AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-12-27, 23:55   Link #141
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

it all ways works out like that kinda like Oda is planing ahead

but teh natural abilities of the mermaid would allow her to swim so teh DF should have no Affact on her
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:00   Link #142
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
but teh natural abilities of the mermaid would allow her to swim so teh DF should have no Affact on her
the natural abilities of a mermaid wouldn't matter... the sea bascially paralyzes DF user making them incapable of any movement

Quote:
Luffy did go out in search of a cook, and found Sanji. Luffy also searched for a Navigator,
while i'm not sure about Sanji, Nami joined the crew basically right after Luffy started thinking he needed a navigator... Luffy never actively went looking for a navigator if i recall right

but its as Sazelyt said... the only real requirment is that the person interest luffy in some way or form... besides, unless he excepts franky as the musican, then he may still want a musican =P
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:13   Link #143
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, for sure they went in search of a cook...remember, at first Nami was offering to do it for payment, and Johnny and Yosaku told Luffy that the place to find a good cook was Baratie, that's why they went there.

You're right that they didn't go searching for a Navigator, but as I said, that's because they didn't really have a crew or ship yet. Luffy was out searching for anyone he could find, and when he found out Nami was a Navigator, he asked her to join. Since they've officially been sailing as the strawhat pirates on a ship, Robin was the only exception with not being sought after for a position. But I never have intended to say that it HAS to be that way. I just think it's too soon right now for another new member.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:16   Link #144
brandfireX

i knew that teh DF would get rid of teh mermaid power i just want a mermaid to become part of the crew maybe as a singer cause franky can play something and i also want a logai type DF use on board to make teh trio and logai types clean up in battle and that would make 10 members which is how many luffy said he wanted before going into teh grandline but the new word would be good two

maybe there will be mermaid twins that wanna join teh crew and one ate a Logia type DF and cant swim and the other is just really strong and can swim (the first was once weak but then ate teh DF to catch up with its sibling theycould be any gender it wouldnt matter it wouldbe better if they were both gilrs or a girl and a guy) that is a rediculous theory but it would make my day if it happened

i wanted ace and enel to join the crew butneitherof those happened
Old 2006-12-28, 05:40   Link #145
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Well Anyways...Few Comments
In the beginning Luffy stated he wanted a Crew of 10..Not knowing if that includes of doesnt included him.

But I think it is getting obvious who they are putting to next...Tashigi Or Smoker...Or maybe even both. They recently reintroduced them. And luffy does seem to like Smoker and Tashigi to Zoro. So its definitly leaning one of them if not both will join up.
Old 2006-12-28, 10:06   Link #146
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Well Anyways...Few Comments
In the beginning Luffy stated he wanted a Crew of 10..Not knowing if that includes of doesnt included him.

But I think it is getting obvious who they are putting to next...Tashigi Or Smoker...Or maybe even both. They recently reintroduced them. And luffy does seem to like Smoker and Tashigi to Zoro. So its definitly leaning one of them if not both will join up.
The only problem with that is that Smoker is totaly against what pirates stand for, plus he is a logia DF user which kind of seems unfair since that would mean he's stronger than Luffy, and we can't have that now can we?

And Tashigi is a swordsman/woman and so is Zoro which means the crew would become unbalanced.

But then again you know Oda! he can twist anything around on us.
Old 2006-12-28, 10:28   Link #147
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
i suggested that before .. but it won't happen until luffy reach the new world.. also i think they wil join as 11th and 12th crew memeber after a battle against SH in an island in the new world.
i think the next crew memeber will be memaid as i suggested a long time ago.. she will be using music or sound as attacking power .. without DF since i belive merman and mermaid can't eat them.

