AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-05-15, 01:27   Link #1
goldenthal

Paranoia Agent Music

What a wonderful ambient, electronic score! The arrangement is intricately-layered as expected from the digital musical genius Susumu Hirasawa!

Favourite Tracks Apart from the OP and the ED:
Kuroi Hama
Musou Tani
Shiroi Oka - Maromi no Theme
Toubou
Baiyou

For those who cannot get enough, you can try Millenium Actress or Bersek.
goldenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 02:14   Link #2
wao
OK.

Isn't Shiroi Oka - Maromi no Theme the ED?

I liked all the various versions of the ED that were in the OST, as well as one or two more, but it did feel a bit too electronic for me. Maybe I'm just not used to it... And some of the things sounded too similar. I wasn't very fond of this OST (unlike the Mari-mite one), but damn, the OP and ED kick ass. Especially the ED... that creepy one-and-a-half minute melody...... waaaaargh!
Old 2004-05-17, 15:21   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

The opening, especially the extended version, is as it should be - chilling and excellent. The ending is even more amazing, and I think it's a good move to have not extended it. The ending BGM is excellent, also...

My other favorites are (sorry, don't have the OST near me so I don't know the titles) the one that was played in the first episode after Shounen Bat's "I'm home" and then the episode 2 one, Ichii's theme. I've only listened to it once, though, and I know the others will grow on me
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 20:41   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Sorry to revive this thread, but some of the songs throughout the soundtrack sound really action-y and epic and stuff, a little odd for Paranoia Agent, IMO. Like some final battle type showdown songs - ie the second to last song. Makes me pretty sure that the series will lead up to a REALLY crazy, intense climax.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 00:01   Link #5
stpehen
kisses for all

While I'm not a huge fan of Hirasawa's dark & brooding tracks, his ability to create beautiful melodies is amazing, when he chooses to employ it.