AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-04, 11:05   Link #1
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
DVD Quality Marimite

I noticed that Anime Fin is doing DVD quality fansubs of Marimite. Has anyone downloaded these and checked them out? For the next two months I'm stuck in Mexico and I can't download anything, but I'm wondering if they should be on my "To Download" list for when I go back to the states =P .

Basically, in addition to higher quality, does it look like any of the scenes were redrawn to look better than they did in the TV release? This wasn't much of a problem in the first few episodes, but in later episodes the animation quality seemed to decrease, and I'd like to see that remedied in the DVDs (especially if they come to the US so I can buy them!)
Old 2004-06-04, 12:01   Link #2
^PaNdA
I hate you n_n

i have um "copies" of the dvd and they're pretty much teh same from wat i remember.
Old 2004-06-04, 12:03   Link #3
atua

You can do as you like, but since AnimeFin ripped their subtitles basically straight from the ASource-Lililicious version without credit, I'd advise against downloading from that group on principle.

Read this thread for more details...
Old 2004-06-05, 07:58   Link #4
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

I have the Marimite DVD Region 2 release.
There is no extra 'scenes', it follows exactly like the TV show. The DVD has a better/sharper picture quality though, you can notice the background differences. I do not think that you need to download the AnimeFin version, just hope that Geneon USA will release Marimite soon.
Closed Thread