and the next one will be a child (13~15) years old, who appear at first to be normal while in reality he is very strong and have logaia DF (i think wind type) and he is revolutionest send by dragon to watch luffy and led SH to him...
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 11:39   Link #148
brandfireX

those are great crew member theorys i like teh little kid with teh Logia fruit but dragon has weather and that crazy guy from teh dragon arc. thing used a wind DF i dont think it was a logia tho but Oda would not have three wind DF powers around it would have to be something new a kool/powerfull but what would his position on teh crew be

and the mermaid attacking with her voice is pure genious (like the lion guy in one of teh movies) she has to be a singer 2

but even tho i like smoker and tashigi i dont know if they will join the crew, really i hope they dont, Climhazard has it right smoker is to strong and the SH cant have two swordsman/woman but Oda could spin it if smoker got weaker and tashigi used another weapon but both are highly unlikely he will be a maojr villian in the "new world" and smoker said that the mariens need power and a force that can take down teh SH he doesnt want to join them unless he will destroy them from teh inside out but again unlikely SHare alll about nakama.
Old 2006-12-28, 16:58   Link #149
airsBlue

Quote:
those are great crew member theorys i like teh little kid with teh Logia fruit but dragon has weather and that crazy guy from teh dragon arc. thing used a wind DF i dont think it was a logia tho but Oda would not have three wind DF powers around it would have to be something new a kool/powerfull but what would his position on teh crew be
actually i don't know dragon power .. but i don't think it is a wind DF type ... it is something like the darkness DF power the BB is using..

Quote:
and the mermaid attacking with her voice is pure genious (like the lion guy in one of teh movies) she has to be a singer 2
actually i though about her using those instrument that they always how mermaid playing on them in most of series or movies ... additional to her voice (maybe she can control people )

Quote:
but even tho i like smoker and tashigi i dont know if they will join the crew, really i hope they dont, Climhazard has it right smoker is to strong and the SH cant have two swordsman/woman but Oda could spin it if smoker got weaker and tashigi used another weapon but both are highly unlikely he will be a maojr villian in the "new world" and smoker said that the mariens need power and a force that can take down teh SH he doesnt want to join them unless he will destroy them from teh inside out but again unlikely SHare alll about nakama.
he is what i think ...
1- first smoker was impressed by roger and i believe he wanted to be a pirate, until he saw that most of the pirates are scums so he decided to be marine just to reduce their number specially the ones that trying to enter grandline ... and he really like luffy
2- he said to luffy in lougetown .. that luffy need to beat him if he want to enter grandline .. well luffy ran away and that's way smoker followed him to grandline .. when luffy defeat him he will not have any more reason to follow luffy.
3- i build a nice story for them joining, here is a part of it:
smoker and tashigi will follow SH in the new world after an arc finish or some kind of accedent that will happen in some island their .. that island and all around it wil start to sink ... now smoker and tashigi will catch with them while SH trying to escape.. after some dialog smoker and luffy start their fight, zoro and tashigi start their own battle.
now luffy will defeat smoker, while zoro after some time decide to use his real skills against Tashigi (end fight with one move), now smoker and tashigi had been defeated they are on the sinking island and their marine ship can't reach them, so luffy and zoro carry them to their ship for chopper to treat them ... and smoker and Toshigi will stay with SH for a while until they reach the next island and i think they will like to stay with them... well this is the basic idea and i think u can think of the rest
Old 2006-12-28, 17:13   Link #150
brandfireX

i like the fact that you have a story line and everthing already though out but i still like teh first two theory about the kid

