AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-30, 20:04   Link #1
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Angry Problems with Captain Tsubasa Episode 12?

I've been having lots of media player errors and crashes when i try watching it. Anyone having similar problems?
Old 2004-05-30, 20:53   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

You posted in the wrong forum; I've moved the thread for you this time. Next time check the forum descriptions before posting.

While you're waiting for someone to reply/help/etc, I suggest you check out the Media Configuration Guide... you might find it has already answered your question.
Old 2004-05-31, 06:38   Link #3
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Well i only have divx codecs installed. Do i need anything else?
Old 2004-06-01, 00:07   Link #4
Animaniac
On leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Well i only have divx codecs installed. Do i need anything else?
You must have a problem reading.
Right from the Media Configuration Guide:
Quote:
1) Make sure any codecs (e.g. DivX 5 and XviD) or codec packages (e.g. Nimo or K++) are fully uninstalled, restart if anything needed to be uninstalled. (More info.)

2) Make sure you have one player listed in the Suggested Players section. Media Player Classic is highly recommended.

3) Install files in the Level 1 group, namely ffdshow-alpha, and check if the file plays correctly. For most fansubs you do not need to proceed further.
Uninstall all those codecs and just install ffdshow. It has been said so many times on this forum, but you didn't take the time to look or you would have known. Newsflash: Your problem is not special, 99% of all problems posted here are the SAME.

Also, installing all the codecs possible will only cause trouble. ffdshow is able to handle nearly any format you'll see in an anime fansub. You don't need to run around and get DivX and XviD. The official DivX and XviD releases are really only for people who are going to be encoding (read: making) DivX or XviD files.
Closed Thread