule accually counts for mermen and mermaids and she might show useful skills (Robin's powers aren't exactly meant for battle)
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 15:49   Link #225
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
to the above, who knows if the "Hammer" rule accually counts for mermen and mermaids and she might show useful skills (Robin's powers aren't exactly meant for battle)
Why wouldn't the rule apply to mermen and mermaids? It applies for all humans, animals (chopper), so it should apply to the mermen species as well.
Old 2008-03-03, 01:59   Link #226
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
No Shibukai will join the SH. No matter how you look about it, it would only be a step down. The next member(s) have to fill a specific requirement; that being that they have to be weaker than the big three but stronger than Ussop.
yeah. that would be soooo lame.. shichibukai's pride would never let themselves join any pirate and become subordinates
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 02:00   Link #227
chitgoks

yeah.. any"one" or any"thing" that gulps down a devil fruit will succumb to the hammer rule. if they're water based .. they can idle underwater for the rest of their lives and grow old lol
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 05:15   Link #228
rabbitgodmeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
When did this happen?

Also, the next member could be some form of animal tamer. Throughout the series there have been beast tamers and there is not one on the Luffy crew. Caime have some kind of special way with animals, I know they have chopper, but we'll see. That is the only thing I can see as a possibility for her.
rabbitgodmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:26   Link #229
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitgodmeow View Post
When did this happen?
The cover story mini-arcs from the manga... Where Oda tells all his canon side stories... just as he did for Coby and helmmepo's training, and what happened to Buggy after he got launched by Luffy and so forth.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:28   Link #230
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Well I can't say who or what I'd like to join but I've got a few requirements the crew member should fulfil:

a) be female the crew is a sausage fest of extreme proportions but at the same time I want this female to be part of the guys antics because I'm tired of the respetable nature of the SH ladies [assuming Nami can be called respectable for instance her use of the happiness punch]
b) not be a DF user. The SH crew is chock full of DF users and I’m somewhat tired of seeing them. I know DF’s are the easiest way to create zany abilities but I don’t want a crew of DF users. If they were a weapon user [but not a sword], a device user like Nami or a h2h fighter I’d be happy.
c) I’d like them to have a regular appearance. I, for one, enjoy Oda’s wacky designs but he’s got 3 such characters already in the crew we don’t need 2 more the crew is more than strange enough for anyone. Now my only exception to this is if the next member is a fishperson. I’m sure Nami wouldn’t like such a crew mate but I can see her getting over it in time. All Fishmen look weird but it’s a weIrdness I can tolerate.
d) Please for the love of everything good and beautiful in the world don’t let the next crew member be a reformed enemy or an ex-marine/shichibukai/things of that general nature. I absolutely detest the mere thought of this happening.
e) No logia’s even the weakest logia would be as powerful or more so than Luffy and we just can’t have that Zoro is officially the 2nd strongest with Sanji getting an honourable mention.
Old 2008-03-14, 12:36   Link #231
Boduar

Hmm 4/9 crew members are DF users and only 1 of them (luffy) is actually combat, the other 3 are medic, singer, and I dont know exactly what robin does. So basically im fairly certain theres room for another DF user which will bring it up to 50/50 ratio. It also seems like more or less all the basic roles are filled except like a laundry person or something.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 03:37   Link #232
drummania

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
He was a former captain and a good swordsman. Obviously, he's very useful to the crew. He can even be a leader.
no he wasn't a captain.
drummania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 03:46   Link #233
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummania View Post
no he wasn't a captain.
Yes he was. After the original captain was forced to leave, due to illness, Brook became the Captain of the...Musical Pirates, or whatever they were called. He even received a bounty of 33 million (which, since it was from before Gol D. Roger and the Golden age of the Pirate (the present era), 33 million is probably comparable to 80 to 100 million) as Captain.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 01:16   Link #234
t3ck
Anime Freak

Camie will join. That's what the big fish tank in Thousand Sunny's for
Old 2008-03-20, 00:03   Link #235
AdventSleeper

Hmmm.. I got the perfect position for Camie!
The sometimes starving SH crew's fisher
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 11:19   Link #236
Crimson Reaper

I think most people would agree we're getting a mermaid next, or at the very least another girl. But as for mermaid options I don't think it'll be Camie. Sure she's cute and funny and all but she just doesn't have the qualifications to join.
1) She has NO fighting skills, even Nami had her staff skills before she joined. All of the crew needs to be able to defend themselves.
2) No tragic past. While her life may not be easy, I doubt she's had anything happen to her that qualifys as truely tragic.
3) Her dream. She does have one, but it's not one where she has to become a pirate to achieve it. She's happy where she is with Hacchi.

Oda clearly isn't afraid to have new members join so soon after each other so I think when they do get to merman island they'll run across a mermaid, whose recently turned 30 and gained legs.(Although Camie did move just fine on land with her fin)
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:13   Link #237
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

While watching the Straw Hat's raid into the CP9 HQ i though that they absolutely need a Logia user, to get quickly rid of all the weaklings on their way.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 02:51   Link #238
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

I think after brook, the straw hats are all set. They are by far near the red line (serious bussiness portion of one piece).

Thats just like saying stocking up on goods before the hurricane.
Old 2008-04-27, 16:16   Link #239
Nobushige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModokiBunny View Post
I think after brook, the straw hats are all set. They are by far near the red line (serious bussiness portion of one piece).

Thats just like saying stocking up on goods before the hurricane.
remember.......... luffy ever said that he wanted at least 10 people..........

maybe ace...........after luffy saves him from impel down..........
Nobushige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 12:28   Link #240
MasterX

Yeah, it'll have to be a Logia-type, maybe Ace. They can have someone who doesn't have any specific position, but has an incredibly strong Devil's Fruit or a former Marine. If you think about it, someone who's familiar with the Marines makes sense, because Luffy was baffled when he was at Navarone. To prevent the Straw Hats from having a disadvantage, they need a former Marine or someone who's familiar with 'em.

So, an unusual Marine with a Logia Fruit. That's my guess.

Last edited by MasterX; 2008-06-01 at 12:42.
MasterX is offline   Reply With Quote