and i like the story but more realisticaly chopper will treat, them they will get better, start fighting again and now be held captive by the SH, then they both comearound tashigi before smoker, and they will have a reasonably good time together until the next island where luffy will ask them to join his crew but they will say no but they will no longer hunt them but will / or will not continue to be marines and will instead fallow there own dreams what ever they may be (i could see smoker working on a teh sea train and tashigi a sensei traing kids about and with swords )
Old 2006-12-28, 18:10   Link #151
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
he is what i think ...
1- first smoker was impressed by roger and i believe he wanted to be a pirate, until he saw that most of the pirates are scums so he decided to be marine just to reduce their number specially the ones that trying to enter grandline ... and he really like luffy
2- he said to luffy in lougetown .. that luffy need to beat him if he want to enter grandline .. well luffy ran away and that's way smoker followed him to grandline .. when luffy defeat him he will not have any more reason to follow luffy.
3- i build a nice story for them joining, here is a part of it:
smoker and tashigi will follow SH in the new world after an arc finish or some kind of accedent that will happen in some island their .. that island and all around it wil start to sink ... now smoker and tashigi will catch with them while SH trying to escape.. after some dialog smoker and luffy start their fight, zoro and tashigi start their own battle.
now luffy will defeat smoker, while zoro after some time decide to use his real skills against Tashigi (end fight with one move), now smoker and tashigi had been defeated they are on the sinking island and their marine ship can't reach them, so luffy and zoro carry them to their ship for chopper to treat them ... and smoker and Toshigi will stay with SH for a while until they reach the next island and i think they will like to stay with them... well this is the basic idea and i think u can think of the rest
1) Smoker never wanted to be a pirate, what he got from Roger's smile was more of a sign of respect than admiration. While Smoker does reconize pirates as his sworn enemies, he's not above giving them a certain degree of respect for those that earn it... Roger, while an enemy, earn respect in smoker's eyes, and Luffy could end up on a similar case... however, respect and "liking" are two VERY different things...
2) Even if Luffy beat him, i highly doubt smoker would just give up on capturing Luffy... Smoker would pretty much just retreat, regroup and try again... he will be to luffy as garp was to roger; Roger escaped from garp many times but garp never did give up on him, the same would probably go for smoker...

3) now your forgetting quite a few things... Smoker has a stong sence of personal justice, that is something that's never gonna change about him... The pirate life in general, pretty much goes against his sence of justice; i mean, when luffy thought of stealling the gold from skypeia, smoker would have been heavily against that... Getting beaten and saved by luffy would only earn Luffy's respect from smoker, not his friendship... so long as luffy sails under a pirate flag, he will be seen as an enemy...

The ONLY thing that could get smoker to join luffy's side is if he found that justice was on Luffy's side... as it stands, though smoker sees some corruption, he reconizes that justice is with the world gov't; afterall, the world gov't does represent the citizens of the world... If smoker were to find that the world gov't was ABSOLUTLY corrupt, like say, through the revealing of a certain lost history (hint, hint), THAN Smoker, following his personal sence of justice, would turn against the world gov't and by extension more towards luffy's side... however, his feelings about the pirate life wouldn't change much and thus, while joining forces with the strawhats, he would never join the crew...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 18:23   Link #152
airsBlue

Quote:
The ONLY thing that could get smoker to join luffy's side is if he found that justice was on Luffy's side... as it stands, though smoker sees some corruption, he reconizes that justice is with the world gov't; afterall, the world gov't does represent the citizens of the world... If smoker were to find that the world gov't was ABSOLUTLY corrupt, like say, through the revealing of a certain lost history (hint, hint), THAN Smoker, following his personal sence of justice, would turn against the world gov't and by extension more towards luffy's side... however, his feelings about the pirate life wouldn't change much and thus, while joining forces with the strawhats, he would never join the crew...
ummm.. if robin told smoker about the lost 100 years and she told him that most likely the true history can be found in raftel.. and what if smoker meet with dragon and heard his side of stroy. also after reaching high position he will have access to some secret files (ex. the real stroy behind robin, SH attack on EL, and others). don't u think it will make him on doubt.
also by joining SH .. he can get the head of the Shichibukai, he can get rid of any marine officer he see corupted and do what he see his own justice...
also it will be almost at the end of the series before luffy figh WB and shanks. so i don't see problem.
well yeah they didn't say anything about smoker dream and mostly i though it up, but this is how is see it. because i really want smoker and Ace to fight

also about tashigi's dream. she want to collect the swords from the hand of the evil people or whatever ... anyway i think it is best for her to against the WG to fullfil her dream since their are some swords that she can't get because she can't touch their owner while she is a marine officer.
Old 2006-12-28, 23:39   Link #153
brandfireX

airsBlue you should reread teh part where Slayerx is talking about smokers sence of personal justice cause i dont think that he would believe what pirates and a rev says to him even if they are right he would have to be told the truth about teh void era and then go look it up for himself which will not happen cause he will just wanna stop teh lies that teh pirates are saying and not even hear them. tashigi's dream is to get teh worlds best swords and not let bad guysuse them and her personal sence of justice says that teh bad guys are pirates and they have some good swords.
Old 2006-12-29, 07:46   Link #154
airsBlue

yeah, i read that part ...
but u seem u didn't notice what i said, i want smoker to join luffy because it is kinda interesting specially since they want another phenomena DF type to fight the divisions of WB .. also u are saying that smoker will not listen to what pirate say but didn't he follow and investigate what SH told him about croc on alabasta ?? instad of continue to follow SH to capture them, he let them go and start to look up for what croc was doing

also about tashigi.. she said that her dream is to gather the famous Meitou:
The legnedary Saijou Oowaza-mono 12
The Oowaza-mono 21
The Ryou-Waza-mono 50
Quote:
the great swordsmen of the world are all pirates, or bounty hunters ... all their great Meitou of the world are in their hands, u see?
anyway, i swear, with this shigure.. i will be a swordsman and improve my skills! and then i am going to travel the world, and free the Meitou from the hands of the scums!"
this what Toshigi said.
ah.. also she continue after zoro told her that if she will come after his swords..
she said
Quote:
Oh! i didn't mean that i want to have the Meitou! i just meant that i don't want them in the hands of evil people
u see.. she consider pirates and bounty hunter as evil people and she want to free the famous Meitou from their hand .. but even though bounty hunters in her mind are evil she can't attack them unless they have a bounty on their head or she will be wanted, that's one
there are some pirates like the Shichibukai who have them .. and she can't touch them even though she believe they are evil .. and most likely some rich people and other people that she will come to see but she won't be able to touch them.

in other word her dream can't be fullfilled unless she became outlow and wanted herself.. also in her dream she said she wanted to improve her skills and travel the world .. which could mean she is just using the marines power in order to train herself, and she doesn't have any kind of reason to stay with them.. since she is from really rich family, also she can take a short cut and change her dreams from gathering the Meitou from evil people .. to gather all of them!! and she will have the same name as nami
Old 2006-12-29, 14:35   Link #155
brandfireX

ko i see your reasoning behind them joining the crew but eiircho oda wouldnt unbalence teh SH with another swordsman so tashigi is out but smoker still has a very very very very small chance of being on teh crew

Last edited by brandfireX; 2006-12-29 at 18:49.
Old 2006-12-31, 20:40   Link #156
King Jb612

why?

who brought this old topic back?and why?
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 21:08   Link #157
onepiecelover

We already have the 8th memeber now we need the 9th and I wanna know who tat is going to be ^^
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 08:01   Link #158
DemonQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakewaterz0r View Post
Spoiler:
wat the hell the 8th crew member is Franky or Cutty Flam from water seven
DemonQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:58   Link #159
Kwt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonQueen View Post
wat the hell the 8th crew member is Franky or Cutty Flam from water seven
hehe this is an old thread and i wanna know whos goin to be the 9th ... if there one >_<
Kwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 19:26   Link #160
ellifeedn
Thinker

If there's going to be a 9th, Brook is the best and surefire choice there is (this is a spoiler thread right?). As for a merperson (lame thing to say but who cares) joining, I would like to see it as well but if this series has told us something, it's that in order to have a female nakama two "boss" characters have to be beaten.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote